Cheers Mel

ram1964

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/07/2018 at 05:12, Ramet said:

No but i do know how much he has put into this club.

He has put £200m into the club.  Doubt it mate.  This is not to knock him on what he has invested, but your figures seem to me overstated, and must include what he paid for the club.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

He has put £200m into the club.  Doubt it mate.  This is not to knock him on what he has invested, but your figures seem to me overstated, and must include what he paid for the club.

One promotion and his money back! 

On 27/07/2018 at 13:24, Roboram said:

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of pounds they stole from the club & subsequently did time for.

These were the crooks who took over our club for a pound after dear old Lionel's money had run out. (IIRC poor old Lionel came in for some stick at the time. Some of our fans having short memories appeared to forget that he was one who rescued us from Maxwell)

Yes he's not without faults, but before anyone complains about Mel Morris I'll give you 3 names to ponder:  Murdo Mackay, Andrew Mackenzie & Jeremy Keith 

well said some folks have sort memories i can go back further than that

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Well just shows how little you know.please tell me how much do you think he has put in?

11 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Well he is still worth 500 million so must have been 700 million originally. I wouldn't get too worried he's still got enough left for a week in Cleethorpes.

The money he has put into Derby County would not necessarily reduce his net worth.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Well he is still worth 500 million so must have been 700 million originally. I wouldn't get too worried he's still got enough left for a week in Cleethorpes.

Hes ok in that respect, gets free board and breakfast at @David gaff

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The money he has put into Derby County would not necessarily reduce his net worth.

If all his money is in Henderson Global technology I agree. No seriously I'm sure he's got a very good spread of investments in numerous asset classes outside of DCFC, so I take your point ??

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It probably would. Football club valuations are odd - typically businesses are valued on a multiple of profit, but there's not much of that around!

Alternatively, a couple of websites have football club valuations, and they vary between 55 and 65 million. 

So  I'd suggest that his "investments" in the Rams have seen him lose close to £100m from his net worth.

If I had that much money, I think I'd be ok with that.

1 minute ago, ck- said:

It probably would. Football club valuations are odd - typically businesses are valued on a multiple of profit, but there's not much of that around!

Alternatively, a couple of websites have football club valuations, and they vary between 55 and 65 million. 

So  I'd suggest that his "investments" in the Rams have seen him lose close to £100m from his net worth.

If I had that much money, I think I'd be ok with that.

Other than the original purchase, the other money he has put in is via loans through Sevco, he is therefore still owed that money and that would be part of his net worth. 

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Correct as alot of it is seen as an asset.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Other than the original purchase, the other money he has put in is via loans through Sevco, he is therefore still owed that money and that would be part of his net worth. 

Apologies, I thought he'd converted many of the loans to equity. If not, then I agree with you.

1 minute ago, ck- said:

Apologies, I thought he'd converted many of the loans to equity. If not, then I agree with you.

The loans to DCFC were converted to equity, so the club don't owe the money to the parent company, however, the money MM has put into the parent to fund these are via debt rather than equity.

Archived