Cheers Mel

ram1964

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

Thanks Mel, keep up the good work, the vast majority of fans are 101% with you.

I know it is only a figure of speech, but it is one that always amuses me.

Like when a commentator says "He gave 110% on a pitch"

It is impossible to do

I'm loving the pre season optimism. Have no idea whether we will get promoted, relegated or anywhere in between. 

Anybody on here brave enough to criticise Mel's dealings this summer without the benefit of 20/20 hindsight? 

I forsee a barrage of criticism that will be the mirror opposite of last season. Too dangerous playing out from the back - just get rid.

Too many youngsters in the team - where are the influential old heads whose experience will guarantee us promotion.

Inexperienced manager when we need someone with Championship experience. 

These players only suit a 442/352/433* formation (*- delete where appropriate). 

Despite all this, the one multi-generational moan that will continue forever - Keogh's always got a mistake in him. 

Anything else that may go wrong, whatever it is, was obvious to me all along and Mel is incompetent for not recognising it, whatever it is. 

20 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I'm loving the pre season optimism. Have no idea whether we will get promoted, relegated or anywhere in between. 

Anybody on here brave enough to criticise Mel's dealings this summer without the benefit of 20/20 hindsight? 

I forsee a barrage of criticism that will be the mirror opposite of last season. Too dangerous playing out from the back - just get rid.

Too many youngsters in the team - where are the influential old heads whose experience will guarantee us promotion.

Inexperienced manager when we need someone with Championship experience. 

These players only suit a 442/352/433* formation (*- delete where appropriate). 

Despite all this, the one multi-generational moan that will continue forever - Keogh's always got a mistake in him. 

Anything else that may go wrong, whatever it is, was obvious to me all along and Mel is incompetent for not recognising it, whatever it is. 

Are you a tad frustrated with some of our more "knowledgeable" fans? ?

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Are you a tad frustrated with some of our more "knowledgeable" fans? ?

Not at all. Just thought I'd try to tap into this fountain of knowledge before events unravel. I think their natural shyness means they don't often get their opinion across until it's too late. I was quite happy with all of Mel's hirings and firings at the time. Clement's sacking was the exception and he is now managing Reading, so it looks like that was a good decision after all.

On 26/07/2018 at 09:28, ram1964 said:

All exciting times since the arrival of Frank. Have to say I wasn't overly convinced with him joining us when he has no experience and thought we would struggle this season with little money for transfers, an inexperienced manager and a washed up mixed bag of a squad developed by 3 or 4 managers.

However so far delighted with Frank's vision and signings. The introduction of his coaching team/ staff especially Jody Morris is a breath of fresh air and one that inspires confidence.

is it just me or do we seem to be getting a bit more news worthy since his arrival and for the right reasons?

Not wanting to get over optimistic as everything has to fit in to place, but we seem to have done some cracking business and as yet not lost players that most of us feel should be moved on.

Sure Vydra, Nugent, Blackman and the likes will now surely go.

BUT THANK YOU MEL?

For putting further investment in the club, 're awakening my desire pride and passion for the club, and making me genuinely excited about the new season.

let it not be said that despite the numerous calamities over the past few seasons we have a committed enthusiastic owner with some balls and conviction to see this club do right?  

I must admit I was similarly sceptical but you have to say it has all been positive.

23 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Would far rather have Mel in charge than some of the previous owners. Not that long ago when Jeremy Keith and his "mates" were running the show borrowing funds from some should I say unusual investors......

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of pounds they stole from the club & subsequently did time for.

These were the crooks who took over our club for a pound after dear old Lionel's money had run out. (IIRC poor old Lionel came in for some stick at the time. Some of our fans having short memories appeared to forget that he was one who rescued us from Maxwell)

Yes he's not without faults, but before anyone complains about Mel Morris I'll give you 3 names to ponder:  Murdo Mackay, Andrew Mackenzie & Jeremy Keith 

Coolest bald man I know, best owner we've had ( Lionel was great also ), wish I had a time machine to take him back to the late 60's to buy the club when Brian was appointed.

Latest Sunday Times richlist estimates his net worth at £500 million. 

If I was Mel I would ring fence £250 million and spend the rest on DCFC, to make us a long standing Premier league team. I think this is his strategy anyway.

Well done MM you're a legend.

7 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Not at all. Just thought I'd try to tap into this fountain of knowledge before events unravel. I think their natural shyness means they don't often get their opinion across until it's too late. I was quite happy with all of Mel's hirings and firings at the time. Clement's sacking was the exception and he is now managing Reading, so it looks like that was a good decision after all.

Never been shy ever since he took over.....

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Never been shy ever since he took over.....

Clement pretty much removed himself from his post.

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Coolest bald man I know, best owner we've had ( Lionel was great also ), wish I had a time machine to take him back to the late 60's to buy the club when Brian was appointed.

Latest Sunday Times richlist estimates his net worth at £500 million. 

If I was Mel I would ring fence £250 million and spend the rest on DCFC, to make us a long standing Premier league team. I think this is his strategy anyway.

Well done MM you're a legend.

Funny that he has already spent 200mil of it.

Archived