Peter Marples and Mel Morris

NottsRam

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd just like to point out that I'm not radioactive. Well, out of scope of regulation for EPR requirements at least.

I'm always pretty careful around you.. Just sayin. My Class 7 DG accreditation has expired.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I don't disagree with a word of that. In fact I have been on record recently supporting Morris on his cost cutting programme.

I have never question his intentions, I am sure he wants us to do well, why would he not. 

Ill advised, yep without a doubt.. But that does not make some of the mistakes not his fault.

I don't have blind faith in the man, just my opinion. It worries me that he has very little checks and balances and I won't swallow all the crap that he spouts on occasion.

Would I like him to be a success? You betcha !! However the past is the past and it is difficult to back him on his record so far. That's a fact, most of the pro Morris camp agree that he has made mistakes.

I applauded his appointment of Clement, I loved that we were just not recycling the same old names. What happened, I don't know.. I hope that the reasons were good and honest.

He's got Frank. Great, we have come full circle. Happy with the appointment, although I won't go all gooey like some of the over the top posts I have seen on here. We will see how he gets on...  No expectation from me just can I please enjoy coming again..  

Well done Mr Morris.

I have met a few off here who have met Morris and without exception they all really like the man. I am sure he is a lovely man, no reason to think otherwise. My comments about him (I don't believe), have ever been personal. Just critique on how he is running the club I love. I will call it as I see it but of course I realise my comments are there to be challenged. I have no problem with that if that is done in the right way. Old Lambchop even got me to change my opinion on one subject through her posts. That was great and I learned something about a subject. What gets my goat is the old unimaginative 'self styled angry man' 'you're hard' posts that come along every now and again, just because they happen to disagree with my view. At least put your point, I am happy to read and like to understand other views as well.

Those on here who have met me, know I am not 'Angry', I have explained the reason for that on a few occasions but it is amazing how one word can distort a view and people then seem incapable of reading what I have actually written.

I have to accept that I guess, I could change it but I sort of like it now. People just know me as Angry and call me Angry now.. It's just 5 letters, I could be Brian but that's a bit boring. Just to prove I am not angry, I apologise to any Brian type people on this forum, I am sure you are not boring. 

You are Brian and so is my wife.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Wonder if he taught Roger all he knew about saying one thing and doing another "....chance to be our own Alex Ferguson...."

Slightly curmudgeonly from time to time, but I wouldn't have said "Angry". Bet you've mellowed even further now you've got your lovely shiny black slabs!

I gave you a like just for the use of the word "curmudgeonly". ……………..excellent use of the language, just excellent...………..

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I don't disagree with a word of that. In fact I have been on record recently supporting Morris on his cost cutting programme.

I have never question his intentions, I am sure he wants us to do well, why would he not. 

Ill advised, yep without a doubt.. But that does not make some of the mistakes not his fault.

I don't have blind faith in the man, just my opinion. It worries me that he has very little checks and balances and I won't swallow all the crap that he spouts on occasion.

Would I like him to be a success? You betcha !! However the past is the past and it is difficult to back him on his record so far. That's a fact, most of the pro Morris camp agree that he has made mistakes.

I applauded his appointment of Clement, I loved that we were just not recycling the same old names. What happened, I don't know.. I hope that the reasons were good and honest.

He's got Frank. Great, we have come full circle. Happy with the appointment, although I won't go all gooey like some of the over the top posts I have seen on here. We will see how he gets on...  No expectation from me just can I please enjoy coming again..  

Well done Mr Morris.

I have met a few off here who have met Morris and without exception they all really like the man. I am sure he is a lovely man, no reason to think otherwise. My comments about him (I don't believe), have ever been personal. Just critique on how he is running the club I love. I will call it as I see it but of course I realise my comments are there to be challenged. I have no problem with that if that is done in the right way. Old Lambchop even got me to change my opinion on one subject through her posts. That was great and I learned something about a subject. What gets my goat is the old unimaginative 'self styled angry man' 'you're hard' posts that come along every now and again, just because they happen to disagree with my view. At least put your point, I am happy to read and like to understand other views as well.

Those on here who have met me, know I am not 'Angry', I have explained the reason for that on a few occasions but it is amazing how one word can distort a view and people then seem incapable of reading what I have actually written.

I have to accept that I guess, I could change it but I sort of like it now. People just know me as Angry and call me Angry now.. It's just 5 letters, I could be Brian but that's a bit boring. Just to prove I am not angry, I apologise to any Brian type people on this forum, I am sure you are not boring. 

What a sell out...changing your mind on something cos of @Lambchop (although has she turned you into a remainer!)

Great post apart from that.

Apologies that I took a different meaning of your anti-mel stance than what you meant.

Is anti the opposite of pro? They are often used together, but I end up taking pro to mean broadly positive, whereas anti is totally against. If only we had someone on this forum who knows everthing about semantics.

35 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

What a sell out...changing your mind on something cos of @Lambchop (although has she turned you into a remainer!)

Great post apart from that.

Apologies that I took a different meaning of your anti-mel stance than what you meant.

Is anti the opposite of pro? They are often used together, but I end up taking pro to mean broadly positive, whereas anti is totally against. If only we had someone on this forum who knows everthing about semantics.

Can’t for the life of me remember what Lammy got me thinking about now. We are polar opposites so that tells you something.  Definitely not Brexit though, she is for leave. One of the few things we agree on. 

Not ‘anti’ Morris as I said I would love him to succeed.  I will doff my hat is he does as that means DCFC are succeeding. I will question what he did does and says, rather than take everything at face value. He should earn the reverence some hold him to on here. He has not to date. Once he does, I will pray at the nearest Mel Morris statue. 

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Can’t for the life of me remember what Lammy got me thinking about now. We are polar opposites so that tells you something.  Definitely not Brexit though, she is for leave. One of the few things we agree on. 

Not ‘anti’ Morris as I said I would love him to succeed.  I will doff my hat is he does as that means DCFC are succeeding. I will question what he did does and says, rather than take everything at face value. He should earn the reverence some hold him to on here. He has not to date. Once he does, I will pray at the nearest Mel Morris statue. 

If Mel pulls the plug will you be happy mate. 

Archived