Booing Butters’ Every Touch

cannable

Not going to pretend I remember Butterfields quote word for word but I’m pretty sure it was against Rowett and not the club. Another example of quotes being misused to suit agendas. I’m not sure where he fits in to everything but we have a player there if he finds his form, with much less competition than ever before too!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Out of interest, roughly what % of the Derby support were actually booing would those that were there estimate?

Not easy tell on the stream!

Was it just the usual moronic 5% that all clubs have or something more substantial?

@Millenniumram @angieram

Problem is sometimes the moronic minority can sound very loud.

It usually is the minority. Just a shame there is any.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Out of interest, roughly what % of the Derby support were actually booing would those that were there estimate?

Was it just the usual moronic 5% that all clubs have or something more substantial?

@Millenniumram @angieram

Wasn’t many, just a couple of groups behind me, 10 people probably. Most around me eventually starting cheering his every touch to get them to shut up. Just the usual ********* really

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Wasn’t many, just a couple of groups behind me, 10 people probably. Most around me eventually starting cheering his every touch to get them to shut up. Just the usual ********* really

Love that

After his performances and what he said he deserved it. As supports we pay enough money to boo if we feel it's warranted, I wasn't there today but with that being his first appearance since we'd let him go if have been tempted. Glad he's proved a few doubters wrong, the ability is clearly there he was if anything massively frustrating and there was a thought that we'd maybe coached some of his attacking mindedness out of him. If the boos motivate him, long may it continue ? 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah heard the cheering and it seemed to do the trick!

A "moronic 1%" at most then. I'm sure Butts is big enough to realise this.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

After his performances and what he said he deserved it. As supports we pay enough money to boo if we feel it's warranted, I wasn't there today but with that being his first appearance since we'd let him go if have been tempted. Glad he's proved a few doubters wrong, the ability is clearly there he was if anything massively frustrating and there was a thought that we'd maybe coached some of his attacking mindedness out of him. If the boos motivate him, long may it continue ? 

"I spoke to my agent and just said Derby’s style of play was not really the way I like to play my football. I just had a feeling that he (Gary Rowett) wanted to play a more direct, physical style," Butterfield said.

"I said I didn’t want to spend the season on the bench and my agent made some calls and I had a few options."

Hardly the worst thing a player has ever said. 

If you look up the word supporter it says 'a person who approves of and encourages'....it doesnt say 'a person who feels like he or she has a right to abuse another person just because they have paid a few quid'

Its the first game of pre-season, not the time for people to show negativity....lampard must have been truly impressed.

6 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

After his performances and what he said he deserved it.  ?

“I spoke to my agent early last week and just said Derby’s style of play was not really the way I like to play my football. 

“I just had a feeling that he [Rowett] wanted to play a more direct, physical style.”

“I said I didn’t want to spend the season on the bench and my agent made some calls and I had a few options.”

What did he say that was so apopoalectic and attacked the club? 

23 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I find it really difficult to understand why fans would boo their own players?

am I the only one that doesn’t get it?

It’s actually quite handy if you ever need confirmation of who in our fan base lacks class and is low in intelligence, they just confirm who they are, mostly at away games, thinking they are hard/clever when in fact they are actually the kind of simpletons we try to avoid in our day to day lives.

I was in the stand opposite (with some friends who are Notts county fans) and the booing sounded very loud from there. It seemed as if there were a lot of Derby "fans" booing.The Notts fans commented how strange it was to boo your own player.

20 minutes ago, Carnero said:

@Millenniumram @angieram

It only seemed to come from a small minority, mainly coming from a pocket of "supporters" towards the back. Also a couple behind me did it, I made a point of saying how stupid it was to boo your own player and then decided too applaud him to cancel them out. After about 5 mins the boos stoppped as more and more supporters had the same idea and kept clapping his every touch. He actually looked better as the match wore on and had a decent game, I hope he took heart from today's performance and ignore the boo boys

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

These ******** weren’t far behind me, right got on my nerves. The rowett chant was one thing since he’s left us (tho that wasn’t exactly right either) but booing your own player?! Don’t get it.

bankers

They were immediately behind me. Quite a few left early because of them, 

36 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Probably best for him and Blackman to move on for their own sanity.

You realise that would be advocating that the knuckle-dragging mouth-breathers have a right to dictate the club's transfer policy, don't you?

Archived