World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first point is about VAR. This is where it works perfectly. An objective decision that was initially wrong. No opinions involved, the review showed Kroos got the touch, not a Korean player, so the goal stands.

And for my second point...

Hahhahahahahhahaha

Best team of group has gone out, shame on South Korea who part from against Sweden game when they appeared to freeze played the best football in the group.  Mexico played well for 30 minutes of the tournament, and Sweden were well organised as always but that’s it for them 2.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Best team of group has gone out, shame on South Korea who part from against Sweden game when they appeared to freeze played the best football in the group.  Mexico played well for 30 minutes of the tournament, and Sweden were well organised as always but that’s it for them 2.

I didn't see the Germany-Korea game so I can't comment there, but Mexico thoroughly deserved to beat South Korea. They were far better, and South Korea just resorted to fouling.

And they were poor against Sweden too. Best team of the group? I can't agree with that at all.

Each team had spells of playing well and not. But on the whole, of the minutes clocked up, Sweden were the most efficient. They were better than South Korea, Mexico and Germany for the first 45 minutes.

Mexico deservedly won their first two games and then had a horrible time against Sweden. But they deserved to go through on the whole. I can't make a case for South Korea deserving anything from the first two games.

PistoldPete2
10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I should probably back Germany to win every World Cup

?????

Yes so much for my tip. I reckon Brazil to win it now. 

End of an era for Germany?

I think for them, they will look back on this era with a little regret. Between 2008-16, they had a terrific squad but only one World Cup from 5 international tournaments doesn't reflect the quality they had at their disposal.

Unfortunately for them, that golden era came at the same time as Spain, who won three majors.

The next batch of Germans, Sane and Kimmich aside, don't look that great. England have better youngsters right now.

I can't see Jerome Boateng, Thomas Muller, Mats Hummels, Manuel Neuer, Mario Gomez and Mesut Ozil being around at the next World Cup.

I’m still getting my head around it, Germany, the World Cup champions, are out of the World Cup!

I never thought I’d see the decline and collapse of German football, whilst English football is going from strength to strength. I knew that German football was in a bad place, but I didn’t realise it was this bad. My prediction of them reaching at least the semis looks silly now. I don’t expect Germany to be contenders for at least another 10 years because the Bundesliga is the poorest I’ve ever seen it. Bayern soaking up the best talent has had a detrimental effect on the whole league and now on the national team.

England should take advantage of this and see it as an opportunity to dominate international football like Spain did from 08-12. Only England and France have conveyer belt after conveyer belt of good young players coming through, whilst the other international teams seem to be stagnating and/or relying on players past their peak.

Very exciting times to be an England or French supporter witnessing other international sides’ standards dropping, whilst both nations have very talented players coming through.

24 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I didn't see the Germany-Korea game so I can't comment there, but Mexico thoroughly deserved to beat South Korea. They were far better, and South Korea just resorted to fouling.

And they were poor against Sweden too. Best team of the group? I can't agree with that at all.

Each team had spells of playing well and not. But on the whole, of the minutes clocked up, Sweden were the most efficient. They were better than South Korea, Mexico and Germany for the first 45 minutes.

Mexico deservedly won their first two games and then had a horrible time against Sweden. But they deserved to go through on the whole. I can't make a case for South Korea deserving anything from the first two games.

Thought the whole group was poor, South Korea were the weakest on paper so I could understand them sitting back at times, Mexico remind me of a GR team and with the players they have it’s such a waste seeing them play on the counter.  Germany for all their faults, had enough chances to win all three games, Sweden the worst of the lot for me, boring.  

Not uohappy through at who has gone out though ?

Archived