Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

26 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I’m curious as to how and why one might pluck ones own hirsute posterior. But not so curious as to require actual details. 

I did once have my back waxed. Most painful thing ever. My tattoo was mild discomfort in comparison. 

I had my chest done, OMFGG, I could have cried all night long. I believe in trying everything once. It was my missus that got me to do it, she said it wouldnt hurt as much as it did. Afterwards I did think, how would she know if it hurt or not, she's never had the chuffer done. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko 7m7 minutes ago

Alan Nixon Retweeted Samuel

?

Clubs finalising figures.

Alan Nixon added,

Samuel

? @DCFCMiguel13

Replying to @reluctantnicko

Is the hold-up Derby, Leeds, or Vydra?

7 replies 0 retweets 5 likes

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

?

Alan Nixon added,

Samuel

? @DCFCMiguel13

Interesting to see the amount he will go for, no doubt we will just be told "undisclosed fee" as always.

19 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

?

Alan Nixon added,

Samuel

? @DCFCMiguel13

Pinching my tweet, there. ?

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I hope that once we sell we quickly announce the double signings of Marriott and Maddison followed by the loan signings of Abraham and Palmer.

That front line with the likes of Lawrence would be pure filth, must be talking well over 100 goals between them the last couple of years. 

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

That front line with the likes of Lawrence would be pure filth, must be talking well over 100 goals between them the last couple of years. 

I remember when we signed Darren Bent and Weimann and Tom Ince and I guessed at how many goals all our strikers would score in that season, it went like this:

Chris Martin - 20 goals

Tom Ince - 15 goals

Weimann - 20 goals

Bent - 25 goals

Russell - 10 goals

It proved I know nothing about football.

It's a strange feeling, but I'm sat here hoping to see us shift our top scorer.

I think the Vydra sale is pretty much key to any and all of Derby's transfer business this window. I want to see Lampard bring in his own players, and I don't see that happening unless we get in the proper funding.

It's nice to see the quality of players we've been linked with since Lampard's arrival too. The likes of Marriott, Bayliss and Maddison, as well as the potential loan signings of players like Abraham, Mount, Palmer and DaSilva, would no doubt improve us. But even loans have a significant cost, and I don't think we've got much room to spend right now.

I'm past the point of caring where he goes. Be it Leeds, WBA, wherever. As long as we get a decent, respectable fee in, I'm happy to say goodbye, and more importantly hello to some new signings! ?

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think the Vydra sale is pretty much key to any and all of Derby's transfer business this window. I want to see Lampard bring in his own players, and I don't see that happening unless we get in the proper funding.

It's nice to see the quality of players we've been linked with since Lampard's arrival too. The likes of Marriott, Bayliss and Maddison, as well as the potential loan signings of players like Abraham, Mount, Palmer and DaSilva, would no doubt improve us. But even loans have a significant cost, and I don't think we've got much room to spend right now.

I'm past the point of caring where he goes. Be it Leeds, WBA, wherever. As long as we get a decent, respectable fee in, I'm happy to say goodbye, and more importantly hello to some new signings! ?

I agree with you. I liked Vydra from day one. He was hugely willing early on even when Pearson played him virtually alone up front, but after a time you could see his frustration. He is a player who cares and really wants to perform. 

he had a torrid time after that and it took a long while for him to get his chance with GR and show his worth, which he did in style.

That early goal against Forest and a fair few others taken with the panache of a real striker. But players are more and more commodities these days so if we get a good return and build something better then I am right behind whatever decision is made. 

38 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I was gutted when we sold Kevin Wilson who was on fire and seemed our only goal threat, but Arthur Cox used the money to build the team he wanted and we never looked back. But Arthur was a canny manager with a lot of experience in putting teams together. Will Frank make the right picks?

35 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I was gutted when we sold Kevin Wilson who was on fire and seemed our only goal threat, but Arthur Cox used the money to build the team he wanted and we never looked back. But Arthur was a canny manager with a lot of experience in putting teams together. Will Frank make the right picks?

Spot on!

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

If we have sold weimann and bryson, and let baird shackle and bent go I'm not sure we would need to sell vydra, certainly wouldn't be desperate to do that.    

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

If we have sold weimann and bryson, and let baird shackle and bent go I'm not sure we would need to sell vydra, certainly wouldn't be desperate to do that.    

It would certainly help the wages, but we would still need funds from a Vydra sale to be able to buy players, imo. 

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Didn’t we get some from Huddersfield staying up out of the ince deal too ?

I don’t understand the glee with which some seem to thing offloading Vydra to Leeds I’d being felt by some on here. Just to get new players who might be a bit more ‘shiny’.

and while I’m at it... did anyone see that Harry Kane fall over all the time?  What a disgrace. Load of rubbish. Thank god we don’t have anyone like that. All he does is score goals and link up with midfield...

I think we should be very careful with our pruning of this squad and what we wish for.  Yes we have some deadwood but they’re not all rubbish or beyond redemption imo.

3 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

I don’t understand the glee with which some seem to thing offloading Vydra to Leeds I’d being felt by some on here. Just to get new players who might be a bit more ‘shiny’.

and while I’m at it... did anyone see that Harry Kane fall over all the time?  What a disgrace. Load of rubbish. Thank god we don’t have anyone like that. All he does is score goals and link up with midfield...

I think we should be very careful with our pruning of this squad and what we wish for.  Yes we have some deadwood but they’re not all rubbish or beyond redemption imo.

Our issues sit with the Blackman Anya Butterfield johnson combination of very poor expensive non playing signings 

4 hours ago, Agadirram said:

Spot on!

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

And super bobby Davison 

Archived