Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

18 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It is annoying isn't it!

You'd think @David would have found a way of blanking out the quoted posts where the, what I can only assume is an ill-informed child, being quoted is on ignore!!

Hopefully, if enough people ignore Colonel ******* then nobody will be quoting him.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, rynny said:

Cause a relative of a former manager is gonna know what Mel does. And if it is a former manager from under Mel then the former should give it away. 

It's pretty friggin obvious Morris is very hands on with his role.

He was meant to be taking a backseat and now all of a sudden he's everywhere again, especially now Rush has gone.

I ain't a fan of going off topic, so I'll try and stick  Vydra in somewhere-  He is one of two, yes two signing under Morris since 2014 we've sold at a profit. The rest of the bigger fee's have been bloody awful purchases.

Why could we spot gems under Clough and his very amateurish scouting system, but now suddenly fail to find anyone without paying big bucks? Look at Ollie Watkins, another who got away for what? 1.5m? Madness we paid Leicester 6 or 7 for Lawrence.

22 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Goals are important, and should increase value, but people are overstating Vydra's value imo. 

James Maddison is being sold for £20m, but he was MOTM every other game. He bossed it. Vydra will never be worth that.
Goals are the only thing Vydra provided last season, he offers nothing else. So when he's not banging them in, like the season before, he's a waste. No player in that vein will ever be worth a huge sum unless their goal scoring record is something mad like 1:1.

Going for about the same fee as Bobby Reid is perfectly acceptable. I actually think Bobby Reid is a better player. I fully expect both deals to include potential add-ons too, so we'll likely profit further if Vydra does have a season like last.

Disagree to the point I thiink Vydra is a brilliant footballer and every bit as much a maker of goals as a taker of them. But the players around him have not been good enough to capitalize on those abilities. I don't think that should lower his value because in a better team he'd be a very significant boon. Because he didn't fit with the lesser quality of our players Rowett made the poor (IMO) decision often not to start him, which leads to a drop in value. If Vydra and Martin were together and both in form I think they would be the most devastating partnershop in the division, each making goals for the other as they both have great football brains.

Maddison is of course much more a Will Hughes type player, especially if our managers had player Will higher up the pitch where Watford do.

7 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He was meant to be taking a backseat and now all of a sudden he's everywhere again, especially now Rush has gone.

I ain't a fan of going off topic, so I'll try and stick  Vydra in somewhere-  He is one of two, yes two signing under Morris since 2014 we've sold at a profit. The rest of the bigger fee's have been bloody awful purchases.

Why could we spot gems under Clough and his very amateurish scouting system, but now suddenly fail to find anyone without paying big bucks? Look at Ollie Watkins, another who got away for what? 1.5m? Madness we paid Leicester 6 or 7 for Lawrence.

Well the problem with that little statistic is that it's wrong and also most of the signings since 2014 are still at the club. Since 2014 we've sold Albentosa, Christie, Shotton, Ince and soon to be Vydra for a profit on what they cost Mel. During that same period we made a loss on Shackell, Camara, and soon to be Weimann. The rest of the signings that involved a fee to purchase them are still at the club

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Well the problem with that little statistic is that it's wrong and also most of the signings since 2014 are still at the club. Since 2014 we've sold Albentosa, Christie, Shotton, Ince and soon to be Vydra for a profit on what they cost Mel. During that same period we made a loss on Shackell, Camara, and soon to be Weimann. The rest of the signings that involved a fee to purchase them are still at the club

I thought Weimann cost £2m so we will not have lost anything in terms of transfer fee. 

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

1916 posts and that's the most sensible thing you've said chap.

Unfortunately i'll still see your drivel when others quote you, but i'm willing to take the risk.

Chao.

I think “chao” is spelt “ciao”. Just sayin’ ?

29 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Aye I bet, basically in other words life is so boring that I'm you're only source of entertainment at this moment in time. Hence the reason why you keep viewing my profile (pretty bland eh) and replying to my ever so nasty posts.

