Manager revolving door will keep happening

Curtains

We need to hire a manager with a long term plan who likes introducing youth to the team. Lets get a smaller name or unproven name who wants to play pressing, attacking play and let them build a team. Nows the right time, we have an ageing squad in a couple of seasons the squad could be a young established championship team pushing for the top, playing the right way.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way to stop the revolving door on managers is to give them two things - trust and time.

I honestly think there are many, many, perfectly decent football managers who have been sacked prematurely and the only thing people see is the sack.

I once had a manager who got totally control freaking involved and made life a pain rather than trust the staff and let the work happen.

Just take your foot off the throat of the manager Mel, give them the targets, budgets, leave them to it, and get involved only if things are seriously wrong. Letting Rowett go through and out of a dip was a good start.

A man who doesn't like criticism about his football philosophy has quit his job because of a few blokes on the internet to join a club where the fans criticised one of their most outstanding successful managers for winning games but providing boring football. 

Either Rowett is a ******* or the above isn't true and he just wants to join a club that he thinks is better positioned than this one. 

But with it being Stoke On Trent RFC I think it's possible he could still be a *******. Birmingham and Stoke? He'll be pitch side in a Burberry cap in August!

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Managers find it so difficult to work at DCFC 

Next one will have same problems. 

so its the clubs fault that Rowetts gone?lets look at the facts where MM is concerned Mac1 his appointment was widely welcomed by the fans most fans agreed over his sacking dues to Newcastle Gate. Enter Clements assistant at Real Madrid this again had the backing of most fans as did his sacking.Next Pearson utter disaster but how was MM to know he was dealing with a nutter  again not many fans disagreed with the dismissal.now Mac2 again welcomes back by the fans only for them to wanting him out after a series of bad results.

All this leads to one thing theres no longer any loyalty left in football

8 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

so its the clubs fault that Rowetts gone?lets look at the facts where MM is concerned Mac1 his appointment was widely welcomed by the fans most fans agreed over his sacking dues to Newcastle Gate. Enter Clements assistant at Real Madrid this again had the backing of most fans as did his sacking.Next Pearson utter disaster but how was MM to know he was dealing with a nutter  again not many fans disagreed with the dismissal.now Mac2 again welcomes back by the fans only for them to wanting him out after a series of bad results.

All this leads to one thing theres no longer any loyalty left in football

On that last sentence you are right. 

Just one thing Mel Morris is the sole employer of managers at DCFC. 

The buck stops with him. 

The buck stops with him. 

EVERY PERSON INVOLVED WITH THE CLUB AND THAT INCLUDES FANS SHOULD SOME LOYALTY TO THE CLUB

The buck stops with him. 

Rowett is leaving by choice?

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

EVERY PERSON INVOLVED WITH THE CLUB AND THAT INCLUDES FANS SHOULD SOME LOYALTY TO THE CLUB

Doesn’t work like that anymore.

Job satisfaction applies as it would in any job. 

If you want to move on you move on. 

Contracts are just a clause for compensation these days. 

The regular and frequent movement of Managers and players is now part of modern football.

Everything is money driven.. The pessure and need for instant sucess is enormous.

When an opportunity arises for someone to make more money  'old' values of club and fan loyalty quickly go out the window.

Everything is sucess driven one moment your flavor of the month next your out of work and nobody wants you. 

I know you’re hurt curtains cos you’ve spent hours defending him to the hilt recently but I don’t think Mel could have done anymore. Gave him a bumper deal to ward off interest in the winter and it hasn’t stopped him leaving us. Nothing to do with our club either it’s just who he is, see burton and brum...

Yes he didn’t like working at Derby I guess 

Honestly mate, he'll get criticism wherever he goes. The higher he goes the worse it will be. It's part of the job. 

You play crap and are successful then people criticise style.

Play with style and are unsuccessful then people call you a failure.

Play with style and are successful... then people want more. Won the Championship? Now stay up. Stayed up? Now establish yourself. Established? Now a cup. A cup? Now the league. The league? Now the Champions League. Lost? Now the league is the expected and the Champions League trophy is needed asap or else..

Criticism for every manager. You think Pep can afford to not win the CL for 5 years? The PL for 2? 

Right now Man City fans feel like lottery winners. But with some of them he has set the bar. Some of them won't put up with anything less. 

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I know you’re hurt curtains cos you’ve spent hours defending him to the hilt recently but I don’t think Mel could have done anymore. Gave him a bumper deal to ward off interest in the winter and it hasn’t stopped him leaving us. Nothing to do with our club either it’s just who he is, see burton and brum...

We move on now mate. 

Thats it really. 

I will still be supporting Derby whatever hoping for the best 

Archived