Blaming Rowett

DcfcJack

15 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Can’t say I dislike them as a team or feel any rivalry towards them - but I did say I hope he does well for them rather than I hope Stoke do well.

I don’t rate him as a manager but like him.

Nothing wrong in wishing somebody well.

I did like him !

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I did like him !

If you were put in the same situation (obviously only knowing what we know), what would you do?

The only strange thing is his association with the club, you’d think he’d want to be a success here more than anywhere. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Saturn5 said:

Amazing how Rowett has done a McLaren yet has more sympathy 

McLaren went to a Premiership club which was massive and happns to be "his" club

Rowett is furthering his career and enlarging his bank account

Blame ... Mel and Rowett in equal measure 

Mel for going through managers and allowing us to "stock pile" now worthless players 

GR for jumping ship after selling our assets and bring in dross 

Rowett and Mac different though. Mac only went to Newcastle after being sacked.

Sith Happens

Maybe Stoke have offered him a significant pay rise too. 

Most of us would quit our jobs for a new one doing the same thing for a big salary increase. 

Really dont see the big deal about stoke. Its not going to be easy for him there.. the best players shirqi butland etc will want to leave.. lots of players with the wrong attitude. I think a couple of players were told not to bother to turn up to training. Berhinho training withing u23s. Lots of players on big contracts not playing

I know he'll have money but that means nothing

I just hope they crash and burn!

At the moment I feel ashamed that I was backing him...

I was arguing with other posters trying to get them to give him more time, he will come good. I don't quite know how to take this news, I for one thought that he was the one to take the club forward, also saying that he was one of the most promising managers; yet he jumps ship as soon as.

I don't think I have ever felt so let down... 

2 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Think yourself lucky that you didn't have to bare Longson chucking out Cloughie, that was tough. ? Rowetts a no-mark save your regrets for a better manager mate.

2 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

At the moment I feel ashamed that I was backing him...

I was arguing with other posters trying to get them to give him more time, he will come good. I don't quite know how to take this news, I for one thought that he was the one to take the club forward, also saying that he was one of the most promising managers; yet he jumps ship as soon as.

That sums up my feelings as well mate , Gary spoke about bottlers after the Burton defeat , well hes bottled next season , took the easier option , how id love us to finish above Stoke next season , Goodbye Mr Rowett from a very let down Rams fan

I assume most of the people that are angry with Rowett would turn down more money for an easier job in their own personal lives? People that work in the industry of football are just people. They shouldn't be held to higher standards than everyone else simply by virtue of where they work.

People move between companies, jobs and careers all the time. Why are football managers and players pilloried for doing what everyone else does?

I was hired by my current company from a competitor. They offered me a cushier role and a better salary. Should I have turned it down?

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I assume most of the people that are angry with Rowett would turn down more money for an easier job in their own personal lives? People that work in the industry of football are just people. They shouldn't be held to higher standards than everyone else simply by virtue of where they work.

People move between companies, jobs and careers all the time. Why are football managers and players pilloried for doing what everyone else does?

I was hired by my current company from a competitor. They offered me a cushier role and a better salary. Should I have turned it down?

You’re not supposed to have reason and common sense on this issue.....  ?

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Unless you left a job half finished and thus left your employer in a worse state than they were in when you joined, I don’t think it’s really comparable. 

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Unless you left a job half finished and thus left your employer in a worse state than they were in when you joined, I don’t think it’s really comparable. 

So Rowett should have dismissed this opportunity for himself out of hand because he may or may not have been given the opportunity by Mel to see through his plan? As far as Rowett knows Mel could have sacked him 10 games in to the season. There is no stability in football, I don't blame the people working in it for taking opportunities as they come.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So Rowett should have dismissed this opportunity for himself out of hand because he may or may not have been given the opportunity by Mel to see through his plan? As far as Rowett knows Mel could have sacked him 10 games in to the season. There is no stability in football, I don't blame the people working in it for taking opportunities as they come.

I just think what he’s done is a big **** you to an owner who has placed enough trust in him to let him have entirely free reign on what goes on, and who backed him despite a run of form that included 4-1 and 3-1 losses to two truly terrible teams. His **** or bust strategy of last summer hasn’t worked and he’s pissed off as soon as there’s a sign of him having to take some responsibility for it and cut costs.

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I just think what he’s done is a big **** you to an owner who has placed enough trust in him to let him have entirely free reign on what goes on, and who backed him despite a run of form that included 4-1 and 3-1 losses to two truly terrible teams. His **** or bust strategy of last summer hasn’t worked and he’s pissed off as soon as there’s a sign of him having to take some responsibility for it and cut costs.

I agree. My gripe with Rowett isn't that he is leaving, it is that he didn't do a better job whilst he was here.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Don't get me wrong, I am not impressed that we are being left in this situation, but it's nothing personal. Gary is just looking after himself as anyone in his position probably would.

Yeah cos he wouldn't know where his next pair of trainers were coming from if we sacked him! It's not the leaving it's the manner of it, he really bigged up his love for the club and the job. But it's not as big as his love of money. 

Archived