Nick Blackman return?

BatRam

Could Nick Blackman play a crucial role in next season ? with Rowett being told not to spend anything and sell everyone, Id say Nick Blackman would be a great player to keep. 

With 19apps 7goals 3 apps not too bad.

What do you guys think 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends who our manager is when the decisions are made and if anyone wants to buy him or pay a hefty loan fee, let’s assume Vydra gets sold while his stock is high it leaves us with an older Jerome and an older nugent and a Martin who has not been treated fairly by Derby over the last two seasons ( apart from his wages) and yes Mac QPR would want him but they wouldn’t pay a big fee for him so I think we are very short at centre forward as I can’t see any youngsters breaking through at that position 

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

That’s a bit harsh on Jerome tbf

I really hope we are not building next seasons attack around either Jerome or Blackman, god help us. Jerome had a good end to the season but I still not convinced he’s a 20 goal a season man. 

15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I really hope we are not building next seasons attack around either Jerome or Blackman, god help us. Jerome had a good end to the season but I still not convinced he’s a 20 goal a season man. 

No I completely agree, we’re very short up top. I think Wel sign Winnall but I doubt Hel be ready for the start of the season. That leaves Nuge and Jerome leading the line again which I don’t think is enough. Jerome is and has been a far better player that Blackman wcan ever dream of being though, sooner he is sold the better.

Blackman has had less minutes on the pitch than Jerome for Derby, wasn’t long ago he was written off as a footballer, don’t mind me sat here thinking he might actually be worth a chance in a more central role and not another Vydra out wide.

Think we'll see Nugent leave this summer, same with Vydra. All indications was that Blackman seemed to place best either up front or just behind the striker, both positions we'll be significantly weaker in next year. 

So it wouldn't surprise me to see him come back and play a role, probably be about on the same level of Weimann, not good enough for the Premier league but could do a decent job for a championship team 

2 hours ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

I should imagine up top he wouldn't be that dissimilar to Jerome.

NB for me lacks the skill and cognitive ability and composure to cut it in the championship. Sorry but that’s it for me. 

Archived