Fast paced, forwarding thinking and attractive football

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Couldn't those same words be applied to Gary Rowett? Or didn't he say something similar? I have a version of what those words mean, but they could easily refer to something else.

All I remember about Rowett's early interviews was his obsession with Klopp's Dortmund and how they played without the ball

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Duracell said:

First priority will be signing an attacking midfielder then, as we don’t have one in the squad.

WHY DID WE LET THE SERPENT SELL WILL HUGHES?!

In fairness we do have; Bryson, Buttefield, Elsnik and Guy. We might need some extra quality but it's not the worst selection I've seen. 

On the second note I don't know. Personally I try not to think about because it's symptomatic of everything we've chucked away since for 14/15.

6 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

In fairness we do have; Bryson, Buttefield, Elsnik and Guy. We might need some extra quality but it's not the worst selection I've seen. 

On the second note I don't know. Personally I try not to think about because it's symptomatic of everything we've chucked away since for 14/15.

Timi Max has huge potential and the thought of learning off Frank must be making him and the rest of the young midfielders wishing pre season started tomorrow.

Just now, Beagle said:

Timi Max has huge potential and the thought off learning of Frank must be making him and the rest of the young midfielders wishing pre season started tomorrow.

Yeah he's the one I could really see kicking on and playing a part next season.

The title is missing the keyword Lampard used: Aggressive.

Sounds like my gamebook, hope he has the psychological eye for group dynamics and knows how to guide/lead the group through the demanding storming phase... we have stumbled to that every single season for ages now.

If he doesn't, hope he is humble enough to get someone to help who knows.

I always wish managers would explain it in a bit more detail.

This is something McClaren was good at, detailing how he believed third-man runs are what made his system so attractive, that he believed that upon regaining possession it was six passes that regained control, full-back games etcetera 

One thing I’m pretty certain of is that this ( lampard )  is not a manager that is going to be driven and burdened by fear of job security like so many are at the start of careers or develop into that to keep the safe stream of jobs comming ,,, this is a bloke with drive , ambition ,a proven winner all his playing career and you can tell that underneath the nice press conference talk that he want s to be the manager of teams that go out and rip other teams a new one ,,, this is no Gary Rowett ( no offence meant but they have different needs and drives ) 

boy have I got a good feeling about this incarnation of derby county ,,,, the world is watching and lampard will bust a gut to have them loving his derby team 

coyr 

7 minutes ago, archied said:

One thing I’m pretty certain of is that this ( lampard )  is not a manager that is going to be driven and burdened by fear of job security like so many are at the start of careers or develop into that to keep the safe stream of jobs comming ,,, this is a bloke with drive , ambition ,a proven winner all his playing career and you can tell that underneath the nice press conference talk that he want s to be the manager of teams that go out and rip other teams a new one ,,, this is no Gary Rowett ( no offence meant but they have different needs and drives ) 

boy have I got a good feeling about this incarnation of derby county ,,,, the world is watching and lampard will bust a gut to have them loving his derby team 

coyr 

hope you're right archied....hope first game is a home game ...so much more exciting already ....i would not have been looking forward to next season with blagger rowett in charge.....

1 minute ago, Saity said:

hope you're right archied....hope first game is a home game ...so much more exciting already ....i would not have been looking forward to next season with blagger rowett in charge.....

He’s gone mate ,, even those who backed him and would have given him next season ( myself included ) are in the main like a kid who’s found out he’s not getting the train set he asked for for Christmas but has then accidentally found the mother of all scalextric sets in the parents bedroom ready to be wrapped 

1 minute ago, Saity said:

I take it Rowetts backroom staff are all going ??

If they're going to Stoke why haven't they gone yet ??

They got a sniff it was Frankie boy comming in and were hoping to dump the snake and stay on?

Just now, Saity said:

I take it Rowetts backroom staff are all going ??

If they're going to Stoke why haven't they gone yet ??

I have no clue. I don't even know what any of them did during their time here. Wouldn't be surprised if Rowett sold them out tbh.

7 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

I have no clue. I don't even know what any of them did during their time here. Wouldn't be surprised if Rowett sold them out tbh.

Apparently the Snake has buggared off on his holidays without sorting out his backroom staff buddies.

8 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

just hope we don't have to pay them off, for them to walk into the Stoke training ground....that would be typical Rowett having a last laugh at us 

8 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We’ve got to remember this squad right now cannot play fast paced attacking football...unless we have three unproven youngsters who are going be instant stars next season.

It will take time. Let’s hope he gets it.

I believe Mel will now. Unless he's a disaster. Think fans will still be demanding top 6 though. Maybe not outright but criticism will start spreading if we are midtable whatever the developments made for the future seasons are like.

Archived