I don't think your posts are nasty - misguided nonsense which barely make sense sometimes and with contrary lines clashing between posts - But I don't consider them nasty

And yes - I probably should be working but I've got a case of the Mondays today - Just can't be bothered - So this is a lot more amusing than trying to pretend to work in another way - I'm at a computer anyway

22 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Quite the opposite - He had a more backseat role when Rush was around - That's the point people are making - Rush was the decision maker and ran the place - Morris trusted him to do it well

Since Rush left Morris has got more involved

26 minutes ago, Papahet said:

We got a few gems and a LOT of bang average with Nigel - A couple of academy products in there too which is just about timing and luck as much as anything else - Investment proper wasn't made into the academy until 6/7 yrs ago and you wouldn't expect to see the rewards of that for a decade

Ollie Watkins? He looks okayish - Looks like a decent player for a mid-table side

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Disagree to the point I thiink Vydra is a brilliant footballer and every bit as much a maker of goals as a taker of them. But the players around him have not been good enough to capitalize on those abilities. I don't think that should lower his value because in a better team he'd be a very significant boon. Because he didn't fit with the lesser quality of our players Rowett made the poor (IMO) decision often not to start him, which leads to a drop in value. If Vydra and Martin were together and both in form I think they would be the most devastating partnershop in the division, each making goals for the other as they both have great football brains.

Maddison is of course much more a Will Hughes type player, especially if our managers had player Will higher up the pitch where Watford do.

Sorry Carl, don't agree with this.  If you remove goals from his game in that No 10 role you're left with very little contribution.  He's not a Mata, or a Hughes or Maddison.  He's all head down, and run.  Fair play to Rowett for getting so much out of him.  If he'd played so much, but only scored 5 all season, people would've been a lot more critical.  If Frankie wants to play a more expansive passing game, we'll need a more intelligent player than him behind the main striker...

Boro managed to get a profit on Cyrus just 6 months after signing from us and not being there first choice RB at the time. No idea the fee's for Albentosa, can't imagine we'd have got a profit for someone so eager to return to his homeland.

We have a ton of players on the books we'll make huge loses on, aging with no potential sell on/ not good enough. Blackman, Johnson, Butterfield, Anya, Nugent, Huddlestone = over 20 million quid right there in transfer fee's. That's nuts for a Championship club with zero parachute payments. Look at the mess Villa are in with them

Not even taken into consideration Lawrence, who doesn't look like living up to the hype - ofcourse I said this about Vydra has proven in another thread?

How can you get the wage bill down when you continue to renew contracts? Beggers belief.

7 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Boro managed to get a profit on Cyrus just 6 months after signing from us and not being there first choice RB at the time. No idea the fee's for Albentosa, can't imagine we'd have got a profit for someone so eager to return to his homeland.

Christie (Boro) signed for undisclosed fee - Sold for undisclosed fee

Albentosa (Derby) signed for undisclosed fee - Sold for undisclosed fee

There are rumours of the amounts involved and that we made a profit on the giant Spaniard - But nothing concrete

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

We have a ton of players on the books we'll make huge loses on, aging with no potential sell on/ not good enough. Blackman, Johnson, Butterfield, Anya, Nugent, Huddlestone = over 20 million quid right there in transfer fee's. That's nuts for a Championship club with zero parachute payments. Look at the mess Villa are in with them

I'll give you Butterfield in that list - But I don't think any of the others would have been signed we re-sale value in mind... They were/are all senior players who we were aiming to bring to their last club and have a good stint with us

It's really quite odd - You complain about selling Vydra for a profit - Yet also complain about signing players with no re-sale value

Do you want us to sell players or not?

11 minutes ago, Papahet said:

ofcourse I said this about Vydra has proven in another thread?

That doesn't make sense - As a sentence I mean

I don't think we ever built the whole team around Vydra last year anyway, just Rowett saw he wasn't good in a 433 and needed someone to work with (Nugent).

So 2 up or as an attacking midfielder means there's some set ups he won't suit.

If we went a way to building a team around any individual last season it was Huddlestone.

