NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, David said:

Ok, these Saints fans need to start having words with themselves ?

He owns car dealerships - of course he's mad.

Hilarious that those billboards are up throughout Atlanta though. I'm sure Atlanta residents will be grateful for the reminder, although they might not appreciate seeing Saints colours everywhere.

32 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He owns car dealerships - of course he's mad.

Hilarious that those billboards are up throughout Atlanta though. I'm sure Atlanta residents will be grateful for the reminder, although they might not appreciate seeing Saints colours everywhere.

Hilarious but sad at the same time, weirdly Payton of all has handled this defeat better than anyone. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

Hilarious but sad at the same time, weirdly Payton of all has handled this defeat better than anyone. 

Not sure its that weird.

He's clearly an unlikable guy, but he's a very experienced coach.

Also, the majority of Saints fans have responded to the loss by just switching off all things football until next year - at least according to my friends in NO. So there's no sensible Saints fan voices to counter act the lunatics buying billboards in Atlanta, or the weirdly desperate folk demanding a rescheduling of the game.

I imagine the viewing figures for the Superbowl in Louisiana will be low ? 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Not sure its that weird.

He's clearly an unlikable guy, but he's a very experienced coach.

Also, the majority of Saints fans have responded to the loss by just switching off all things football until next year - at least according to my friends in NO. So there's no sensible Saints fan voices to counter act the lunatics buying billboards in Atlanta, or demanding a rescheduling of the game.

You didn’t expect him to blow a fuse or two? The Sky studio did, what we got was a man close to tears, almost wanted to give him a hug....almost.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I imagine the viewing figures for the Superbowl in Louisiana will be low ? 

Probably all holding a march outside the NFL HQ demanding to be handed the Super Bowl win, throwing toilet rolls at the front doors with the Saints branding embossed on the sheets

1 minute ago, David said:

You didn’t expect him to blow a fuse or two? The Sky studio did, what we got was a man close to tears, almost wanted to give him a hug....almost.

I don't think I've ever seen Payton get angry at the outcome of a game - at least not in his press conferences. 

It has certainly opened my eyes to the fans of the sport, that's for sure. I have seen a lot of Viking fans rubbing salt into the wound due to Saints being on the end of a favourable call in 2009? I'm not entirely sure what the story is behind it, but I noticed they also had a sign up in Mn with 'cry me a river, New Orleans Saints'.

Steelers fans also had a similar no call against the Saints earlier in the season, is that right?

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Steelers fans also had a similar no call against the Saints earlier in the season, is that right?

Correct.

Steelers 28 - 24 Saints

Less than 2 minutes on the clock, 4th down Haden flagged for Pass Interference, worst call ever made in NFL history. (Badger alert)

Penalty led to a TD on the next play.

Steelers 28 - 31 Saints.

Steelers missed out in the play offs, but had we won this.....

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Swings and roundabouts. 

They got a PI call that wasn't, but they also didn't get a PI call that was. 

They all equal themselves out at the end of the day.. ??

Like most sports, you only remember the last bad call against you and not the ones which went your way. It’s just most fans don’t go buying billboards around the country to spread their saltiness and start online petitions to replay the game.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It has certainly opened my eyes to the fans of the sport, that's for sure. I have seen a lot of Viking fans rubbing salt into the wound due to Saints being on the end of a favourable call in 2009? I'm not entirely sure what the story is behind it, but I noticed they also had a sign up in Mn with 'cry me a river, New Orleans Saints'.

Brett Favre got hurt by the Saints in the NFC Championship game during the Saints first (of 3) "Bountygate" season; he didn't leave the game but he played the last quarter and OT a little banged up. That's where the hostility comes from. Mostly because that was the end of their Superbowl window as a roster, and they spent the next few years in mediocrity.

Although, at the time it happened there wasn't really any hostility. But once the bountygate stuff came out 2 years later they decided we were enemies for life ? 

P.I. calls have been awful all year. This has easily been the worst season for them in all the time I've watched the NFL and its culminated in one of the worst P.I. calls ever at an awful time with a huge audience. Hopefully that really pushes the whole topic into being reviewed by the committees in the off-season.

I would be less bothered (as a Saints fan) about the call v the Rams specifically if it wasn't also a clear helmet-to-helmet - which the league have also admitted. You can't, as the NFL, bang the drum over and over about player safety; throwing flags for defenders landing on QBs when they sack them - and have an official NOT throw a flag for a helmet-to-helmet hit on a defenceless receiver 5 yards away from him.

But - I'm talking objectively about the rules and how I think changes to need to be made in the NFL. I'm over the loss and see absolutely no reason to do anything more about it from competition perspective.

Official should be fired though.

1 hour ago, David said:

Like most sports, you only remember the last bad call against you and not the ones which went your way. It’s just most fans don’t go buying billboards around the country to spread their saltiness and start online petitions to replay the game.

While I offer no defense for the act of buying absurd billboards in another city,

When you're the type of fan who gets hung up on a bad decision, it doesn't help that the last bad decision ended your season. They've nothing to move on to until next year ? 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

@SaintRam has already covered the details. It’s safe to say all the Vikings fans I chat to and message boards etc.. took great delight in what happened to the Saints. They seem to be only behind the Packers in the teams we hate stakes, definitely above  the other 2 nfc north teams.

As saint alluded to, if every good team we’ve ever had didn’t blow it in the Super Bowl or championship game, it probably wouldn’t be as big an issue.

29 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

While I offer no defense for the act of buying absurd billboards in another city,

When you're the type of fan who gets hung up on a bad decision, it doesn't help that the last bad decision ended your season. They've nothing to move on to until next year ? 

And it’s a long bloody wait ?

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

B839B2AC-3FC9-491E-B87F-45AFF5D8009B.png

Is that the Saints down there with the Jets and Angry Birds? That could have been 2 if it wasn’t for that Pass Interference call....but then the Rams would have had 1st and goal had the helmet grab been called.

So I think it’s fair to say it could have been 2 had the Saints not bottled it big time ?

1 minute ago, David said:

Non Brees Saints should also be included if we’re removing players

What? 

The whole point of the image is how many Superbowl's Tom Brady specifically has been in.

The Patriots themselves have 11 - I just feel like the extra 2 should also be on the image.

Archived