Manager revolving door will keep happening

Curtains

1 minute ago, curtains said:

It’s a wish now 

Really think he’s the only one who can sort this mess out now. 

Curtains, I love you to bits, not in a gay way, but, Nigel Clough would send attendances into free fall.

Players wouldn’t respect his methods, his calling out of individual players is terrible, His man management skills couldn’t keep Burton up for another season.

But they beat us twice at their place I hear you say,

Youre right!  Come in Nigel! You’re time is up!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Is this one of those we should have stuck 2 fingers up to FFP because XYZ have and look where they are now, offered him the same transfer kitty as Stoke and he wouldn’t have gone topics?

My head hurts on that one .

No Gary was fed up with the criticism fact. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Stoke will be the winners on this .

Time will tell. 

Maybe they will, but it’s not our problem because regardless of what happens Gary LEFT, we didn’t sack him. Maybe we’ll appoint a new manager and do much better than them, because there’s plenty out there better than Gary.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Curtains, I love you to bits, not in a gay way, but, Nigel Clough would send attendances into free fall.

Players wouldn’t respect his methods, his calling out of individual players is terrible, His man management skills couldn’t keep Burton up for another season.

But they beat us twice at their place I hear you say,

Youre right!  Come in Nigel! You’re time is up!

Mate he really is the man now. 

I remember when he drove away from Pride Park in his hired van and thought great. 

I have changed my mind 

Whether he would come back well that’s another story. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I remember when he drove away from Pride Park in his hired van and thought great. 

I have changed my mind 

I love you in a gay way curtains

Just now, curtains said:

That’s not a fact, it’s an opinion.....unless he rocks up at Stoke’s training ground and tells the media his decision to leave was purely down to fans on the internet. Was only 2 games ago his name was being sung from the South Stand at full volume.

I didn't agree with most of the criticism online either, but if Rowett is to pursue a long career in football management, that’s something he will need to get used to and quick. Always going to be fans that know how to manage better with hindsight.

Just now, David said:

That’s not a fact, it’s an opinion.....unless he rocks up at Stoke’s training ground and tells the media his decision to leave was purely down to fans on the internet. Was only 2 games ago his name was being sung from the South Stand at full volume.

I didn't agree with most of the criticism online either, but if Rowett is to pursue a long career in football management, that’s something he will need to get used to and quick. Always going to be fans that know how to manage better with hindsight.

I have spoken to him mate and he didn’t like the criticism on football style. 

I asked him 

Well he’d better move out of the area cos his “solution “ to a bit of low level grumbling is going to quite rightly earn him pelters.

honestly curtains you don’t really believe this nonsense do you? The blokes a careerist is all. Mind - if he shrinks at criticism that should be 3 points in the bag when stoke come to pp?

I asked him 

You asked him if he liked criticism and he said “no”, wow what a shocker.

He also told you he was going to leave as the result of it as well did he ? 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

And Mac got sacked because of you. Both times. I got Pearson sacked. Can't remember who it was that got Clement sacked. 

Well I criticized Nigel and praised Clement and McCaren and I wish I hadn’t. 

How many managers have we had in this evolving door lol. 

I have changed my mind 

We can't keep trying to turn the clock back and hope.. Mac1, Mac2, Mac3, Clough1, Clough2. None are the answer. Morris fell into that trap with Mac2.

My feelings on Morris are well known and now is not the time for me to reiterate those. However, I do feel for him at the moment. The appointment of a manager is a lottery. No name guarantees success, it's a lottery. 

He needs to get the right man this time. If youth is the way forward then some of the names I have seen make me smile. 

I just hope he gets the right advice and listens to the right people. No massive statements of intent, just get on with the job. 

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

You asked him if he liked criticism and he said “no”, wow what a shocker.

He also told you he was going to leave as the result of it as well did he ? 

No it was after a forum at Pride Park and I asked him a pointed question about it. 

I also said you may regret sending some out on loan to which he answered I would rather that they get some football than not which is fair  

Easy job this management lark right  

2 minutes ago, David said:

Did he tell you that is the reason he is leaving?

It was after a forum at Pride Park in the Yard .

It was a question pointedly asking him if he got fed up with criticism on his style of play  

Leaving wasn’t mentioned we were 2nd in the League and he was still being criticized 

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

We can't keep trying to turn the clock back and hope.. Mac1, Mac2, Mac3, Clough1, Clough2. None are the answer. Morris fell into that trap with Mac2.

My feelings on Morris are well known and now is not the time for me to reiterate those. However, I do feel for him at the moment. The appointment of a manager is a lottery. No name guarantees success, it's a lottery. 

He needs to get the right man this time. If youth is the way forward then some of the names I have seen make me smile. 

I just hope he gets the right advice and listens to the right people. No massive statements of intent, just get on with the job. 

NC is brilliant with bringing young players through though. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I asked him 

because  it was crap.....Rams 1 Sunderland 4....embarrassing !!! throwing in the towel away to Wolves....embarrassing!!..........losing to Burton 3-1 ...embarrassing !!.....negative dull archaic un-imaginative football.....get over it Curtains , managers come and go ....

1 minute ago, Saity said:

because  it was crap.....Rams 1 Sunderland 4....embarrassing !!! throwing in the towel away to Wolves....embarrassing!!..........losing to Burton 3-1 ...embarrassing !!.....negative dull archaic un-imaginative football.....get over it Curtains , managers come and go ....

I’m already over it the battle is lost. 

Good luck Gary we move on I’m a Derby fan. 

PS We made top 6 despite Gary then ! 

Archived