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Christie (Boro) signed for undisclosed fee - Sold for undisclosed fee

Albentosa (Derby) signed for undisclosed fee - Sold for undisclosed fee

There are rumours of the amounts involved and that we made a profit on the giant Spaniard - But nothing concrete

I'll give you Butterfield in that list - But I don't think any of the others would have been signed we re-sale value in mind... They were/are all senior players who we were aiming to bring to their last club and have a good stint with us

It's really quite odd - You complain about selling Vydra for a profit - Yet also complain about signing players with no re-sale value

Do you want us to sell players or not?

That doesn't make sense - As a sentence I mean

Look our transfer buisness under Morris has been dogshit. Sit at your little desktop on the windows 95 all you like trying to convince me otherwise.

Selling Vydra just to raise funds for Lampard shows how out of control the fees and wages have got.

Mel, Rush and Pearce all should be held responsible for that 33m bill on wages.

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Look our transfer buisness under Morris has been dogshit. Sit at your little desktop on the windows 95 all you like trying to convince me otherwise.

Selling Vydra just to raise funds for Lampard shows how out of control the fees and wages have got.

Tell Mel something he doesn't know! We splashed cash and now we're not.

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't think we ever built the whole team around Vydra last year anyway, just Rowett saw he wasn't good in a 433 and needed someone to work with (Nugent).

So 2 up or as an attacking midfielder means there's some set ups he won't suit.

If we went a way to building a team around any individual last season it was Huddlestone.

Very true regarding Huddlestone who is a fine player but he needs others of the right type around him or someone of similar quality to replace him

17 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Just shows how thick some of our fans are.only 12 -24 months ago people were telling mel to buy players etc,and how he doesn't back his managers.i agree they all hold a responsibility but it doesn't come out of your pocket so why the drama.the transfers under morris have all been down to the managers all he has done is gone with it and backed them thats why we are in this state.

There is a sports publication in the Czech Republic that has claimed that a deal for Vydra to join Leeds isn't imminent, but 'sources close to the player' have confirmed that it's likely that he will be on his way out of Derby. 

It definitely strikes that we are doing our absolute upmost to get a bidding war for him, unfortunately it seems like the other teams don't see him as a viable or good option for the money mentioned by Leeds already. If we can't drum up any other interest, we need to draw the line on who will be his replacement - if he is even going to have one, as we may change formation and what benefit we would get out of selling him. 

I'd personally say that this season just about makes up for us spending £8m on him. Do I expect him to do it again next season? No. I think his career on the whole has been inconsistent. The first season he scored 20 goals for Watford, he had a 5 game spell where he scored 10 goals. It must have been a great 5 game spell, but he then went 17 games scoring just the one immediately after. If we keep him, I would be surprised to see us have the chance to turn a profit on him again. 

I would also like the money to be spent on a player who can last the 90 minutes to full effect. Vydra must have be one of the most subbed players in world football at his age. He's only completed 54 games in English football & out of those 54 games there's only been 13 wins, which tells it's own story. He did the full 90 in seven games for us last season, winning only one. 

I'm just playing devils advocate here. I'd be happy to see Vydra stay for next season as he's definitely a good player, but I don't remain convinced that he's by any stretch a massive loss to the club. I actually think a hell of a lot more could be gained by the money he could bring in, providing its spent wisely. 

6 minutes ago, Ramet said:

Just shows how thick some of our fans are.only 12 -24 months ago people were telling mel to buy players etc,and how he doesn't back his managers.i agree they all hold a responsibility but it doesn't come out of your pocket so why the drama.the transfers under morris have all been down to the managers all he has done is gone with it and backed them thats why we are in this state.

Ok , Mel go and follow Claire Ince's advice and buy Kylian Mbappe please. He's young, scores for fun and looking more impressive at this world cup with each game.

Thank you

Ok ,,, attention seeker of the day award goes to paraphat,,, on tilt 

tip that may help others ,,,, you don’t need an ignore button to ignore somebody , you can debate with someone then reach a point where you just know it’s pointless as there’s no reasoning in their posts just negative angry drivel ,, at that point just ignore them and scan read through the topic to pick up anything of value ,, no offence paraphat,it’s your opinion and obviously very fiercely held ,, I respect your right to hold it but it’s all a bit ott for me 

Archived