Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

All gone very quiet on the Vydra front, especially since that John Percy article.

Could this deal have died off in the background . . . ?

You’d think Leeds thought Derby needed a quick sale and they’d get him on the cheap, realised that they will have to pay more now and we are just sat back waiting 

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The Dirties thought we were ripe for the picking, £11m for the Goldenboot of 2017-18 do me a favour! Nice try but no cigar 

I thought they’d offered £8 mil and we wanted £11 mil plus?

For the price being touted, i'm amazed how little interest is being shown aside from Leeds.

10-12 is nowt to these sides coming down with the parachute money. Would surely be worth a pun to someone like Huddersfield, Burnley, Fulham.

Really surprised nobody has snapped him up, maybe he wants to stay here having finally found a club he's settled at.

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

For the price being touted, i'm amazed how little interest is being shown aside from Leeds.

10-12 is nowt to these sides coming down with the parachute money. Would surely be worth a pun to someone like Huddersfield, Burnley, Fulham.

Really surprised nobody has snapped him up, maybe he wants to stay here having finally found a club he's settled at.

I don't think it's that surprising. He's obviously a really good footballer on his day but not outstanding in anything, to me he seems like a technical niche of a striker. Good goalscorer when the circumstances are in his favour, very tidy on the ball but lacking in a lot of the area's you'd look at when looking for a striker. Or a certain type of striker. 

If he does go to Leeds we'll soon find out what they have signed him for and where they are going to deploy him. I think 11 million is fair purely because I think we paid too much for him at the time. If we'd had signed him for 5 or 6 we'd be a lot happier with the figure. Unfortunately for us there's not a ton of clubs looking to over pay for players.

Looking at recent striker departures in this division they all have an outstanding attribute which will put them at the top of their field. Target man - Chris Wood(16m). Pace - Andre Gray(12m), Afobe(12m), Assombolonga(17m). Would 11 million really be a poor figure for us? I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't think it's that surprising. He's obviously a really good footballer on his day but not outstanding in anything, to me he seems like a technical niche of a striker. Good goalscorer when the circumstances are in his favour, very tidy on the ball but lacking in a lot of the area's you'd look at when looking for a striker. Or a certain type of striker. 

If he does go to Leeds we'll soon find out what they have signed him for and where they are going to deploy him. I think 11 million is fair purely because I think we paid too much for him at the time. If we'd had signed him for 5 or 6 we'd be a lot happier with the figure. Unfortunately for us there's not a ton of clubs looking to over pay for players.

Looking at recent striker departures in this division they all have an outstanding attribute which will put them at the top of their field. Target man - Chris Wood(16m). Pace - Andre Gray(12m), Afobe(12m), Assombolonga(17m). Would 11 million really be a poor figure for us? I don't think so.

I agree that it's a fair figure. Everybody forgets the horrible season he had at Reading and he flopped with WBA in the prem. Also the fairly poor first season he had with us.

He's very one dimensional.

20 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Looking at recent striker departures in this division they all have an outstanding attribute which will put them at the top of their field. Target man - Chris Wood(16m). Pace - Andre Gray(12m), Afobe(12m), Assombolonga(17m).

Golden Boot - Vydra

Would 11 million really be a poor figure for us? I don't think so.

I do agree with a lot of what you say, but goals are the valuable part. And because of that I'd say he should come in the middle of that bunch - call it £14m. That's maybe a bit optimistic, but I'd hope for more than £11m.

Archived