UP YOUR BUM

richinspain

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a bit of bleeing once, so got it checked out.. Picked a woman doc as a bloke having a poke around my jacksie was not happening. She turned out to be stunning, so I enjoyed the process ?

Ended up having to go to hospital for a proper BBC film crew up there which was not so nice but all clear. What pee'd me off was that although it was clear and no problems, I still had to declare it on certain health forms and that pushed premiums up. 

Seriously though, it was all no big deal and if you are concerned about anything, get it checked. 

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Had a bit of bleeing once, so got it checked out.. Picked a woman doc as a bloke having a poke around my jacksie was not happening. She turned out to be stunning, so I enjoyed the process ?

Ended up having to go to hospital for a proper BBC film crew up there which was not so nice but all clear. What pee'd me off was that although it was clear and no problems, I still had to declare it on certain health forms and that pushed premiums up

Seriously though, it was all no big deal and if you are concerned about anything, get it checked. 

Must have been eye-watering?

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Us blokes are notorious for ignoring things like this. My brother-in-law who is 55yrs old has just had a very lucky escape with prostrate cancer. He's quite a physically fit bloke, not an ounce of fat on him and a very keen cyclist. He went to the docs with what he thought was tendonitis in his elbow. Luckily the doc did a psa(I think thats what it's called) test  on him whilst he was there and found he had prostrate cancer that he'd felt no symptoms of. Luckily the cancer has been removed and he seems to be well on the road to recovery. So please don't ignore any symptoms you may have. You only get one shot at this life as far as I'm aware.

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Us blokes are notorious for ignoring things like this. My brother-in-law who is 55yrs old has just had a very lucky escape with prostrate cancer. He's quite a physically fit bloke, not an ounce of fat on him and a very keen cyclist. He went to the docs with what he thought was tendonitis in his elbow. Luckily the doc did a psa(I think thats what it's called) test  on him whilst he was there and found he had prostrate cancer that he'd felt no symptoms of. Luckily the cancer has been removed and he seems to be well on the road to recovery. So please don't ignore any symptoms you may have. You only get one shot at this life as far as I'm aware.

I'm wondering if there is a link between cycling and prostate cancer?

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Ended up having to go to hospital for a proper BBC film crew up there which was not so nice but all clear. What pee'd me off was that although it was clear and no problems, I still had to declare it on certain health forms and that pushed premiums up. 

I didn't know which finger the doctor was using because he had both of his hands on my shoulders at the time.

On a serious note, a mate of mine died from it three weeks ago aged 66. The last few months were not good.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Glad to hear he’s ok Steve. The worrying this is you can have no symptoms of prostate cancer at all. The best way to identify it at an early stage is to have your PSA count checked every year. Men over 50 should do this as standard - it’s a blood test and your local surgery will do it if you ask them.

I lost my dear old Dad to prostate cancer a few years ago - by the time they found it the cancer was all through his bones - so I now tell blokes at every opportunity to get this PSA test done. Do it chaps, could be a life saver!

I'm sure I read it somewhere that most men over 70 have prostate cancer when they die - just that for most, it's very slow growing and doesn't actually cause the death.

But yes, get checked out - Same for testicular cancer - though that can be more of a fun examination....if done right ?

Lost my dad to prostate cancer. He was diagnosed at 48 so prime example that it doesn't just hit the older lot.

Therefore please get checked just incase. I would give anything to have him still here ?. Really can happen to anyone no one else so far in 5 generations of the sims' have had cancer. 

I've had my prostate checked a number of times by having anything from a finger to a camera shoved where the thread title suggests. Thankfully no cancer detected only thing found was an enlarge prostate. Which means it'll now take someone longer to take the piss out of me.

2 hours ago, ketteringram said:

How often are you supposed to get checked? Anyone know? I'm 58. Had the check and blood test aged 54. All clear. But it killed my old man. So just wondering when to get re checked. Also concerning that the psa test doesn't seem to be accurate ?

I’m very much a layman but I think you’re supposed to get checked every year. If it’s been 4 years since your last test I’d get down there when you can. And sorry to hear about your dad mate.

20 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

There is a thought that male cyclists are going to be more at risk of prostrate cancer,if you are a keen cyclist and are 45 to 55 go for a check up.

17 hours ago, Kinder said:

Glad to hear he’s ok Steve. The worrying this is you can have no symptoms of prostate cancer at all. The best way to identify it at an early stage is to have your PSA count checked every year. Men over 50 should do this as standard - it’s a blood test and your local surgery will do it if you ask them.

I lost my dear old Dad to prostate cancer a few years ago - by the time they found it the cancer was all through his bones - so I now tell blokes at every opportunity to get this PSA test done. Do it chaps, could be a life saver!

Done here in Spain every 6months,blood test at the local medical centre,full analysis including PSA

Archived