John Terry v Vicki Sparks

Parsnip

Future Ram's captain John Terry had a dig at female world cup commentator Vicki Sparks on Instagram posting a picture of the game with the caption "Having to watch this game with no volume".

He's since confirmed his TV genuinely didn't have any volume and he's not being all sexist and stuff.

Yeah all right John ?

Screenshot_20180620-183709_Chrome.thumb.jpg.29235b4986ba49ba529ca4aa757c99b3.jpg

Do we believe him or is he being sexist? Or was she crap anyway?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

So if we critise phil neville cause hes crap its ok, if we criticise a woman its sexist? I suppose if we criticised Alex scott its both sexist and racist?  Im not btw just saying.

Thought the female commentator was genuinely really good today. I think I naturally (and probably wrongly) listened out a little more for any mistakes but she really impressed me and hopefully it’s a good sign for the future. Can imagine her inspiring a fair few girls to widen their horizons. 

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Topram said:

Tbf she was awful as most have been so far this World Cup 

You are being a bit unfair,  it must be hard to do commentary while doing the ironing. 

34 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Thought the female commentator was genuinely really good today. I think I naturally (and probably wrongly) listened out a little more for any mistakes but she really impressed me and hopefully it’s a good sign for the future. Can imagine her inspiring a fair few girls to widen their horizons. 

Who is this??

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

So if we critise phil neville cause hes crap its ok, if we criticise a woman its sexist? I suppose if we criticised Alex scott its both sexist and racist?  Im not btw just saying.

She's fit though

I managed to watch some of the game earlier and I can understand why people complained, including Terry. She was terrible and Keown had to correct her on a number of occasions. 

She kept on screeching and called Portugal, ‘Porto’ and said ‘Coutinho is about to take the corner.’ She was out of her depth. Unpopular opinion but you can call a woman commmentator rubbish without being sexist. She’s a poor commentator as is Mark Lawrenson.

5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Sometimes I know Mrs Cone is speaking or shouting at me but I don’t hear any words just a wierd screeching noise.

I generally get the jist of what she means though.

My wife said to me the other day "you haven't listened to a word I said"

I replied " what a funny thing to say to start a conversation"

That's when she hit me

12 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Serious question, do you think its PC gone mad that its unacceptable to use 'poof/puff'/'mincer' etc as an insult? 

PS. Criticising PN is actually classed as discriminating against someone with learning difficulties. 

I think it's an age thing.

There are so, so many cr4p male commentators especially Martin 'talks like he was Arsenal's Beckenbauer but was actually just a thug in a skillful side' Keown, yet no one makes a big deal about muting the TV when he's on (even if they do). 

A lot of these women have had incredible insight through playing the game for 10/15 years and it's good to hear fresh views rather than the same dullards we have all year round. If they were genuinely rubbish then whatever but they're actually not. They're just not given the same respect and chance as others because of their gender so are always p1ssing against the wind so to speak. 

Archived