Amazon winning some Premier League tv rights

alexxxxx

Looks like amazon have won 20 games of rights (although only over 2 gameweeks... one midweek round and one bank holiday round) for the 2019/2020 season. Will be included in amazon prime.

128 games on sky sports

52 games on bt sports

and 20 games on amazon.

Looking forward to watching Frank's Derby on Amazon in a couple of seasons time ?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Interesting move from Amazon.

I think they really do have a case of the world domination complex.

They've built a business by sticking their nose in where it didn't belong and doing well!

It's outrageous to think it started out as an online book store, now I pretty much utilise it for everything. 

13 minutes ago, David said:

Remember when people moaned about having to pay for Sky Sports?

Now you have to pay for Sky Sports, BT and Amazon to watch all the games.

I miss the Murdoch monopoly.

Blame Ofsted, Ofcom or some other blinking Of****. They said it was in the consumers interest to have competition. In reality it was to give the Prem and EFL more power to jack their rights prices up! Screw us consumers!

15 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Blame Ofsted, Ofcom or some other blinking Of****. They said it was in the consumers interest to have competition. In reality it was to give the Prem and EFL more power to jack their rights prices up! Screw us consumers!

It was the European Commission that forced the breakup of sports rights for Premier League. 

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Looks like amazon have won 20 games of rights (although only over 2 gameweeks... one midweek round and one bank holiday round) for the 2019/2020 season. Will be included in amazon prime.

128 games on sky sports

52 games on bt sports

and 20 games on amazon.

Looking forward to watching Frank's Derby on Amazon in a couple of seasons time ?

10 of Amazon's 20 games to be shown simultaneously on Boxing day. A first step towards every match being shown live if it works? 

Sky Sports PL & Sky Sports Football in SD £22pm

BT Sports in SD £28pm, in HD £35pm

Amazon Prime £8pm

Just £72pm, or around £90 in HD. Great competition that is.

Now you can get BT Sport if you’re with EE for a fiver a month but they block you from AirPlay/Chromecast unless you’re a BT Broadband subscriber. ?

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

And they wonder why people steal it from illegal streams....?

Tbh I think the streams are being policed much more than they used to be 5/10 years a go. They will go the same way as the film streaming sites.. the golden age of free everything on the net is disappearing. Legal music/film/tv streaming is much easier than it used to be.

4 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Tbh I think the streams are being policed much more than they used to be 5/10 years a go. They will go the same way as the film streaming sites.. the golden age of free everything on the net is disappearing. Legal music/film/tv streaming is much easier than it used to be.

It's a bad thing really, most people don't particularly want to steal, but when you could torrent an album for nothing or buy the CD for fifteen quid it was a no brainer, but now when it's fast easy and reasonable to get it digitally most people do that.

Amazon Prime has the benefit of being useful for a myriad of things. I have that, so I'll watch some of the games on there.

But generally, every Derby game is enough for me. There are cheap ways of getting short term access to Sky / BT sport for particularly big games, or (god forbid) other sporting events.

If your hellbent on watching a lot of sport in general you probably have to get either Sky or BTSport though - which is a shame. I'd recommend finding some other interests. 

7 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

10 of Amazon's 20 games to be shown simultaneously on Boxing day. A first step towards every match being shown live if it works? 

The genius of this is also how many people subscribe for December only for Christmas delivery. It’s a good way for Amazon to dip their toes in. 

Archived