World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

19 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Harsh to say we never created in open play. Harry Kane was inches away from scoring a header in the first half, while in the second period Alli missed a sitter (another header) from only a few yards out after Maguire took a dive.

We would have also created 4 or 5 other chances as the ball was played to Lingard in the box but for some reason tonight the ball was just bouncing off him.

I agree, harsh on the performance to complain about chances.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Getting conflicted views - wallchart in office says our QF is on ITV... can anyone confirm?

On both, take your pick. The 7pm game is only on the BBC though 

6248C429-BFA2-464F-83C6-3A198B993199.png

C40361A4-F7C3-4669-833C-5B8ADC440592.png

1 minute ago, TimRam said:

Thought we lost our way in first half of extra time but overall deserved to beat the cheating and disgraceful Columbians. At least the Sweden match should be a decent game of football.

After the equaliser I thought England had gone into full on tournament crumbling mode. They fought back from that.

And yes, they were as Rowett might have purred, the masters of shithousery. Although the more itv cried about it, the funnier I started finding it, especially as it was completely one eye on the TV punditry. The penalty spot groundsman act was quite hilarious.

Columbia should probably have had two sent off and the ref did lose control, to the extent in extra time it seemed he'd given up refereeing the match entirely.

Can tell you lot practised penos!

Lets not sugar coat this, your best chance to reach the finals since 1966. No top team stand in your way, even though croatia I think will have most of the ball if you face them. Be positive and take it gareth

I was wondering, how good we’re we in 66. We’re we actually world beaters, one of the favourites, or was it a situation sort of like this, or Leicester winning the premier league, where the stars aligned, and everything went right, and we had a Russian linesman?

35 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I was wondering, how good we’re we in 66. We’re we actually world beaters, one of the favourites, or was it a situation sort of like this, or Leicester winning the premier league, where the stars aligned, and everything went right, and we had a Russian linesman?

This article might give some clarity

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/24/1966-world-cup-final-conspiracy-refereeing-50-years                                    

55 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Home advantage. We made the opposition travel around by coach and scheduled loads of road works on their routes?

Archived