Lampard too expensive?

Topram

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, archied said:

Lampard , Morris ,Avram Grant ,, ,,,,,, is poss mel has decided to say **** it , I’m gonna do a wolves and spend big on players ,get up and deal with fall out later ,,, it’s a thought ?

I'll preface this by stressing that I don't believe the following is true in the slightest, but wouldn't it be hilarious if Mel deliberately put out false rumours about being up against FFP and not wanting to invest just to induce Rowett to take the Stoke job so he could get rid of him without having to pay him off?

5 minutes ago, archied said:

Lampard , Morris ,Avram Grant ,, ,,,,,, is poss mel has decided to say **** it , I’m gonna do a wolves and spend big on players ,get up and deal with fall out later ,,, it’s a thought ?

Avram Grant would be tasty as DoF.  Are we all just deluded?

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'll preface this by stressing that I don't believe the following is true in the slightest, but wouldn't it be hilarious if Mel deliberately put out false rumours about being up against FFP and not wanting to invest just to induce Rowett to take the Stoke job so he could get rid of him without having to pay him off?

Shhhhh ? 

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Sheer brilliance given falling crowds ,split fanbase ,defence first football and probably growing certainty he had employed a snake in rowett 

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Mel is a shrewd businessman, I wouldn't put it past him.

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Ola Aina, Michael Hector, Izzy Brown, Matt Miazga, Tomas Kalas,  Lewis Baker, Mason Mount (one of the best), Charlton Musonda, Tammy Abraham and our old boy Kasey Palmer!

Lewis Baker I would sign in a heartbeat - Kalas I've seen and wasn't blown away by - Abraham is way out of sight these days for a championship club - Izzy Brown I heard good things about

Really not sure about appointing someone who doesn't even have a pro licence - Hasn't even started his coaching qualifications yet - If the rumoured set up is as people are suggesting his assistant and DOF would be more qualified for his job than him - And paying him mega bucks would be utterly daft - Rookie manager means pay packet should be small - Paying big for a rookie is immense kinds of stupid

Anyone else thought about Grant as Manager, Lampard as Asst, Jody Morris as First Team Coach? With the idea that Grant takes the reigns for a 1-2 years to ease Lampard in under no pressure? 

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Lewis Baker I would sign in a heartbeat - Kalas I've seen and wasn't blown away by - Abraham is way out of sight these days for a championship club - Izzy Brown I heard good things about

Really not sure about appointing someone who doesn't even have a pro licence - Hasn't even started his coaching qualifications yet - If the rumoured set up is as people are suggesting his assistant and DOF would be more qualified for his job than him - And paying him mega bucks would be utterly daft - Rookie manager means pay packet should be small - Paying big for a rookie is immense kinds of stupid

Anyone else thought about Grant as Manager, Lampard as Asst, Jody Morris as First Team Coach? With the idea that Grant takes the reigns for a 1-2 years to ease Lampard in under no pressure? 

Perhaps knowing him grant and Morris believe that badges or no badges he is very much up to it and want to work with him ,help him ,be part of a team with him 

1 minute ago, Aries Sun said:

@cheron: "Grant as Manager, Lampard as Asst, Jody Morris as First Team Coach"

That's the best of all propositions.

What is it about Avram Grant’s managerial career that you like the look of? 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avram_Grant

"Two months later, in September 2007, following the departure of José Mourinho, Grant was appointed manager of Chelsea. Despite steering the team into the Champions League final, the League Cup final and contesting the Premier League title to the last day."

He has necessary know-how.

5 minutes ago, archied said:

Perhaps knowing him grant and Morris believe that badges or no badges he is very much up to it and want to work with him ,help him ,be part of a team with him 

Possibly - I'm still not happy about appointing a complete rookie - But then I haven't been excited about a managerial appointment for my entire lifetime as a Derby fan so I have no expectation to be excited by the next one

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He has one... ?

4 minutes ago, Aries Sun said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avram_Grant

"Two months later, in September 2007, following the departure of José Mourinho, Grant was appointed manager of Chelsea. Despite steering the team into the Champions League final, the League Cup final and contesting the Premier League title to the last day."

He has necessary know-how.

Bottled it when things mattered... he'll fit in well here?

Stop it ffs I’ve just peed my pant here ,,, this is like watching the last ten minutes of a very exciting vital game

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bottled it when things mattered... he'll fit in well here?

Are you serious?

Playing in the Champions League final, the League Cup final and contesting the Premier League title to the last day is definitely a much bigger achievement in the football world than wining promotion to PL or playing in the Championship Play-Off final.

I'd say he reached the top in the football, he just didn't win any laurels for his achievements.

Archived