Fast paced, forwarding thinking and attractive football

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Couldn't those same words be applied to Gary Rowett? Or didn't he say something similar? I have a version of what those words mean, but they could easily refer to something else.

Similar but I think he dropped the line of being solid at the back as well. 

Also  Rowett had a nasty habit of saying one thing and doing another entirely.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Couldn't those same words be applied to Gary Rowett? Or didn't he say something similar? I have a version of what those words mean, but they could easily refer to something else.

I think he mentioned intensity and high pressing, cited Klopp as someone he admired. Didn’t quite come to fruition

also felt like Rowett turned his nose up at attractive football whenever it was mentioned to him

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Yes Roger talked the talk, but as we all found out that's all it was talk. 

Lets see if Frank can walk the walk shall we...

Fingers crossed it is. But that's with the ideal squad. As a player he could take pressure on the ball, he was attack minded and positive. Fearless.

As a manager though he will have to manage the players comfort.

No matter what he does Bradley Johnson isn't going to be ticking off neat one-twos on the edge of the box. Forsyth isn't going to be sliding the ball through a narrow opening with 90% accuracy.

I'm really excited by today and I like his vision. But building a team is one thing. Making an inherited team adapt is another. So many pitfalls. 

I think Clement has found this out the hard way. 

At the end of the day we still lack balance in the squad. There's a number of different style influenced players. I bet compared to what he's played with and against asking some of these lads to meet his demands will be like putting David Silva in goal. 

I hope people give him time. You hire a rookie and they learn on the job. You get naivety at times. 

I'm happy for that if he advances towards his vision. Will most Rams fans?

Just now, brady1993 said:

Similar but I think he dropped the line of being solid at the back as well. 

Also  Rowett had a nasty habit of saying one thing and doing another entirely.

Yeah, and he isn't the first manager to say that either. I still have memories of everybody saying Nigel Pearson was the perfect appointment and how we'll end up playing full-throttle football.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Fingers crossed it is. But that's with the ideal squad. As a player he could take pressure on the ball, he was attack minded and positive. Fearless.

No matter what he does Bradley Johnson isn't going to be ticking off neat one-twos on the edge of the box. Forsyth isn't going to be sliding the ball through a narrow opening with 90% accuracy.

I'm really excited by today and I like his vision. But building a team is one thing. Making an inherited team adapt is another. So many pitfalls. 

At the end of the day we still lack balance in the squad. There's a number of different style influenced players. I bet compared to what he's played with and against asking some of these lads to meet his demands will be like putting David Silva in goal. 

I hope people give him time. You hire a rookie and they learn on the job. You get naivety at times. 

I found it encouraging that he mentioned finding balance in the squad. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes Roger talked the talk, but as we all found out that's all it was talk. 

Lets see if Frank can walk the walk shall we...

Yeah but don’t forget Frank’s going to need about 2 years to get his own team in, unless of course it was only Rowett that’s allowed to be hampered by previous managers’ players.  ?

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies 

Aina*   Thorne   Guy       Da Silva*

Lawrence.    Palmer*

Martin          

Subs: Mitchell Lowe Pearce Huddlestone Thomas Jerome Weimann 

Or 

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Da Silva*

Thorne 

Guy.        Palmer*

Thomas    Martin.     Lawrence 

same subs as above but a young attacking player replacing Thomas. 

With 2/3 younger players from our academy or loans we could build on the solid foundations Of experience created this season. 

This might be a million miles away from our starting eleven in August but I can’t wait!! 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Yeah, and he isn't the first manager to say that either. I still have memories of everybody saying Nigel Pearson was the perfect appointment and how we'll end up playing full-throttle football.

Pearson's appointment is still the one I truly do not get but that's thankfully in the past. 

Lampard so far is giving a lot of encouraging indications from his interviews so far and it isn't unreasonable that as a former attacking midfielder he may be more inclined that he'd set us up to play through the midfield. 

At this point it's mostly conjecture but I can't help but be hopeful.

Just now, brady1993 said:

Pearson's appointment is still the one I truly do not get but that's thankfully in the past. 

Lampard so far is giving a lot of encouraging indications from his interviews so far and it isn't unreasonable that as a former attacking midfielder he may be more inclined that he'd set us up to play through the midfield. 

At this point it's mostly conjecture but I can't help but be hopeful.

First priority will be signing an attacking midfielder then, as we don’t have one in the squad.

WHY DID WE LET THE SERPENT SELL WILL HUGHES?!

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Spot on. Personally as long as we see a clear plan of what we are going to work towards this season and a semblance of the squad transitioning in a clear direction, I'm not too fussed where we finish because we will be better set up for following seasons. 

Archived