Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

4 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

When it said Abdominal issue I straight away assumed something similar to what I suffer with, IBD/Collitis type issue which are getting pretty common these days. I'm also convinced (may be wrong) that he has had time out before with the same excuse.

When quiet you forget you have it but when it flares up leaves you pretty well immobile when it comes to running.

I've gone from completing an Iron distance triathlon to being unable to cover 2 miles in the space of 3 weeks. 5 mins of running and I turn into a human muck spreader.!!!!

Darren Fletcher had a year out with similar.

I have Crohn's myself... hopefully it's not IBD related as some of the more advanced treatments have pretty significant side effects for a professional athlete! Either way all the best... nasty string of diseases!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Matt_DCFC said:

I have Crohn's myself... hopefully it's not IBD related as some of the more advanced treatments have pretty significant side effects for a professional athlete! Either way all the best... nasty string of diseases!

I had a curry last night and I think I might have the same problem 

Vyds, with the rest of today's forward line buzzing and ratting and rotating and looking so slick and skillful, would be an amazing prospect. Him, Lawrence, Wilson and Mount, with Josefzoon, Thomas, Bennett or even Nugent, Martin, Jerome waiting to come on, would strike terror into any Championship defence.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Vyds, with the rest of today's forward line buzzing and ratting and rotating and looking so slick and skillful, would be an amazing prospect. Him, Lawrence, Wilson and Mount, with Josefzoon, Thomas, Bennett or even Nugent, Martin, Jerome waiting to come on, would strike terror into any Championship defence.

The issue is can you see him doing that all game? Id love him to but I just see him doing it a couple of time before his head drops then goes missing for ths rest of the half.

51 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The issue is can you see him doing that all game? Id love him to but I just see him doing it a couple of time before his head drops then goes missing for ths rest of the half.

If he has scored a couple he can go off and let someone else get some in them circumstances 

But there’s no evidence to suggest that Vydra can perform in a front 3 featuring wingers though, poor at Derby under McClaren who tried everything with Vydra but it didn’t work, only scored 3 in 31 league games at Reading.

The only teams that Vydra has been successful in are teams where he doesn’t have to contribute anything in build up play , get involved with any pressing, or defensive work and his only responsibility is to score . Lampard seems to want his team to press from the front which would reduce Vydra’s effectiveness and would more likely result in the Vydra we saw under McClaren than what we saw last season.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But there’s no evidence to suggest that Vydra can perform in a front 3 featuring wingers though, poor at Derby under McClaren who tried everything with Vydra but it didn’t work, only scored 3 in 31 league games at Reading.

The only teams that Vydra has been successful in are teams where he doesn’t have to contribute anything in build up play , get involved with any pressing, or defensive work and his only responsibility is to score . Lampard seems to want his team to press from the front which would reduce Vydra’s effectiveness and would more likely result in the Vydra we saw under McClaren than what we saw last season.

We just don’t know though under a different manager and an emphasis on different things - we will need someone to put the ball in the net and Vydra does that very well and we own him already 

Just now, Sparkle said:

We just don’t know though under a different manager and an emphasis on different things - we will need someone to put the ball in the net and Vydra does that very well and we own him already 

He can score goals but he would need to contribute a whole lot more, which I can’t see him doing because he is a confidence player. We need someone who would contribute even if they weren’t scoring, which I can’t see Vydra doing. When we were at our best under McClaren, if Martin didn’t score , he contributed in other ways whereas Vydra doesn’t really do anything if he doesn’t score. Also, Vydra is half the player when he doesn’t have at least one other proper striker alongside him to do all of his donkey work for him. In this system I’d argue that he’d be the one who would need to be unselfish rather than the player to be selfish.

@brady1993 hit the nail on the head for me. McClaren felt that Bent, the same Bent who many criticised for being nothing but a poacher, could contribute far more than Vydra in things other than scoring. Has Vydra changed or adapted his game since then? Not for me. I’d rather sell Vydra and buy someone who would be more likely to fit the system rather than trying to squeeze Vydra into a system that he wouldn’t be comfortable in.

Cant see Leeds completing on the deal unless he is fit and playing. If he isn't going to be playing pre-season then we have a problem!!

Martin not so urgent as he will probably go somewhere on loan......QPR ?? And they can pickup all his wages instead of a ;loan fee..........

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

@brady1993 hit the nail on the head for me. McClaren felt that Bent, the same Bent who many criticised for being nothing but a poacher, could contribute far more than Vydra in things other than scoring. Has Vydra changed or adapted his game since then? Not for me. I’d rather sell Vydra and buy someone who would be more likely to fit the system rather than trying to squeeze Vydra into a system that he wouldn’t be comfortable in.

But Vydra WOULD fit this system. He’s quick, agile and has an eye to goal. With forward thinking midfielders who move the ball quickly Vydra would be in his element. 

On yesterdays evidence (ok it’s early days ) we don’t need any new signings.

we will also see that this seasons brings the likelyhood of wingers and midfielders scoring goals on a regular basis .. revaltion or what ! 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

But Vydra WOULD fit this system. He’s quick, agile and has an eye to goal. With forward thinking midfielders who move the ball quickly Vydra would be in his element. 

On yesterdays evidence (ok it’s early days ) we don’t need any new signings.

we will also see that this seasons brings the likelyhood of wingers and midfielders scoring goals on a regular basis .. revaltion or what ! 

Would he? Nugent didn't stop running all day long, and pressed everything. Can you honestly say Vydra would do that? I couldn't.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Would he? Nugent didn't stop running all day long, and pressed everything. Can you honestly say Vydra would do that? I couldn't.

Fair point but as well as the pressing I think the constant running off the ball is part of it and Vydra learned last season to drop deeper to get the ball. I think he has developed his game. But hey .. if he goes and we end with Marriott and a decent amount of change then ok. I just have a hankering to see such a quick front line but your point about high pressing is well made. 

Archived