Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't help but wonder if this is going to be an absolute disaster for us. I was under the impression that we needed to shift Vydra this summer for decent money in order to not get hit by a potential FFP problem. 

But then why would we go for Waghorn to replace him? I know the rumoured Waghorn fee is a good few million lower, but spending that much on him doesn't sound like the dealings of a club close to the FFP limit 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

But then why would we go for Waghorn to replace him? I know the rumoured Waghorn fee is a good few million lower, but spending that much on him doesn't sound like the dealings of a club close to the FFP limit 

Correct, Plus Marriott. 

8 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

MM said no significant investment. He said he takes FFP very seriously. The only people saying we HAVE to sell is people outside the club. Lets say worst comes to worst and we get hit by FFP. Is our fine going to be that bad ? Maybe we get a transfer embargo...we arent struggling for players right now. 

There are a range of options for FFP now including point deductions so it is still relevant 

10 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

See, I would think this, but with us very likely signing Evans for £1m after the news of Vydra deal off, it gives me the impression that eiter 1. We don't need to sell for FFP, just if we wanted to spend larger transfer fees for players (Waghorn)  2. We are still very confident in selling Vydra to someone or 3. We will be selling someone else (eg Lawrence) to get the money required

Or 4. We are actively choosing to disregard the rules of FFP in one last roll of the dice...

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

There are a range of options for FFP now including point deductions so it is still relevant 

If the other clubs haven't been given points deductions, QPR, Bournemouth, Forest etc. I highly doubt we will. 

27 minutes ago, Moist One said:

who is 4th choice striker? Vydra? How do you know this? Have you talked to Frank? Or is he YOUR 4th choice?

So where does he sit in the pecking order? On evidence I would say behind Nugent, Marriot and Bennett. IF we sign Waghorn, Vydra would be behind him, in fact we are trying to sell Vydra to buy Waghorn. 

Doesn’t  sound like he’s top of the list to me.  Would be lucky to make the bench. 

Do I think he could? Yes, but would need to work harder and get fitter than last year. Does Frank think he could? Doesn’t look like it but time will tell.

Just now, jimbobram said:

If the other clubs haven't been given points deductions, QPR, Bournemouth, Forest etc. I highly doubt we will. 

They were given punishments that were available at the time of the offence - there is a big difference - and yes they got away with it but we probably wouldn’t 

Who do you back ?? Lampard who clearly doesn’t see him in our plans or Vydra who clearly doesn’t really want to go unless suits him ???

players seem to have all the power nowadays and if he stays I don’t think is what Frank wants ..do fans in here seriously think if he stays it’s a good thing ??? Because It’s obvious he won’t play much ....Frank has probably made a decision on him a while ago and perhaps we need to respect that as he’s the manager trying to take us forward....

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

So where does he sit in the pecking order? On evidence I would say behind Nugent, Marriot and Bennett. IF we sign Waghorn, Vydra would be behind him, in fact we are trying to sell Vydra to buy Waghorn. 

What 'evidence' would that be? 

1 minute ago, Saity said:

Who do you back ?? Lampard who clearly doesn’t see him in our plans or Vydra who clearly doesn’t really want to go unless suits him ???

players seem to have all the power nowadays and if he stays I don’t think is what Frank wants ..do fans in here seriously think if he stays it’s a good thing ??? Because It’s obvious he won’t play much ....Frank has probably made a decision on him a while ago and perhaps we need to respect that as he’s the manager trying to take us forward....

Who says Lampard doesn't see him in his plans ? If he's been told from above that Vydra needs to go and theres been offers, tehres nothing he can do about it. Why would he not want last seasons top goalscorer. The deal broke down, If Vydra doesnt get a move anywhere, you can guarantee he will be back in back in the squad. 

Just now, Saity said:

On the other hand, Matej signed a contract in good faith, and the least we can do is honour it.

I'm not saying he's hard done to btw, or that footballers aren't aware of the tough side of the game when they enter it, but at the end of the day he's a human being, not a commodity, and as such is entitled to make decisions based on his best interests.

If Frank had made him central to his plans, then Matej started agitating for a move we'd all be calling him for his lack of loyalty after all.

8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

What 'evidence' would that be? 

The evidence that that Nuge and Bennett have played every preseason game. The evidence we’ve just bought Marriott as a striker and trying to buy Waghorn with the money we’d get for Vyds. 

Its pretty clear when you look

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The evidence that that Nuge and Bennett have played every preseason game. The evidence we’ve just bought Marriott as a striker and trying to buy Waghorn with the money we’d get for Vyds. 

Its pretty clear when you look

This was all done with the expectation vydra was going. If he doesn’t, he will be up there with Marriott and Nuge 

Assuming Vydra stays, the “book balancing” seems heavy on the ins over the outs.

I can’t imagine though we took the risk with the new purchases and season loans (that won’t have been cheap).... banking on selling Vydra. Can’t spend money before you have it kinda scenario. Bet Rowett is thinking “Mel you lieing bastar......”

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

If we were planning to sign Waghorn after Vydra left then we're not miles away from the FFP limit by the looks of things. Hopefully we can bring in Evans, get some of the fringe players out (easier said than done) like Jerome, Butterfield, Anya, Martin, Blackman etc. and hold onto our key players, then it will have been a bloody brilliant window

Best of luck to Frank choosing the front 3 from Vydra, Marriott, Nugent, Thomas, Bennett, Wilson, FloJo and Lawrence. Nice problem to have though

Totally obvious common sense to me,  CtR

Archived