NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad that one game this weekend got to be interesting for you neutrals. 

Not been good on my heart at all, though. Need to be better v Rams.

Eagles really have been fantastic the last few years.

Not sure what the contract situations are like with their core (Jenkins, Cox etc) outside of the QB’s but hope this isn’t their last shot at the play/offs. Howie Roseman/Doug Pederson will be around for years though, so I expect they’ll be perennial contenders for a while.

I love watching them and Alshon in particular has been a fantasy hero for me two years in a row, so shame to see them go out to an interception like that.

Still, gotta love the Saints. Any better trio in the NFL than Brees, Kamara and Thomas? Hope they win it now, would be cool to see Brees ride off into the sunset with another Lombardi.

Turned off when they went ahead, couldn’t bare to see a smug Payton grinning away. 

Hope the Rams stuff them and afterwards wheel a table of money on to the pitch behind him, tap him on the shoulder as they set light to the wads of cash they could have won.

Odious little man.

2 hours ago, David said:

Turned off when they went ahead, couldn’t bare to see a smug Payton grinning away. 

Hope the Rams stuff them and afterwards wheel a table of money on to the pitch behind him, tap him on the shoulder as they set light to the wads of cash they could have won.

Odious little man.

Saw the picture of that, not sure why the moneys needed for motivation. Do the already millionaires not just want to win the trophy? 

I will be rooting for, in the following order...

Chiefs

Rams

saints 

although Vikings fans seem to hate the Saints for reasons I’m not to sure on, so maybe I should move them down a place.

Chiefs or Rams, not bothered to be honest, if that's not the final not sure I will watch. Patriots Saints final isn't one that I can stomach Maroon 5 for.

I don't have any hate in me for the Pats to be honest, not been around long enough, even though Bill has one of faces it's only a 5 on the Payton scale.

Making 3 out the last 4 Super Bowls though we need something different in there, I watched the year the Falcons blew it big time and the Eagles dismantling them, the Mahomes love in is new, hasn't gone stale like the Brady bunch.

I'd probably watch Cheifs Saints, just to see Payton lose though. SaintRam might feel like I'm just out to troll him, but I hope Payton moves to another team which I will transfer my dislike to and he will see that's not the case. If it wasn't for Payton they would be more adorable, even with the toilet roll embossed logo.

Interesting looking at the teams each remaining side beat and lost to in the regular season.

LA Rams beat the Chargers, Seahawks x2 & the Chiefs out of the teams they faced who finished in the play-offs. Losing to Bears, Saints & Eagles. 

Saints beat the Rams and the Eagles. Losing to Cowboys, Buccs & Panthers. 

Chiefs beat the Chargers. Losing to the Rams, Pats, Chargers (second game) & Seahawks. 

Patriots beat the Chiefs, Texans, Colts & Bears. Losing to Jags, Lions, Dolphins, Titans & Steelers. 

What stands out is that the Rams and Chiefs only lost to play-off teams in the regular season. Patriots joint with the Rams in the amount of PO teams they beat - 4 - but lost to five non PO teams. The Chiefs lost more regular season games against play-off teams than they won, which surprised me, but I didn't know too much about their schedule. 

I still fear the Saints more than any other team left, but the games next week have no clear favourite IMO. Rams vs Chiefs would be a final for the purist with two talented QBs going at it - admittedly, one significantly more talented than the other - but I fancy the owd boys to get their teams over the line with Pats playing Saints.

49 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Marcus Peters talks way too much trash for someone who’s been so average this season. I honestly don’t know what he expects he’s going to do with Michael Thomas when he can’t even keep up with the Cowboys receivers...

Something to look out for next weekend.

I think you're being generous, he's been poor. 

The biggest problem is that he's not smart enough to not try and make it about him. He'll either deliver a pick 6 or Thomas will make him look like an idiot. 

Peters was called out by Payton after the last game, mocking his ability to cover Thomas. He was right: Peters has been done for a number of big plays this season which has even seen him arguing with fans on the touchline. He's got a rancid attitude. I can see why he snapped back at Payton though. Luckily, and I can't stress this enough, Talib will be most likely covering Thomas this time round.

