NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was absolutely bricking it through that game. Was a high quality game, but early in the 3rd quarter our DEF looked shattered- couldnt do anything about Big Ben and AB.

Stepped up big time in the last 3 drives tho.

The PI call that got us the first TD was complete garbage though, agreed. A dampener on the game. If that had been the other way around I'd have been livid.

11 hours ago, r4derby said:

The Raiders win the abslolute ‘what’s the point?’ Game. Only hurting their draft position. Giants might as well lose their last game and potentially get a top 5 selection (again)

From a franchise perspective, but almost every player contract is dependant on good performances and wins to make decent money (compared to other players; obviously they always msmake good money compared to the general pop.) - hard to persuade all the individuals to tank a game/season ?

I dont have any Saints gear. I might have to pick some up when I am there in Feb. Its all so damn expensive. 

But then, I bought Derbys home and away kit. Maybe I should just suck the price up.

6 hours ago, David said:

Is that the salute to service one?

Reckon we’ve all been talking about NFL too much ?

Yep, home Adult jerseys were sold out everywhere uk based, so alerted the missus to these ones when they went on sale to the same price as normal jerseys...they are usually an eye watering £125.

Even the hat was sold out everywhere online, but she managed to get hold of the last one at a pop up stall in Meadowhall. Didn’t think they’d be so hard to get hold of when I asked for them.

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I dont have any Saints gear. I might have to pick some up when I am there in Feb. Its all so damn expensive. 

But then, I bought Derbys home and away kit. Maybe I should just suck the price up.

Yeah  very pricey, hence why I put it on the Christmas list ?

8 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Yep, home Adult jerseys were sold out everywhere uk based, so alerted the missus to these ones when they went on sale to the same price as normal jerseys...they are usually an eye watering £125.

Even the hat was sold out everywhere online, but she managed to get hold of the last one at a pop up stall in Meadowhall. Didn’t think they’d be so hard to get hold of when I asked for them.

Wouldn’t have thought they stock much Vikings merchandise, not a huge demand for it over here with just the one fan.

Relaxing, ready to watch Teddy Bridgewater probably get crushed against an angry Panthers team, being protected by our B-team O-Line. Should be fun ?  

31 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

It would be nice to see Teddy play well.

He's doing OK - but the ability to do anything of note is greatly hindered when your only joined by 3 starters on Offense, but we are going for it on every 4th down to give him reps, even if we're in FG range, cos we dont care about the score.

Our DEF is also not calling any plays - we're just half-assing man coverage cos we werent able to rest any defenders and dont want them to get hurt.

Its actually quite bizarre to watch. Ive not watched a game with this circumstance before.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Little pound bet on. Just signed up to game pass for the week for the Steelers game later. Early games are a bit naff. 

69F1F274-F0DA-41AB-BC2C-01CE8A357A0A.png

Colts should win.

Ravens should win, but the Browns are a spoiler chance the way they’ve been playing.

Bears could depend a lot on what happens in the Rams game for competitiveness. Chicago could be pulling all their starters by half time.

edit - im not really bothering with the early games.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Relaxing, ready to watch Teddy Bridgewater probably get crushed against an angry Panthers team, being protected by our B-team O-Line. Should be fun ?  

Are you glad SP is resting players?

A lot of Rams fans blamed McVay doing that on our flat performance against Atlanta.

I'm on the fence and it's obviously impossible to know for sure, but on reflection, I wish we'd treated that 40er game like any other.

Obviously this year we have no choice, just hoping to eke out that 2nd seed.

Archived