Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

13 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure why you think a Premier League club would sign him just to loan him back out, he’s 24 in a couple of months. Whilst still young it’s the age where Premier League clubs look to move on players that won’t make the grade, not sign up for potential. 

As for Championship clubs, Peterborough are in no rush to accept an offer, they seem happy to play clubs against each other over social media trying to get the best fee they can. 

Only on a income generation scenario if he was any good?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've seen his commitment questioned a few times.

He appears to have gone from fragile, to lazy to disruptive in a matter of weeks.

I don't think he has been told he is not in Lampards plan.

There's no way that we would be selling the league's top goalscorer for £11m if he was in Lampard's plans. We'd only consider a stupid bid of £15m+ if he was to stay here with Lampard. The style of play that we've been playing does not suit Vydra. He wants to play with a striker.

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

There's no way that we would be selling the league's top goalscorer for £11m if he was in Lampard's plans. We'd only consider a stupid bid of £15m+ if he was to stay here with Lampard. The style of play that we've been playing does not suit Vydra. He wants to play with a striker.

Have you asked him?

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

If I was the championship leading scorer I would want a big transfer  (wages increased) to the premiership or to play with players who are going to give me loads of chances in the championship- which would be derby looking at it after Saturday and definitely not Leeds 

16 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Where did he play for Watford?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where did he play for Watford?

Difficult question. He played as one of the AML, AMC, AMR 3 who continuously swapped positions.

Should also be noted that in that Watford team, two players scored more than him and 2 weren't far behind him.

That team was an outlier. A complete chance creation machine. Finishing in the playoffs was testament to how gung-ho they were, they almost scored 100 goals.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I seem to recall him playing alongside Deeney in a big man/small man partnership. May be wrong though.

This is my point. He has to play with a target man type. He cannot be the single striker up top on his own

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I seem to recall him playing alongside Deeney in a big man/small man partnership. May be wrong though.

Either way, he would have dropped off and collected the knock-downs from Deeney right? His partnership with Nugent was great in the first half of last season, as Nuge had his back to goal and laid a perfect pass back for an incoming Vydra on the edge of the box. No way can he score those goals by himself up front.

2 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Either way, he would have dropped off and collected the knock-downs from Deeney right? His partnership with Nugent was great in the first half of last season, as Nuge had his back to goal and laid a perfect pass back for an incoming Vydra on the edge of the box. No way can he score those goals by himself up front.

Well if the point is that he can't play as a lone striker I would agree. If it's that he has to have a system built around him then I don't think there is any evidence of this.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Well if the point is that he can't play as a lone striker I would agree. If it's that he has to have a system built around him then I don't think there is any evidence of this.

Okay I understand you I think.

However, would you want Lampard to accommodate his system to fit Vydra? He seemingly wants to play 1 up top with wingers and no "10" or 2nd striker...

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Still difficult to know about this chap and will he do well for us if we sign him

vydra - championship top scorer and under contract 

Marriott - league one top scorer and we have pay a hefty fee for him - but the one question keeps nagging in that why haven’t anybody already signed him from the championship or why hasn’t a premiership club used some pocket change to buy him and loan him out?

Could be the same reason no one gambled on Ricky lambert until he was in his twilight years. Those who remember him dominating us v Southampton all those years ago will know how good he was. If he was called lamberino or Marriottic was jacks surname it would be a different story

Archived