Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

CCEBB117-8FCA-4763-9C7D-3B420C94A83C.jpegHas he got two left feet then since Sir Frank arrived 

The relatively decent season he just had doesn’t mean he automatically fits into the squad and formations we will play this year. This isn’t difficult to comprehend surely?

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

The relatively decent season he just had doesn’t mean he automatically fits into the squad and formations we will play this year. This isn’t difficult to comprehend surely?

Oh dear oh dear he is surplus to requirements all of a sudden. 

Football experts I on here are so clever. 

Vydra is a quality goal scorer at this level - if Leeds want him they have to pay us what we want and they have to pay him what he wants because as it stands moving to Leeds is a sideways and possibly backwards move for him 

everybody should hold their nerve and a deal will happen and a few other clubs may take him on but if it doesn’t we end up with the leagues top goal scorer - it’s not like we are left with a blackman or a Jerome is it 

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

No, but he’ll have a square arse by next may 

Or score ten goals by January and he gets the move that’s better - desperate premiership clubs etc or we work out that he does actually fit in with all the other players

The same Vydra who only scored 3 in 31 league games for an attacking Reading team, the same team where Blackman looked like a world beater incidentally? 

Vydra’s  starting to annoy me a bit with his wage demands, he thinks he is better than he is. My worry is that if he stays, he will demand another contract and wages akin to what Leeds were prepared to pay, despite him not fitting into this team and may be a disruption. 

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Maybe he is demanding such wages because he is trying to maximise his earning ability. 

Wouldn’t we would all do the same particularly if we really aren’t arsed about the move in the first place. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

I would suggest that if the move was to the Premier League he would have compromised his stance to push the move through. 

Just a thought ??

Since you mention it, no, i wouldn't hang around where i am not wanted

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The same Vydra who only scored 3 in 31 league games for an attacking Reading team, the same team where Blackman looked like a world beater incidentally? 

Vydra’s  starting to annoy me a bit with his wage demands, he thinks he is better than he is. My worry is that if he stays, he will demand another contract and wages akin to what Leeds were prepared to pay, despite him not fitting into this team and may be a disruption. 

Would you take a cut in money if you were under no compunction to leave your current job. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

So you’re saying he’s on more than £40,000-£50,000 here currently then?

Not at all you said that not me. Was merely stating that if you're in no dire need to move jobs then why would you go for anything less then what you were earning currently if the role you were jumping to was with a similar employer.

Anyhows surely Vydra like many modern footballers use an agent to deal with pay negotiations and his agent presumably has advised him on what he should be able to achieve renumeration wise.

10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Would you take a cut in money if you were under no compunction to leave your current job. 

But will it be a 'cut'? Won't he be on a guarantee of more money as they're likely to give him 3 - 4 years of it.

1 minute ago, Rample said:

£30k a week max. 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Not at all you said that not me. Was merely stating that if you're in no dire need to move jobs then why would you go for anything less then what you were earning currently if the role you were jumping to was with a similar employer.

Anyhows surely Vydra like many modern footballers use an agent to deal with pay negotiations and his agent presumably has advised him on what he should be able to achieve renumeration wise.

Football’s and other sports are completely different to every day employment. It’s not as if he’s lived here all his life, he’s moved around plenty of times, we don’t owe him any loyalty and he doesn’t owe anything to us. And Leeds are reportedly offering £40,000-£50,000 a week to him so he wouldn’t be taking a cut in his wages, if anything at least a £10,000-£15,000 increase.

Archived