Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Ordering your food shopping online well in advance for christmas for delivery today, only to receive a text this morning apologising for numerous key ingredients missing.

Great - looks like a trip to the supermarket afterall.

The use of the word "disinterested". Many posters on this forum use it thinking it's synonymous with "uninterested". It isn't. Disinterested means impartial,  like an umpire. 

And just to complicate matters the noun for "disinterested" is "disinterestedness" but the noun for "uninterested" is "disinterest"  :(

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

People that do not understand that Asda, Sainsbury's, Tesco et al, are only closed for one day...

The fact that shops are only closed for one day! In a shop today the girl on the till said she's working till 6pm today and back again Boxing Day. It's mad, is a couple of days break too much for people!?

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

The fact that shops are only closed for one day! In a shop today the girl on the till said she's working till 6pm today and back again Boxing Day. It's mad, is a couple of days break too much for people!?

Greed, people expect to eat a weeks worth of food tomorrow and they go out and restock the day after, bugger planning or common sense.

31 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

People that say prison is a easy life..... feel free to commit a jail term worthy crime people..... then come out and say it. 

I hope it isn't easy...I hope its hell enough to prevent those that commit crimes worthy of a jail term don't do it again.

53 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I hope it isn't easy...I hope its hell enough to prevent those that commit crimes worthy of a jail term don't do it again.

I also hope people get rehabilitated and encouraged to think life is better than life of crime. Got to want it though. 

18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I also hope people get rehabilitated and encouraged to think life is better than life of crime. Got to want it though. 

Agree, it should be a balance. 

Going to midnight mass on Christmas Eve,  coming out after to find another attendee has reversed their car into yours then driven off without a note or anything. My first Christmas present of the day!

You would think someone who has just been to church would stay to sort things out. Hopefully cctv gives me a number plate. 

Four billion.

Heard news today that approximately £4,000,000,000,000 was to be spent by shoppers on boxing day alone. Was sat there thinking how the hell can 10,000,000 people spend an average of £400,000 each? Can't be that many Russian Oligarchs going out in Knightsbridge today?

Didn't realise we'd started using the U.S version of a billion by default.

Still, an average of £400 each seems a touch excessive.

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Four billion.

Heard news today that approximately £4,000,000,000,000 was to be spent by shoppers on boxing day alone. Was sat there thinking how the hell can 10,000,000 people spend an average of £400,000 each? Can't be that many Russian Oligarchs going out in Knightsbridge today?

Didn't realise we'd started using the U.S version of a billion by default.

Still, an average of £400 each seems a touch excessive.

NEXT opened at 6am in the INTU...6am? People reported to have been waiting before 4am? Seriously what do next sell that i dont know about? and how much cheaper do they sell stuff for?

I just really dont get it....

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

NEXT opened at 6am in the INTU...6am? People reported to have been waiting before 4am? Seriously what do next sell that i dont know about? and how much cheaper do they sell stuff for?

I just really dont get it....

I was up until the small hours Christmas day wrapping (no not like Eminem :p) and the telly was full of adverts about sales starting Christmas day.

You can't even have time to enjoy one thing when the next is forced in your face through media.

Be Valentines next week.

The human brain hasn't evolved quick enough to deal with the insane pace of modern life. Stress. It will consume many more of us as we continually strive for stuff we don't even need.

Go for a walk. Turn your phones off and give your head some space is my advice.

We used to live a simple life not so long ago and we need to go back to elements of that in order to avoid burnout and to refocus on what really matters.

7 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I was up until the small hours Christmas day wrapping (no not like Eminem :p) and the telly was full of adverts about sales starting Christmas day.

You can't even have time to enjoy one thing when the next is forced in your face through media.

Be Valentines next week.

The human brain hasn't evolved quick enough to deal with the insane pace of modern life. Stress. It will consume many more of us as we continually strive for stuff we don't even need.

Go for a walk. Turn your phones off and give your head some space is my advice.

We used to live a simple life not so long ago and we need to go back to elements of that in order to avoid burnout and to refocus on what really matters.

For me people rushing off to the sales isnt as much about what hey need, more about what they think they might be missing out on.

And I think that proves the point with what you mention about phones, how annoying is it if you are talking to someone, their phone pings so they just read the text/take the call, whatever...hang on a minute you were talking to me can you not wait until after to check the message, it will still be there. But they dont because they are programmed to start wondering what that text is about and have to look, then spend ages answering it.

"2016 is terrible because so many celebrities have passed away."

No. The advent of television, film, and mass media in general in the early to mid part of the 20th century simply means there are more old famous people than ever before. Celebrities and public figures will continue to die at a similar rate in the future because time doesn't care if you've been on the telly or not.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

For me people rushing off to the sales isnt as much about what hey need, more about what they think they might be missing out on.

And I think that proves the point with what you mention about phones, how annoying is it if you are talking to someone, their phone pings so they just read the text/take the call, whatever...hang on a minute you were talking to me can you not wait until after to check the message, it will still be there. But they dont because they are programmed to start wondering what that text is about and have to look, then spend ages answering it.

Mobile phones are useful - of course they are but for too many people (particularly amongst the young), their lives totally revolve around them and in that respect, it's a sad indictment of modern society. For many, their mobile has become a sixth digit, they can't go anywhere without the blessed thing clutched tightly in their hand.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Mobile phones are useful - of course they are but for too many people (particularly amongst the young), their lives totally revolve around them and in that respect, it's a sad indictment of modern society. For many, their mobile has become a sixth digit, they can't go anywhere without the blessed thing clutched tightly in their hand.

The sad thing is its not just the young....middle aged people are addicted too, cant wait to check their text or check facebook to see what pointless thing someone has posted.

I hate when i see people giving more importance to their phone than the human being they are interacting with in person.