Sell to buy?

northantsram

8 minutes ago, RaichCarter said:

Wow. Lawrence? Prancing pony can do one. Inconsistent and mardy  

And Hudds is so under rated it’s scary. He’s the heartbeat of our team and doesn’t get anything like the credit he deserves.

A 32 year old keeper is not old by any stretch. I don’t think we’ll sell unless he really wants to go. 

Bloody hell I forgot hudds, he just needs someone next to him to do the running dirty work Ect, I think Lawrence needs time 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawrence will have a good season. Some people dont rate him, But i do. Maybe he will thrive under an attacking boss who's first thought is not always to track back and defend. Jheez last year he was a winger having to defend more than he attacked, do you think Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar would score the goals they do if there managers told them to be more defensive and do doggys all game? No.

I just doubt that if we were to replace him with a GK as good or better, they'd struggle to be as likable. 

5 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Scott Carson is a great keeper at this level - if not the best in the league. I wouldn't want to see him leave however, If we pushed Brighton for 5 million (or more) i couldn't complain at the sale. he's 32 turning 33 this season, Surely a sum of 5-7 million would be good business, not many old keepers go for that much. Just read on Twitter that @BBCDerbySport believe that "Brighton could be about to make a serious play for Derby keeper Scott Carson" - Tweeted 58 mins ago.

I would be very happy if Butterfield, Blackman and Johnson went to Brighton for £5-7 million. If ever there was a collective waste of money it was them!

Im pulling my hair out. Everyone signing players (Forest now 7!) and were just tinkling along. Can Vydra just get gone asap so i can get off on seeing us sign someone - I come on this forum everyday at every hour but nothing changes......?

Just now, Edtheram said:

Im pulling my hair out. Everyone signing players (Forest now 7!) and were just tinkling along. Can Vydra just get gone asap so i can get off on seeing us sign someone - I come on this forum everyday at every hour but nothing changes......?

Why would you want our best player gone though .

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

I would be very happy if Butterfield, Blackman and Johnson went to Brighton for £5-7 million. If ever there was a collective waste of money it was them!

Bit harsh to include Johnson in there mate. He’s done alright and never really been played in his correct position. Even towards the end of last season he never let us down as 1 of the 2 in DM position

5 hours ago, RaichCarter said:

And Hudds is so under rated it’s scary. He’s the heartbeat of our team and doesn’t get anything like the credit he deserves.

A 32 year old keeper is not old by any stretch. I don’t think we’ll sell unless he really wants to go. 

Step 1 - Whinge that we keep signing old players.

Step 2 - When we sign promising young player and he doesn't perform as well as often as an experienced, older player poo our pants and cry about it. 

The Derby way... 

Seriously what an absolutely bonkers post.

You don't know him personally so you cannot say he is mardy. Pure wild conjecture. 

Inconsistent? Helloooooo that's why he plays in the championship. Every attacker in this league is inconsistent... 

Prancing? Should he apologise for trying to show technical ability rather than being a Weimann mark 2? 

Honestly comments like this... sometimes I think we don't deserve promising young players at this club. 

27 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Bit harsh to include Johnson in there mate. He’s done alright and never really been played in his correct position. Even towards the end of last season he never let us down as 1 of the 2 in DM position

He wasn't worth £6 million and £30k per week!!

16 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

He wasn't worth £6 million and £30k per week!!

Didn’t say he was worth it but he wasn’t a waste of money. He’s oerformed better than a lot of our other players and at least played for us for the last 3 years. 

Id say not getting £6 mil for Martin was a bigger waste of money when we had the chance

17 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Step 1 - Whinge that we keep signing old players.

When did I do that? I specifically said that Hudds was class. 

Step 2 - When we sign promising young player and he doesn't perform as well as often as an experienced, older player poo our pants and cry about it. 

Talk about taking one comment and then taking it the extreme. At £7m he needs to be more than promising. I don’t rate him - have no problem with young players

The Derby way... 

Seriously what an absolutely bonkers post.

Only when you take stupid liberties with it

You don't know him personally so you cannot say he is mardy. Pure wild conjecture. 

How do you know I don’t? You jump to some fairly big conclusions youth. 

Inconsistent? Helloooooo that's why he plays in the championship. Every attacker in this league is inconsistent... 

Kinell. He’s too inconsistent for the money we paid. Is that clearer? 

Prancing? Should he apologise for trying to show technical ability rather than being a Weimann mark 2? 

Again, wtf. What tech ability does he show? Poor crosses? Poor corners? 

Honestly comments like this... sometimes I think we don't deserve promising young players at this club. 

Yeah, comments like this where you take a little moan and blow it out of proportion - that’s the Derby way.  

I’m not a moaner - far from it but I don’t rate Lawrence. No problem at all with the older players (generally our best players) and I hope Lawrence proves me wrong - especially if he plays more centrally where he should get more of the ball. 

Honestly, posters like you who try to shout others down... Rather than just have a sensible debate you turn into Piers F'ing Morgan by taking one point and turning into a totally different one. <sigh>

2 minutes ago, RaichCarter said:

I’m not a moaner - far from it but I don’t rate Lawrence. No problem at all with the older players (generally our best players) and I hope Lawrence proves me wrong - especially if he plays more centrally where he should get more of the ball. 

The way Rowett used him was quite frankly sickening. 

I didn't watch as many games as I would have liked, but there seemed to be a reoccurring theme of him having to chase the ball or him having to control a long ball with the closest Derby player being nearly 5 miles away leaving him isolated. 

Nearly every time he had the ball at his feet, the only option he had was to go round 2-3 players in order to get into a position where he can make an impact. That's not a Lawrence problem, that's a tactical problem. We were far too stretched as a team, which happens when you're playing counter-attacking football. 

We need to be a lot closer together, we've gone from being a possession-heavy side that played in the opposition half to a long ball side defending in our own half. We're literally the Bruce Jenner of Championship football & I want to go back 1976 Olympic Bruce!! 

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:57, RaichCarter said:

I think on the other hand Raich your tone in articulating that you don't rate Tom Lawrence was way over the top. Personally I think you are wrong & he will prove it next season. As you say you are entitled to an opinion but don't be surprised to get flack with statements such as your opening line.

Archived