Ronaldo tax evasion

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Boils my piss. If it was a builder who had defrauded the government to the tune of 35k he would be doing time.

No punishment at all for Ronaldo,  his club and country should set an example and ban him for bringing game into disrepute,  they wont but dare bet if he was an average player they would.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Different laws in Spain. You can’t get a prison sentence for an offence that is considered less than 2 years or something along those lines.

Only less because he can afford to pay it back. 

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Gritters said:

If that's his tax bill how much has he earnt?

Makes it even worse a crime.

I have no knowledge of the Spanish laws surrounding tax, or their legal system... So I can't really hold any valid opinion on whether or not he should be physically in jail or not right now.

Obviously it's morally wrong though. 

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I suppose with that amount of money he employs someone to look after his accounts. If he is instructing them to break the law then yes it is.

If he isnt its still his responsibility.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Boils my piss. If it was a builder who had defrauded the government to the tune of 35k he would be doing time.

No punishment at all for Ronaldo,  his club and country should set an example and ban him for bringing game into disrepute,  they wont but dare bet if he was an average player they would.

Calm down mate! ? don’t get on to cash work again!?

12 hours ago, Gritters said:

I suppose with that amount of money he employs someone to look after his accounts. If he is instructing them to break the law then yes it is.

12 hours ago, Paul71 said:

If he isnt its still his responsibility.

Although it is his responsibility I find it difficult to apportion blame as well. I often think that if I won the lottery how would I “work” my money. With the amount we are talking about it would be stupid not to employ an expert. Yes there are loopholes that can be taken advantage of, but legally. If you have no idea about these issues and pay good money for someone to take care of it for you you shouldn’t need to worry if you are breaking the law because you assume that you are not. Ignorance is not a defence, but at the same time if you have employed someone who is qualified to do a job for you and they do it badly where does your culpability start and finish? There are so many cases over here of very wealthy people being found guilty of tax evasion. I can’t believe that all of them have told their advisors to find means of paying less by hook or by crook. Either the law is too vague or I just see too much good in people.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Although it is his responsibility I find it difficult to apportion blame as well. I often think that if I won the lottery how would I “work” my money. With the amount we are talking about it would be stupid not to employ an expert. Yes there are loopholes that can be taken advantage of, but legally. If you have no idea about these issues and pay good money for someone to take care of it for you you shouldn’t need to worry if you are breaking the law because you assume that you are not. Ignorance is not a defence, but at the same time if you have employed someone who is qualified to do a job for you and they do it badly where does your culpability start and finish? There are so many cases over here of very wealthy people being found guilty of tax evasion. I can’t believe that all of them have told their advisors to find means of paying less by hook or by crook. Either the law is too vague or I just see too much good in people.

Sort of agree. But I suspect if there is a rogue accountant out there doing this for the likes of messi, ronaldo, neymar etc then you would hear about them being charged too.

He needs to make sure that whomever he appoints is doing it correctly. If he has just said get on with it with his fingers in his ears going blah blah blah then he is responsible. If he had appointed a geniune outfit of accountants with all the appropriate accreditation that goes with it then of course I would expect that to be admissible as evidence.

36 minutes ago, richinspain said:

As you probably know tax evasion tends to be bit of a badge of weailth here. Some of the corruption in local government makes me go pale.  Who was that in Mallorca?  She said something like it’s only money why should it involve the courts?

getting better but the only way they enforce tax is on death where it can be crippling for relatives

16 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Interesting.

I dislike Ronaldo intensely. No decent sportsman would behave like he does. God-given talent is wasted on him. He will reap what he sows eventually, even if the Authorities dare not mete out his just desserts. 

56 minutes ago, Spanish said:

As you probably know tax evasion tends to be bit of a badge of weailth here. Some of the corruption in local government makes me go pale.  Who was that in Mallorca?  She said something like it’s only money why should it involve the courts?

getting better but the only way they enforce tax is on death where it can be crippling for relatives

I’ve always found it strange that you have to pay huge amounts of money for something you inherit from a family member, who paid huge amounts of taxes when they bought said inheritance.

Archived