Sell to buy?

northantsram

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The way Rowett set us up that wasn't difficult, he was the only 'creative mid' and we set up to pump it down the channels/the field. Hope we see very little of that next season and then what will Hudds do?

Absolutely agree Mac however I don't think Snake's set up suited Huddlestone as it put him on the back foot to much.

Time to let us spray (the ball)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we should be  patient but our inactivity in the market with regards to incoming signings is becoming a little concerning.

We have obviously identified targets but our inability to close deals due having to balance the books is holding us back.

Most of our rivals have made atleast 1 or 2 signings and some have even completed their squads.  

I the Chelsea manager situation is also a big factor as this holding up decisions on players their end.

The only major worry is we miss our number 1 targets by dilly rallying to long and eventually have to settle for 2nd or 3rd choice or end up getting no one.

Hopefully when their back from Tenerife things will move quick and have player in before pre season matches 

5 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I know we should be  patient but our inactivity in the market with regards to incoming signings is becoming a little concerning.

We have obviously identified targets but our inability to close deals due having to balance the books is holding us back.

Most of our rivals have made atleast 1 or 2 signings and some have even completed their squads.  

I the Chelsea manager situation is also a big factor as this holding up decisions on players their end.

The only major worry is we miss our number 1 targets by dilly rallying to long and eventually have to settle for 2nd or 3rd choice or end up getting no one.

Hopefully when their back from Tenerife things will move quick and have player in before pre season matches 

Dilly rallying, is this a casual  motor sport where you can start as late as you wish. ?

On 06/07/2018 at 11:50, RaichCarter said:

Do you go the games? Seriously, do you? Hudds is the guy that does all of that. Lawrence just isn’t. He might be and perhaps played differently he will but I’ve not seen enough to have him in my ‘must keep’ pile. He might have been that guy at Ipswich but he certainly isn’t at Derby. 

I'm guessing you're an older supporter like myself.

So presumably you remember how bad David Nish, Leighton James and even Craig Short were to begin with?

I'm on the fence with TL, it definitely frustrates me how much he sucks at taking corners, but I've seen flashes to make me think he could become a really good player.

12 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm guessing you're an older supporter like myself.

So presumably you remember how bad David Nish, Leighton James and even Craig Short were to begin with?

I'm on the fence with TL, it definitely frustrates me how much he sucks at taking corners, but I've seen flashes to make me think he could become a really good player.

I am a sightly (ahem) older supporter...

I remember Higginbotham's first games too and he was awful until he moved centrally. And yeah, Short took a while to settle in. Davies did to be fair - he wasn't dreadful but it took him a while to become the powerhouse he now is.

So I've been around enough to be realistic / cynical (depending on your philosophic leaning) but I'm generally in the 'positive' camp. Just TL presses my buttons (as Deon Burton did) yet seems to have a cult following that isn't based on what we see of the lad - more of the romance of a fairly big signing and his record at Ipswich - both of which are meaningless.

Genuinely hope he proves me wrong - with a new style of play (more freedom perhaps?) maybe he'll become more influential, less shruggy and do the business. 

Archived