NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football fans... This is seems to be the pressing questions: with both RBs fully fit, who would you rather have - Elliott or Gurley? 

I could also ask the question for the QBs - Goff or Prescott? 

I may be bias, but I think Goff is more consistent than Prescott even if he doesn't have the rushing ability and Gurley, for me, is a once in a generation talent. The previews seem to be centred around these matchups though. 

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Football fans... This is seems to be the pressing questions: with both RBs fully fit, who would you rather have - Elliott or Gurley? 

I may be bias, but I think Goff is more consistent than Prescott even if he doesn't have the rushing ability and Gurley, for me, is a once in a generation talent. The previews seem to be centred around these matchups though. 

Is this to settle an argument between you and @Mr Tibbs by a chance?

5 minutes ago, David said:

Is this to settle an argument between you and @Mr Tibbs by a chance?

Haha, no - I was listening to the Around the NFL podcast on the preview and they were debating both positions. I think all four are top players on their day, no doubting the RB, but Prescott has been shutdown in the last few weeks and that's never happened to Goff - even under Fisher.

Goff just gets rattled far too easily. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Definitely Goff over Dak....

id be happy to have either RB to be honest. Both are great.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

My bias solves nothing either. ?

Zeek for me. Rushing leader again in a pretty average team as far as teams in the PO's go. Second time in three seasons which is some achievement. Gurley's class so either way it's not a bad call. Zeek the better runner, Tod overall better player?

The Goff/Prescott comparison is an interesting one. If the stats I saw on the Cowboys subreddit are correct Dak has a better completion rate, more passing yards, more TD's, less INT's and obviously loads more rushing yards and rushing TD's. Goff was 1st pick, Prescott 4th overall. Yet to me Goff is a better QB. I know Goff had a mixed start with Keenum taking the reigns and being in a pretty poor team first time out but they're still pretty good numbers for Dak who at times is incredibly erratic. 10 games ago there was serious talk of us needing another QB with a lot of doubt surrounding his future but he's been really good for the most part since. For all his negatives, two play off appearances in three years is good going. 

I think Goff will have the better career but my man crush for Rayne Dakota is real. 

For what it's worth, I'm worried about our inability to stop the run and the Zeek. They will work to keep our offense off the pitch for as long as possible. I hope we get the ball first, hopefully, if we get a TD with our first drive then it will put the emphasis on the LOW SCORING Cowgirls. 

It's my first playoff game as a fan, so I'm obviously quite excited. Double Rams win this weekend would be a fantastic result! 

8 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

My bias solves nothing either. ?

Zeek for me. Rushing leader again in a pretty average team as far as teams in the PO's go. Second time in three seasons which is some achievement. Gurley's class so either way it's not a bad call. Zeek the better runner, Tod overall better player?

The Goff/Prescott comparison is an interesting one. If the stats I saw on the Cowboys subreddit are correct Dak has a better completion rate, more passing yards, more TD's, less INT's and obviously loads more rushing yards and rushing TD's. Goff was 1st pick, Prescott 4th overall. Yet to me Goff is a better QB. I know Goff had a mixed start with Keenum taking the reigns and being in a pretty poor team first time out but they're still pretty good numbers for Dak who at times is incredibly erratic. 10 games ago there was serious talk of us needing another QB with a lot of doubt surrounding his future but he's been really good for the most part since. For all his negatives, two play off appearances in three years is good going. 

I think Goff will have the better career but my man crush for Rayne Dakota is real. 

Only thing is Gurley has missed 2 games and played gimpy for (at least) 3 more. He'd had won the rushing title in a canter if fit. 

Not convinced about either QB but I'll take Goff at this stage.

Currwntly in downtown LA and you'd have zero clue a game was on tomorrow  the only Rams fan I've seen is the wife and no Cowgirls at all. Very surreal.

Gurley and Prescott for me. Goff is average at QB just looks good behind that OL and the weapons at his disposal are far superior than Prescott's. Give Prescott the same weapons and hr would fly past Goff in stats and figures. Anyone heard anymore on the likely ban facing Hunt, looking at getting him in my keeper league if I can.

21 hours ago, Ambitious said:

For what it's worth, I'm worried about our inability to stop the run and the Zeek. They will work to keep our offense off the pitch for as long as possible. I hope we get the ball first, hopefully, if we get a TD with our first drive then it will put the emphasis on the LOW SCORING Cowgirls. 

It's my first playoff game as a fan, so I'm obviously quite excited. Double Rams win this weekend would be a fantastic result! 

We SHOULD win... but then we should have won last season and just didn’t turn up... hoping defence turns up tonight. Also hoping for a decent start, go into the half with a big lead could be key. 

Really excited for tonight.

I'm delighted the Saints is the last game of the weekend. With Derby's performance last night, if the Saints had then played tonight and lost, Sunday would be a complete write-off

25 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm delighted the Saints is the last game of the weekend. With Derby's performance last night, if the Saints had then played tonight and lost, Sunday would be a complete write-off

Should be a great night of football. 

Have you seen the weather in Kansas?! Some lovely NFL conditions. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

That’s what I’m dreading! I’m going to stay up for the rams and if we lose I’ll be royally pissed off tomorrow! 

Archived