Could we see Abramovic ruin Chelsea?

ram59

I've always feared that an owner, who has  'lent'  his club money could at any time spit out his dummy and demand his money back causing the club to fold. 

Owners like MM have given the money to their clubs, but an owner who has lent vast sums of money could pull the plug, if sufficiently upset with the club, fans or in this case country. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he does, Abramovic was one of the main catalysts of the buy the Premier League title regime that Man City have now stolen the mantle of. 

Even though I despise Leciester and Lineker I still have massive admiration for what Ranieri achieved. And he still got the sack the year after ludicrous. 

chelsea at the moment are a big asset. a football club is an asset that you need to maintain and manage well enough for it to keep its value (look at sunderland and coventry for heavens sake). Chelsea falling from top to even mid-table prem side would wipe a few hundred million off the value and wipe out loads of commercial revenue. Roman is a businessman and will make sure it stays that way, in or out the country.

On 01/06/2018 at 12:16, Inglorius said:

I hope he does, Abramovic was one of the main catalysts of the buy the Premier League title regime that Man City have now stolen the mantle of. 

Even though I despise Leciester and Lineker I still have massive admiration for what Ranieri achieved. And he still got the sack the year after ludicrous. 

If it wasn’t for Abramovich and City, the PL title would be like the Bundesliga - a closed shop with United outspending everyone else and winning it every year.

I really don’t see the hate for what Chelsea and City have done. By making the PL title race more competitive they’ve raised the profile of the league.

Nobody would be interested if it was a one-horse race.

And I also don’t understand this acceptance of United blowing everybody else out the water financially in the early days. Their own success is built on outspending the rest so them criticising City now is really hypocritical.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If it wasn’t for Abramovich and City, the PL title would be like the Bundesliga - a closed shop with United outspending everyone else and winning it every year.

I really don’t see the hate for what Chelsea and City have done. By making the PL title race more competitive they’ve raised the profile of the league.

Nobody would be interested if it was a one-horse race.

And I also don’t understand this acceptance of United blowing everybody else out the water financially in the early days. Their own success is built on outspending the rest so them criticising City now is really hypocritical.

United didnt really,  not in the early days, their most successful team was built around 'kids' as hanson famously said. Also you could argue the most influential signing was Cantona,  a snip even back then.

They have certainly made up for it lately though with less success.

On 01/06/2018 at 16:23, ram59 said:

I've always feared that an owner, who has  'lent'  his club money could at any time spit out his dummy and demand his money back causing the club to fold. 

Owners like MM have given the money to their clubs, but an owner who has lent vast sums of money could pull the plug, if sufficiently upset with the club, fans or in this case country. 

Well who actually owns Chelsea is it mr A or mr Putin 

On 02/06/2018 at 15:57, Gaspode said:

Heard someone on the radio saying that they've put their proposed ground redevelopment on hold - whether that's pending the visa issue being resolved or due to him losing interest is unclear.....

They were going to do a Spurs and spend a season at Wembley whilst it was being built.

If Wembley is sold and used for NFL then obviously this won’t be possible. 

Archived