NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Colts should win.

Ravens should win, but the Browns are a spoiler chance the way they’ve been playing.

Bears could depend a lot on what happens in the Rams game for competitiveness. Chicago could be pulling all their starters by half time.

edit - im not really bothering with the early games.

Baker Mayfield will rise to the occasion 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Are you glad SP is resting players?

A lot of Rams fans blamed McVay doing that on our flat performance against Atlanta.

I'm on the fence and it's obviously impossible to know for sure, but on reflection, I wish we'd treated that 40er game like any other.

Obviously this year we have no choice, just hoping to eke out that 2nd seed.

We played almost the whole season with only one real reciever due to injuries, and played the second half of the season with a heavily hurt O-Line. 

Most of the inactives are folks who've been hurt already this season who are important, Ted Ginn, Terron Armstead etc. and our 2 most important players, Brees and Kamara. 

I really don't have a problem with it.

Not only have we rested a bunch of players, but the players who are out are barely playing. We're 30-0 down and we're only trying to force passes to Mike Thomas so he can break the record ? - not trying to score.

EDIT: Mike Thomas finally broke the record, so we immediately threw it to someone else for a TD to get everyone off the field ? 

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Nobody bottles quite like the Vikings ?

Bears are no mugs though, that was always going to be a tricky game.

Bengals, seriously? Pretty sure turn it around in the second half as that’s Steelers for you.

Ravens doing the business though so none of it matters now 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Bears are no mugs though, that was always going to be a tricky game.

Bengals, seriously? Pretty sure turn it around in the second half as that’s Steelers for you.

Ravens doing the business though so none of it matters now 

26 offensive yards so far though, dire whoever you’re playing.

I'm surprised with the Vikings score, honestly thought a good Rams start would slow the Bears down. I like Cousins, but they put up a stat regarding his record vs teams with a winning record & it's not good at all! 

Big games for Mayfield & Mahomes in the late KOs. Mayfield will have to do a lot to push Barkley for the ROTY, especially after his performance earlier today. Mahomes doing all he can to win MVP. Donald still 2 sacks away from matching the record, with the 49ers putting at least two men, sometimes three, on him. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I'm surprised with the Vikings score, honestly thought a good Rams start would slow the Bears down. I like Cousins, but they put up a stat regarding his record vs teams with a winning record & it's not good at all! 

Big games for Mayfield & Mahomes in the late KOs. Mayfield will have to do a lot to push Barkley for the ROTY, especially after his performance earlier today. Mahomes doing all he can to win MVP. Donald still 2 sacks away from matching the record, with the 49ers putting at least two men, sometimes three, on him. 

I'm worried to death about Goff, he looks a shell of the player he was.

The only thing I can put my finger on is that although the Oline is playing the run well, they are not giving him anything like the time he has been getting to go through his progression on the pass.

He looks spooked. reminds me of when Jim Everett took such a battering over a few months with the 'phantom sack against the 9ers, and he never got his mojo back again.

So much of this game (like many pro sports) is mental.

Next weeks games should be very good. It will be interesting to see how a resurgent Eagles stand against the Bears. I'm hopeful that they can keep it going as I don't want the Rams playing the Bears again. I would rather take Cowboys or Seahawks. I can't split that game at all. 

In the AFC, Colts and Texans should be a great game, two sides that have turned their season on its head in a big way to get there in the first place. The only one I would be confident in predicting is the Chargers to beat the Ravens at home. 

I'll go for the following: Bears, Seahawks, Chargers & Colts. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Next weeks games should be very good. It will be interesting to see how a resurgent Eagles stand against the Bears. I'm hopeful that they can keep it going as I don't want the Rams playing the Bears again. I would rather take Cowboys or Seahawks. I can't split that game at all. 

In the AFC, Colts and Texans should be a great game, two sides that have turned their season on its head in a big way to get there in the first place. The only one I would be confident in predicting is the Chargers to beat the Ravens at home. 

I'll go for the following: Bears, Seahawks, Chargers & Colts. 

I hope the Colts beat the Texans, so we have a shot at Chargers@Chiefs in the AFC Championship game.

In the NFC, I hope the Eagles beat the Bears too - cos I'd much rather play the Eagles than the Seahawks or Cowboys, but I don't think its likely.

I'm expecting the same as you in the 4 who progress, which would see a really tasty divisional round. Colts@Chiefs, Chargers@Patriots, Seahawks@Saints & Bears@Rams are all incredible looking games.

Think the Eagles will beat the Bears as long as Foles plays, they’ve got enough weapons to cause the Bears problems, whilst the Bears are looking a bit thin on the ground offensively, as long as Philly don’t give away any defensive touchdowns on interceptions/fumbles they will just edge it. Will be close though.

also think the Ravens will beat the Chargers. Agree on the Colts & the seahawks.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Think the Eagles will beat the Bears as long as Foles plays, they’ve got enough weapons to cause the Bears problems, whilst the Bears are looking a bit thin on the ground offensively, as long as Philly don’t give away any defensive touchdowns on interceptions/fumbles they will just edge it. Will be close though.

also think the Ravens will beat the Chargers. Agree on the Colts & the seahawks.

Tbf though, if any team manages to avoid giving away defensive touchdowns to the Bears they'll probably win. Defensive touchdowns are like half the Bears total points.

Archived