Peter Marples and Mel Morris

NottsRam

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was criticising his opinion, not saying he can't have one. Just feel it's a depressing position to be 'anti' our owner, a fan who has poured millions into the club. 

Has he made mistakes? Yes.

Is it ok if we point these out? Yes.

Has he done good things? Yes.

Can we point these out too? Yes.

Why be 'anti' though?

I can see your point I was always anti Rowett never bought into the bull, the guy said one thing and did another, he just never convinced me. AR probably feels the same about MM.

Anti in my book is don't rate him and would prefer other options, I think you are right in your summary of MM so although I think he's done more wrong than right it's his money and his prerogative and we could do a lot worse .

2 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Wasn't it the Marples who owned the helicopter..........................shipped in Billy???  Or is my brain completely screwed??????

I think it may well have been. Back at the time, Marples was much more successful than Mel. Mel was very much the junior partner in the gang of four. His stated net worth at the time was about 10m. 

It probably really guts Marples that Mel has been so successful. These top business men have very big egos. 

I expect that is a lot of what's going on here. 

29 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

It probably really guts Marples that Mel has been so successful. These top business men have very big egos. 

Ahhh, that would explain @Angry Ram anti stance, Mel’s Pride Park pitch is slightly bigger than his garden ?

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

So what are these rumours then? 

Losing out on academy players, cutting it back, selling players on the cheap (knocking £1,000,000 off our valuation for Vydra after Afobe went to Stoke) etcetera 

I don’t really care what Marples thinks and I did read some retweets. What struck me is how unprofessional it all was. Money doesn’t buy class. If I was looking to do business with him I’d pass after reading that. 

Fans are entitled to an opinion about Mel but the anti brigade seem determined to only latch on to the mistakes, whereas I quite like the bloke and I’m not blind to them. 

56 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don’t really care what Marples thinks and I did read some retweets. What struck me is how unprofessional it all was. Money doesn’t buy class. If I was looking to do business with him I’d pass after reading that. 

Fans are entitled to an opinion about Mel but the anti brigade seem determined to only latch on to the mistakes, whereas I quite like the bloke and I’m not blind to them. 

image.png.d0d0e2953f8c98f6e18381d1af53fb38.png

5 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I think it may well have been. Back at the time, Marples was much more successful than Mel. Mel was very much the junior partner in the gang of four. His stated net worth at the time was about 10m. 

At the time mel was already worth alot more he had not long sold UDATE.com for 170 mil it was marples that was only worth 10mil

On 13/06/2018 at 11:03, NottsRam said:

There seems to be a lot of bad blood between Mr Marples who I believe was one of the league of Gentlemen assembled by Peter Gadsby, and Mel Morris.  I was on a DCFC related page on FB and saw a comment by Peter Marples, had a look to see if it was the same guy.  It is and reading through his posts (which are made public) he seems very very bitter towards Mel Morris and indeed DCFC as a whole.  It seems he feels he has been badly treated and that Mel's running of the club is a shambles.  Alludes to the fact that Rotherham is a far better run club than Derby and seems to have almost a hatred for all things DCFC.

Erm..... are u like me but ten years younger ?? 

I don’t know if I’m being phased out here lol 

10 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Only worth 10mil..........lol. Give me a 10th of that and I would be happy 

Couldnt agree more oldtimer

8 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Horton,Kirkland,Gadsby,Amott and Morris were all definitely members of the LOG, and I'm pretty sure Marples was as well (Mrs Marples was a director originally, along with the other 5). Their original financial input was equal, giving them all an equal say. There was no junior partner.

Just had a quick look at CH and can confirm that all 6 had equal holdings of 1,000,000 shares in Gellaw 101, apart from Gadsby, who had 1 less for some reason ( though I do remember he granted a director's loan, the only one to do so).

If anyone wants to check, just avail of the free CH beta service and search for Gellaw 101. Under filing history, check the ' capital' box, and then scroll down to the 30 May 06 entry headed 'Ad 27/06/06' and click on the pdf link at the right. I'll warn you that it comes in 2 halves, and in 2 instances you'll have to add 2 distinct holdings together to form the total. Ignore Amott's 400,000 for the time being, because this is obviously supplemented by a further 600,000 shown in the document 8 Aug 06 - 'Ad 26/08/06.

Archived