Manager revolving door will keep happening

Curtains

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, curtains said:

Managers find it so difficult to work at DCFC 

Next one will have same problems. 

Yes absolutely. We have a maverick chairman surrounded by sycophants. No environment for a credible manager to succeed.  

53 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes absolutely. We have a maverick chairman surrounded by sycophants. No environment for a credible manager to succeed.  

If thats the case why didnt he join them in January??? He states today he joined Stoke because he wants to manage in the Prem so instead of joining them while in the prem he prefers to join them now they are in the championship twisted logic aT IT BEST

7 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

If thats the case why didnt he join them in January??? He states today he joined Stoke because he wants to manage in the Prem so instead of joining them while in the prem he prefers to join them now they are in the championship twisted logic aT IT BEST

Simple answer to that. He didn't want to risk getting the word 'relegation' on his CV. Sensible decision. 

1 minute ago, europia said:

Simple answer to that. He didn't want to risk getting the word 'relegation' on his CV. Sensible decision. 

but if he was the great manager that he thinks he is wouldnt he have enjoyed the challenged rather than now trying to buy his way back

The word "relegated" on his CV shouldn't bother him if 

A) he backed himself to keep them up then it wouldn't be there at all

B) Pretty sure the devil is in the detail. Nobody is going to get his CV through the door and blame the whole season on Rowett

It's hilarious blaming fans and chairman. Look at what Birmingham City journalists are saying. He wanted this job while he was there!! And others. Is that their fans fault. What about Burton?

He left because he thinks it's a better job. Drop out his arse. He's overrated. What's he done that makes him such a credible manager that will be treated much better by Stoke fans? 

People talk about Mac being disloyal. He got sacked!! 

This negative "Klopp" blatantly jumps ship and it's 11 blokes on a message board and a chairman that gave him a new contract fault.

He left. Honest

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

People talk about Mac being disloyal. He got sacked!! 

This negative "Klopp" blatantly jumps ship and it's 11 blokes on a message board and a chairman that gave him a new contract fault.

He left. Honest

Heroes.

16 hours ago, Boycie said:Watford’s revolving door seems to work just fine.

Maybe our door is the problem?

Re boycie,

Come on mate u know they're the exception and not the rule 

for every successful revolving door club I can give u minimum 5 that arnt 

you say watford

i say, derby, forest, leeds, Wednesday and Norwich 

21 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

but if he was the great manager that he thinks he is wouldnt he have enjoyed the challenged rather than now trying to buy his way back

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Gary Rowett claiming to be a great manager. He may be one day, and to do that it will be a result of making sensible decisions along the way. 

4 minutes ago, europia said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Gary Rowett claiming to be a great manager. He may be one day, and to do that it will be a result of making sensible decisions along the way. 

How do you figure that's true then?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you figure that's true then?

Football management is not an exact science, but people learn by their experiences. I doesn't always end in success, but there are no guarantees in any walk of life. 

3 minutes ago, europia said:

Football management is not an exact science, but people learn by their experiences. I doesn't always end in success, but there are no guarantees in any walk of life. 

But sensible directions mostly have sensible endings. 

Qui audet adipiscitur

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But sensible directions mostly have sensible endings. 

Qui audet adipiscitur

Yes but it's football we are discussing, not a well drilled and disciplined operation like the SAS. 

Just now, europia said:

Yes but it's football we are discussing, not a well drilled and disciplined operation like the SAS. 

OK not the SAS (anyway)

An early statement of the idea is 'τοῖς τολμῶσιν ἡ τύχη ξύμφορος' - "fortune favours the bold". Not fortune favours the sensible. ?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

OK not the SAS (anyway)

An early statement of the idea is 'τοῖς τολμῶσιν ἡ τύχη ξύμφορος' - "fortune favours the bold". Not fortune favours the sensible. ?

Not sure it did Arsenal's defence much good?

46 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

irony

Ahh, Tommy. Do you remember you were once at our training ground and described Kubic as a cross between Duncan Edwards and Brian Robson. How I wished we could have got him at the time. You described the winger as a whippet , only faster.  

1 hour ago, ramblur said:

Ahh, Tommy. Do you remember you were once at our training ground and described Kubic as a cross between Duncan Edwards and Brian Robson. How I wished we could have got him at the time. You described the winger as a whippet , only faster.  

NOT GUILTY

Archived