Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Just starting to get round of keeping vyds  now. 

If I could pick the players to leave I think it would be Butterfield, Thorne, anya, Hanson, Nugent, Jerome, Pearce and Roos. With a few youngsters going on loan.

I also don’t think huddlestone will the lampard system and Maybe Ledley is the better option ? 

Love to see Derby sign another proven CM, CB, RB and a striker but not in the peak age of the career? 

Everyones opinons are different, and I doubt anything I said will become realistic 

Well,the good news is that contracts for Butterfield,Blackman,Pearce,Olsson,Johnson,Nugent and Jerome all expire next June!!

3 hours ago, thederbyram said:

Source? Or is this based on the Leeds stuff?

No itk or anything. Just feel like a few deals areined but waiting on his ability to pass a medical. 

I think Stoke or wba. I don't think Leeds will spend that much in total the next tw windows let alone 1 player. 

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

Well,the good news is that contracts for Butterfield,Blackman,Pearce,Olsson,Johnson,Nugent and Jerome all expire next June!!

Why is that good news ? We must have spent close on £20 million on that lot and will get back..... absolutely nothing. Mel must be clapping his hands with joy.

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

Assuming we are not daft enough to renew them ala Thorne and Forsyth. The quicker all these parasitic contracts expire the better. Not blaming the players, it’s not their fault. Nobody can blame them for taking what was on offer. It’s the people responsible for handing them out who have set the club back 3 years or more 

14 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Assuming we are not daft enough to renew them ala Thorne and Forsyth. The quicker all these parasitic contracts expire the better. Not blaming the players, it’s not their fault. Nobody can blame them for taking what was on offer. It’s the people responsible for handing them out who have set the club back 3 years or more 

JthGlgd.jpg

There is no need to panic yet as silly season as not started yet. This when the transfer window will be coming to a close and clubs will signing players permanently and on loan to fill deficits in there squads. 

We will hopefully be able to offload the majority of our unwanted players then.

36 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Why is that good news ? We must have spent close on £20 million on that lot and will get back..... absolutely nothing. Mel must be clapping his hands with joy.

Always two ways of looking at something! There’s the negative about what went wrong or the positive about what’s being put right.I’ll stick with the latter!

2 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Competition time - who’s been the best value in that lot ? - difficult isn’t it ! 

I will plum for Pearce then Olson Johnson nugent Jerome Butterfield Blackman - this is tough 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Competition time - who’s been the best value in that lot ? - difficult isn’t it ! 

I will plum for Pearce then Olson Johnson nugent Jerome Butterfield Blackman - this is tough 

Johnson has been the best of all those really. Nugent a close second but massively trailed off the season just gone. 

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Johnson has been the best of all those really. Nugent a close second but massively trailed off the season just gone. 

Yes I agree in playing time but £6 million and very large reported wage of £30,000 per week leaves a ? On value 

49 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Not far off I guess.

Another problem will be whatever RV we have to write off if we release them.

Under the old system we'd be looking at a circa £4m loss for FFP purposes, but now the club can value the players as they see fit I can't imagine it would be any less, and suspect it may be substantially more.

It may even see us offering extensions to players who we don't necessarily want to keep, just to kick the can down the road and keep us within allowable losses in this period.

On 09/07/2018 at 17:04, vidukasbox said:

Bigger club with the best manager in the league who will probably challenge more than Derby next season? I can see why he'd want to move.

Yeah mate this is going well for you isn't it ? Vyds asking for silly money so he doesn't have to go. Florian Jozefzoon rejecting you for us ? ? Going very well

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't we 'write them off' somehow?

You sound like Tony Soprano, perhaps a training ground incident involving a lawnmower, or a dodgy electrical cable while they're in the hot tub!

You could offset the losses on them against the profit on outgoings, but looking through the squad right now the most obvious profit generator is Vydra.

Beyond him, it's hard to see where a big enough fee would make the sale worthwhile FFP wise.

Archived