Ronaldo tax evasion

ViewsFromTheMiddle

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Boils my piss. If it was a builder who had defrauded the government to the tune of 35k he would be doing time.

No punishment at all for Ronaldo,  his club and country should set an example and ban him for bringing game into disrepute,  they wont but dare bet if he was an average player they would.

Not n Spain he wouldn’t, if he paid it back the same laws apply to all.  If you get caught for speeding would you expect your employer to ban you from you work?

46 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not n Spain he wouldn’t, if he paid it back the same laws apply to all.  If you get caught for speeding would you expect your employer to ban you from you work?

Depends, if you are in a company vehicle, with the name all over it, you could end up being sacked.

20 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Depends, if you are in a company vehicle, with the name all over it, you could end up being sacked.

It could be argued that being caught speeding is driving without due care and attention - and doing so in a company vehicle is putting company property and the company's name at risk.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I wouldnt expect to receive a criminal conviction with a prison sentence for speeding. If I was speeding sufficiently to warrant one then yes its possible I would lose my job.

In fact a good example might be Bob Malcolm, charged with drink driving and because he was a bang average player Derby suspended him as a result. Bet even Derby wouldnt suspend a top player for the same offence.

31 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

True but his prosecution is nothing to do with Real Madrid, it’s possible that this tax evasion relates to other sponsors payments.  He has tried to find a loop hole in the system, as do a lot of people in this country, he has just done it on a larger scale.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I wouldnt expect to receive a criminal conviction with a prison sentence for speeding. If I was speeding sufficiently to warrant one then yes its possible I would lose my job.

Both are still breaking the law, the mandatory prison sentence is a deterrent not to do it again, as is 3 points.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

What if the builder cant afford to pay back the 35k.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

It would be the same outcome as if Ronaldo couldn’t afford to pay.

I suppose my point is a builder may not be in a position to pay it back like Ronaldo did, should being privileged enough to do so be relevant?  The crime is the crime, he only paid it back because he got caught.

Maybe the sentence would be the same if you could pay it back or not. I doubt ut but dont know. 

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I suppose my point is a builder may not be in a position to pay it back like Ronaldo did, should being privileged enough to do so be relevant?  The crime is the crime, he only paid it back because he got caught.

Maybe the sentence would be the same if you could pay it back or not. I doubt ut but dont know. 

I sort of see where your coming from, however for me they both committed a crime and therefore the sentence should be the same which it is.  The builder if trying to avoid tax should have a set amount set aside to ensure if he gets caught he can also take advantage of the system.

Archived