Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Blimey - and he hasn't walked out the door yet? Surely he can't be hanging on waiting for Mel's counter-offer ?

The person that told me this also said that Vydra was very reluctant to go to Leeds , but obviously money talks I presume.

75k though. That's massive. If that's true they better understand they have to build the system around him. That money for 16/17 Vydra would undo a decent chunk of the rebuilding they've done.

I know it's twitter BS, but I saw a guy saying he heard Vydra didn't really want to go and I kind of believe that would be the case. He had one of his best seasons here last season. Vydra is well liked here and Leeds is pretty unstable with now a crazy hot headed manager. Not sure i'd be keen unless the money was ridiculous.

Just now, SaintRam said:

75k though. That's massive. If that's true they better understand they have to build the system around him. That money for 16/17 Vydra would undo a decent chunk of the rebuilding they've done.

Come on, there's no chance he's going to be getting 75k a week, surely. John Terry, who everyone made a huge fuss over how much he was getting at Villa wasn't even getting that much and they had parachute payments to chuck around. I do think Vydra will be getting huge wages for this level, I estimate 40k - 50k which would be a good rise on the wages he's currently on, but 75k just can't be right

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Come on, there's no chance he's going to be getting 75k a week, surely. John Terry, who everyone made a huge fuss over how much he was getting at Villa wasn't even getting that much and they had parachute payments to chuck around. I do think Vydra will be getting huge wages for this level, I estimate 40k - 50k which would be a good rise on the wages he's currently on, but 75k just can't be right

He *is* the golden boot winner. 

The management at Leeds *are* mental.

They may have also increased their initial offer if Vydra was reluctant.

Not saying I believe it but it's not hugely unlikely.

4 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I know it's twitter BS, but I saw a guy saying he heard Vydra didn't really want to go and I kind of believe that would be the case. He had one of his best seasons here last season. Vydra is well liked here and Leeds is pretty unstable with now a crazy hot headed manager. Not sure i'd be keen unless the money was ridiculous.

I’d be happier (if he really must be sold) that didn’t go to Leeds. Also the £11m price must be an eye opener to other clubs around the lower half of the Prem  and some big clubs in the championship. 

I think we are fishing for further bites with the £11m figure. Let’s try and instigate a bidding war ??????

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Leeds paying £75k a week to Vydra? Has Ridsdale returned to ******* Road?

Mind, Seth Johnson has probably given MJ some tips on how to negotiate with that "basket case" of a club.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Apologies for going off topic.

Bad few days and the lack of activity kind of made me go on a tirade to liven it up a bit, won't happen again.

Anyway regarding Vydra's pending sale. I really hope we can pull off Abraham, he'd be one of the best strikers in this league without question. Him and Jerome would struggle in the same side, both are big 6ft forwards so I have no idea where it would leave CJ.

If not Abraham I wouldn't be against Grabban for 5 million. Scored in a poor Sunderland side, carried on the form with Villa. Can't see it if we are wanting to cut the wage bill though

That's going a bit too far isn't it? I'd be chuffed to bits if we got him, but I still wouldn't go further than a manly hug.?

7 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I promise I'll stop now... I just had a case of the Mondays yesterday and couldn't be bothered to do any work...

However it's possible you both have me on ignore and won't even get this message ?

Wasn't you

4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’d be happier (if he really must be sold) that didn’t go to Leeds. Also the £11m price must be an eye opener to other clubs around the lower half of the Prem  and some big clubs in the championship. 

I think we are fishing for further bites with the £11m figure. Let’s try and instigate a bidding war ??????

Do you mean like Leeds then?

What a crap run of clubs Vydra has had. Watford/ West Brom/ Reading/ Derby. He's going to absolutely love playing in front of a packed out Elland Road.

'Basket case of a club', that now has the best manager in the league, who's about to buy the top scorer in the league. Enjoy Fat Frank and Richard Keogh doing that daft 1000 yard stare after making his weekly blooper.

3 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

What a crap run of clubs Vydra has had. Watford/ West Brom/ Reading/ Derby. He's going to absolutely love playing in front of a packed out Elland Road.

Ha ha ha. Come back when you've paid for him.

6 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

'Basket case of a club', that now has the best manager in the league, who's about to buy the top scorer in the league. Enjoy Fat Frank and Richard Keogh doing that daft 1000 yard stare after making his weekly blooper.

Oh christ, one of the chimps found a keyboard again ?

Love his stare personally, gives him that edgy 'about to go off the rails' feel. 

2 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Him being probably the highest paid manager in the league doesn't make him the best. Nearing 30 years as a manager and he's managed 2 trophies, congratulations on such an incredible appointment.

Archived