Next season

loweman2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Let's see what personnel he brings in over the summer. 

He's made use of what he's had. 

Personally think the fact we've got to the play offs with our midfield and attacking options is a good achievement. 

The achievement isn't lost on me at all. He's been successful, and has absolutely exceeded expectation. Its just been horrendous to watch. 

Just now, wixman1884 said:

The achievement isn't lost on me at all. He's been successful, and has absolutely exceeded expectation. Its just been horrendous to watch. 

I agree mate. It hasn't been the best. 

I don't think you can lay the blame fully at Rowett's door for that though. 

I just think the personnel we have available are simply nowhere near good enough. 

He mentioned again tonight about the situations we get in and our use of the ball in the final 3rd is atrocious. 

That's cos the players aren't good enough.

Jerome has had a bit of a purple patch. But no. 

Nugent was signed 3 years too late. 

Weimann no end product at all. 

Lawrence been poor. (Not saying he's not good enough but next season is massive for him) 

Midfield is nothing. I love Huddlestone. His vision is fantastic. But he needs quality ball playing midfielders around him who can run with the ball. Feeding off strikers hold up play. We haven't got that option available. 

Would love someone like Bradley Dack in this team. 

Not sure if we could go back in for Lookman either. 

We've got 5 midfielders. 4 of them are holding midfielders and the other is Johnson. We have no threat from midfield at all.

Then the front 3 aren't good enough. 

Losing Winnall and missing out Lookman was a monumental blow.

A combination of decent quality loans, hungry players from the championship and L1 and academy players is likely to be the mix we need. Winnall seems like a good option.

A large number of players need to move on like Baird, bent, shackell, bryson, Martin, butterfield etc.

I think GR has done well on a limited budget. Moving others on may keep us competitive next season. Consistency is the key very little else matters. 

2 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

A combination of decent quality loans, hungry players from the championship and L1 and academy players is likely to be the mix we need. Winnall seems like a good option.

A large number of players need to move on like Baird, bent, shackell, bryson, Martin, butterfield etc.

I think GR has done well on a limited budget. Moving others on may keep us competitive next season. Consistency is the key very little else matters. 

Please, I’m still not ready for this yet 

(?)

I fully agree with the rest though!

Going to go against the majority here but Vydra should be sold for the right price this summer! Similarly to Hendrick going, his valuation will probably be at it’s highest now and worth cashing in on. Realistically we’ll get 15m for him, and in a 3-4-2-1 formation I don’t see him as being in the strongest 11! 

Just now, BottrillRAM said:

Going to go against the majority here but Vydra should be sold for the right price this summer! Similarly to Hendrick going, his valuation will probably be at it’s highest now and worth cashing in on. Realistically we’ll get 15m for him, and in a 3-4-2-1 formation I don’t see him as being in the strongest 11! 

Yeah lets keep selling our best players.

2 minutes ago, BottrillRAM said:

if he's not in our starting 11, and he's worth north of 15 mil, then yes we absolutely should sell him.

4 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Please tell me the academy players you refer too, everyone keeps saying it but in case you hadn’t noticed our academy is not of the quality of Man Utd or Chelsea’s, so please name me three who will add something to this team 

Just now, Shaftesbury st said:

Please tell me the academy players you refer too, everyone keeps saying it but in case you hadn’t noticed our academy is not of the quality of Man Utd or Chelsea’s, so please name me three who will add something to this team 

Elsnick, Thomas, Guy.

Just now, Shaftesbury st said:

Thomas on the bench possibly but the other two not good enough yet to make the impact we are requiring

Why aren't they? How do you know that they aren't? Guy has been good at two different league 1 clubs, and Elsnick was Swindon's best player. Derby just won't give them a try.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Everyone saying we need to move players on, it's just not very easy, especially with older players on big contracts. They have all the power. We're unlikely to see much movement in the summer. What you see is what you get.

Made even harder when some are given extended contracts, that with hindsight seem premature (no pun intended)

6 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Think that’s more than fair, what gets me is he’s been successful whilst making a fair few mistakes. Really hope he learns and adapts quicker to situations and tactics, he shows signs of flexibility but always a bit too late for me.

Reckon as Mels man he’s got at least  2 transfer windows, then plenty he inherited should be gone or with contracts that should be nearing an end. His team next season needs to be comfortably making the play offs and it would be nice to see more quality in the final third, because that’s were we are exposed against the better footballing teams, such as tonight.

Fail to make the play offs next year, it’s fair game for him to be questioned, specially if our playing style don’t improve and it’s as defensive as currently, for said it earlier, it wasn’t the defence tonight, keeping them to 2 goals wasn’t bad over 2 legs, more we were just lame quality wise and as an attacking threat - the shots on target don’t lie.

I have to say that watching the game, a few of the players probably weren't up to the tactics when we went behind.

Anya - unimposing.

Weimann - great athlete, looks shot as a footballer though.

Huddlestone - didn't have the energy to dictate play when we went behind. Consequently everything either went behind or lacked finesse.

Only Palmer looked like changing the game, but without a midfield there was nothing for him.

We really need to get some wide players in. I didn't really rate Russell for his last year, and by his own account he was bored, but we needed some of that tonight. Weimann and Anya just don't have enough.

If we could get some quality replacements for both we'd be in a much better place.

19 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree mate. It hasn't been the best. 

I don't think you can lay the blame fully at Rowett's door for that though. 

I disagree with that, strongly. 

Pearson & Rowett have seen the Derby possession game as a weakness and have tried to change it. McClaren got us playing football again before he was sacked for dropping out of the top six (despite taking us from the bottom six to the top six in the same season ?)

It's just the way he wants to play the game. It's the way he knows how to manage and it's been somewhat successful. When Clement was the manager here, we got beat 3-0 at home by his Birmingham side despite us having A LOT more of the ball. We're now that Birmingham side, or at least trying to play like that Birmingham side.

Archived