7 hours ago, David said:

Chiefs or Rams, not bothered to be honest, if that's not the final not sure I will watch. Patriots Saints final isn't one that I can stomach Maroon 5 for.

I don't have any hate in me for the Pats to be honest, not been around long enough, even though Bill has one of faces it's only a 5 on the Payton scale.

Making 3 out the last 4 Super Bowls though we need something different in there, I watched the year the Falcons blew it big time and the Eagles dismantling them, the Mahomes love in is new, hasn't gone stale like the Brady bunch.

I'd probably watch Cheifs Saints, just to see Payton lose though. SaintRam might feel like I'm just out to troll him, but I hope Payton moves to another team which I will transfer my dislike to and he will see that's not the case. If it wasn't for Payton they would be more adorable, even with the toilet roll embossed logo.

Tbh - I've watched the Saints for... 6 years or so now, and I've never watched a Sean Payton press conference. The only time I've heard him speak (outside of being mic'd up in an in-game environment) is in the very occasional interview on an NFL network show or something, and primarily in a documentary about the Saints SB winning season in 2009. 

I'm simply not that fussed about him, I've developed no opinion outside of what he does during a game, so I've no means to retort against someone saying they don't like him. I might not like him either ? 

On the field, I appreciate him, because he's a good play caller that's hyper aggressive and full of trick plays and that keeps me entertained. Beyond that I've nothing.

The city of New Orleans I'm sure are thankful to him, mainly for convincing Brees to join him at the franchise, and he's been here a long time. But he's fair game for criticism among Saints fans.
Drew Brees on the other hand, did have some better options on the table than a half-destroyed city and a team that had only ever won one game in the playoffs in their history, so he's a hero in NOLA and I, nor no-one there, would have a bad word said against him ? 

Have at Payton.

27 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Peters was called out by Payton after the last game, mocking his ability to cover Thomas. He was right: Peters has been done for a number of big plays this season which has even seen him arguing with fans on the touchline. He's got a rancid attitude. I can see why he snapped back at Payton though. Luckily, and I can't stress this enough, Talib will be most likely covering Thomas this time round.

If Peters gets burned by Ted Ginn Jr. or ? Keith Kirkwood, he's never going to live it down, after this media highlighting.

Hopefully no picks come his way. 

I'm looking forward to seeing Thomas v Aqib Talib. His matchups against good CBs are always entertaining, whoever comes out on top.

Well I discovered why Vikings fans hate the Saints. Accusations of deliberately trying to injure Brett Favre in the 2009 championship game, which lead to the uncovering of the “bountygate” scandal, where  Peyton and the DC at the time we’re offering players money if they could injure key players. Lead to both coaches getting a year suspension. Found this article on it that should endear Peyton to @David even more ??

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/saints-coach-sean-payton-suspended-for-2012-season-by-nfl

12 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Well I discovered why Vikings fans hate the Saints. Accusations of deliberately trying to injure Brett Favre in the 2009 championship game, which lead to the uncovering of the “bountygate” scandal, where  Peyton and the DC at the time we’re offering players money if they could injure key players. Lead to both coaches getting a year suspension. Found this article on it that should endear Peyton to @David even more ??

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/saints-coach-sean-payton-suspended-for-2012-season-by-nfl

Lovely chap he is, lovely.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Surprised you didn't know about bountygate ? 

"Bounties" were supposedly pretty commonplace back then (even though I think, if they were, its good that they were stopped), you only have to look up Favre and Kurt Warners comments on the scandal. 

In Payton's defense, if it was happening, he wasn't actually offering the money. It was Gregg Williams the DC. Payton was suspended because 1) the HC is responsible for the actions of other coaches and 2) he supposedly became aware of it happening later on (post-Favre) and failed to stop it. Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, but federal court overturned it.

It's actually quite a rabbit hole. The 7 top Saints players at the time swore under oath in federal court that Roger Goodell had his facts wrong, in fact denying there were any bounties at all. Which is pretty crazy. That's jailtime if proven to be lying, and they're mostly pretty religious folk in the NFL as im sure you've seen, so the oath on its own has some weight, especially when all you're really doing is trying to save a coaches job. 

Archived