World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Very good keeper and very good defence.. oh and Mbappe. Oh well, its coming almost home. 

Almost rowett-esque that performance from France. 

The slithering one would have been orgasmic over the last 35 mins as France kept shape with 11 in their own half with the occasional pass into space for mbappe to run very fast onto......?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Ah right, figured that Sky would be ahead of the papers.  Looks like I need to keep up ?

In that case then, ban him.  And anyone he's spoken to in the last 7 days ?

4 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

What tonight's result means is that Harry Kane is virtually guaranteed the golden Boot.

For him NOT to win it, would require either Mbappe or Griezmann to score 4 goals in the final. 

(or for Stones or Modric to score 5 over two games!) 

Awesome!

I can barely remember Maradona's 'hand of god' (sic) - I had to Google it.  I just remember Lineker won the Golden Boot.

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I watched the game with Colombian commentary. They play a different game over this way. Different rules.

Grappling is allowed

You learn something every day I must admit I thought the rules were the same worldwide.  

Alternatively VAR has shown up what we knew for years that South American football is full of cheats.  Either they adapt to the impact of VAR or they will face early exists in every tournament.

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Almost rowett-esque that performance from France. 

The slithering one would have been orgasmic over the last 35 mins as France kept shape with 11 in their own half with the occasional pass into space for mbappe to run very fast onto......?

He'd have been busy noting how they were defending well, but lacking the finer points of the dark arts that Colombia had - now id be beting that performance left an embarrassing stain on the front of his trousers.

Everything is falling into place to England tonight against Croatia. England have a fully fit squad, whereas Croatia’s key players, Subasic, Vrsaljko, Lovren, strinic and rebic are huge doubts for the game, whilst Mandzukic is struggling with fatigue. If England don’t win tonight it will be an embarrassment as Croatia are at the weakest they have been in the tournament.

40 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Everything is falling into place to England tonight against Croatia. England have a fully fit squad, whereas Croatia’s key players, Subasic, Vrsaljko, Lovren, strinic and rebic are huge doubts for the game, whilst Mandzukic is struggling with fatigue. If England don’t win tonight it will be an embarrassment as Croatia are at the weakest they have been in the tournament.

of the nations I have seen only France and England actually seem to be getting stronger through the tournament. Some never got started whilst others faded. I thought Hazard apart, Belgium looked a bit ineffectual last night and deBruyne looked weary.

So on that limited analytical basis alone, an England v France final would be the "right" outcome. 

I hope Strinic is fit because I think unless the problem is right on top of him he's pretty poor. He's not the sharpest and quickest is he?

Quite like Rebic.

I know he'll score now but Mandzukic is massively overrated imo.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I hope Strinic is fit because I think unless the problem is right on top of him he's pretty poor. He's not the sharpest and quickest is he?

Quite like Rebic.

I know he'll score now but Mandzukic is massively overrated imo.

Need to keep Modric quiet. 

Come on England 

1 minute ago, DerbyPride said:

Just had a thought. If (and that's still a big if) England go all the way and win the thing, they'll be able to put another star above their badge. That'll make them as good as F*rest.

well now i understand.  Manure and Liverpool have never won the European Cup hence no stars on their shirts.  Florist have won the world cup twice, what a magnificent achievement

3 hours ago, Newleaf said:

Need to keep Modric quiet. 

Come on England 

Think you can only really control where he receives the ball and what his options are. Like Denmark did. 

He's too good to try and bully etc. His first touch usually buys him all the time he needs.

Archived