Nick Blackman return?

BatRam

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Look i agree he isnt the best player thats why i stated back up player. Only reason I would keep him is because he is a low wage earner compared to the other 4. This allows money in wages to be freed to spend on 1st team players. Why pay big wages to 3 players warming a sub bench.  Vydra as I also agreed has been fantastic but will Derby turn down a lump sum offer I very much doubt it. We still need players to warm a subs bench I just dont want them being the highest earners. 

What makes you think he's a low earner? He was signed not long after Johnson and Butterfield, who most regard to be amongst our highest earners. We did appear to be splashing the cash at that stage.

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

What makes you think he's a low earner? He was signed not long after Johnson and Butterfield, who most regard to be amongst our highest earners. We did appear to be splashing the cash at that stage.

With my limited knowledge I believe he is a very big earner which is why he has to go but likley to cost us a fortune 

Derby County striker Nick Blackman tells Sky Sports' Nick Wright how a season on loan at Jordi Cruyff’s Maccabi Tel Aviv has broadened his horizons and improved him as a player and a person.

Full story: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11382226/nick-blackman-feeling-the-benefits-of-a-season-under-jordi-cruyff-at-maccabi-tel-aviv?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

28 minutes ago, David said:

Derby County striker Nick Blackman tells Sky Sports' Nick Wright how a season on loan at Jordi Cruyff’s Maccabi Tel Aviv has broadened his horizons and improved him as a player and a person.

Full story: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11382226/nick-blackman-feeling-the-benefits-of-a-season-under-jordi-cruyff-at-maccabi-tel-aviv?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Intresting read but at the end of the day I don’t think we can afford to keep him one way or another 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its about time we as a fan base acknowledge we no nothing and give some of these guys a chance. 

Yeah? and what do you know about it! ? 

3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It may be Vydra all over again, remember how much he has improved from the season before last.

Can lightning strike twice ??‍♂️????

Unfortunately Vydra always had quality and had previous for showing it blackman at best has a small bit of form but yes hopefully we could see that

4 hours ago, David said:

Great read.

Always wondered why he went there... seemed a bizarre loan

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its about time we as a fan base acknowledge we no nothing and give some of these guys a chance. 

Probably have no choice but to give Nick another chance. We won't be making many signings according to the chairman, so making do with what we have could be the order of the day. 

Anyone remember when Redknapp said Blackman was by far the best player in training during his time at Derby? He has really not had a chance due to the chopping and changing here...15/16 scored 13 in 28 at Reading.. signed by Clement who he played for in 5 games and 3 different positions in those 5 games! Wassall came in and used him as a sub predominantly....16/17 Pearson comes in starts him first couple of games, actually looks ok but then struggles with injuries and 2 more managers come in. 30 appearances at Derby in 2 seasons under 6 managers! I am all for giving him a chance... there is talent there

Archived