Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I did just that once and got bollocked by the person in the shop for "driving off without paying".

and me....got told they cannot release the pump anyway until i had paid...not sure how true.

On 10/22/2016 at 08:50, Angry Ram said:

You do supermarket shopping??? Internet bruv, let some college dude worry about where the soap is this week.

Random things that annoy me.... Blokes who shop :p

B******s online grocery shopping.  The missus has done it a couple of times and each time we were lucky to get half of the stuff we asked for.  Fair enough if stuffs not there but if I were at the shelves I'd never have picked half the stuff they sent instead.  Plus we got tired of them sticking a tin of beans and a tube of toothpaste in one bag...

5 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

B******s online grocery shopping.  The missus has done it a couple of times and each time we were lucky to get half of the stuff we asked for.  Fair enough if stuffs not there but if I were at the shelves I'd never have picked half the stuff they sent instead.  Plus we got tired of them sticking a tin of beans and a tube of toothpaste in one bag...

See you have let yourself down there :).. 'The missus has done it a couple of times'.. She has probably ordered wrong, the internet is for blokes only and for shopping in emergency situations only...

Seriously, never had a problem.  Yes some things changed but never buy fresh on line.

40 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

We use Sainsburys and Ocado & have found them both to be pretty good, to be honest. Sainsburys you can stop them from sending any substitutes if you want. Not sure if you can do that with Ocado but they email you well in advance to tell you if something's not available.

We pretty much get everything online now except for some types of fruit.

42 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

See you have let yourself down there :).. 'The missus has done it a couple of times'.. She has probably ordered wrong, the internet is for blokes only and for shopping in emergency situations only...

Seriously, never had a problem.  Yes some things changed but never buy fresh on line.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

We use Sainsburys and Ocado & have found them both to be pretty good, to be honest. Sainsburys you can stop them from sending any substitutes if you want. Not sure if you can do that with Ocado but they email you well in advance to tell you if something's not available.

We pretty much get everything online now except for some types of fruit.

I'd rather do it myself.  I'm there at 8am Saturday mornings before the knuckle-draggers are even contemplating getting out of bed.  I get what's on the list, and only what's on the list.  I'm home by 8:45.  

If I were to leave it to the Mrs she'd swan in after lunch and the price of the shop would be double...

12 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Those who pull up at the first pump when the second is free...

Ah, now, at Sainsburys in Leicester, there are about 36 pumps, 6 rows with 3 pumps each side. Out of those, there are only 2 pumps in total which sell the higher grade unleaded, should you want it.

Needless to say, these are the the ones at the back, i.e. the first ones you come to, so if you want this stuff, you by necessity prevent anyone getting past you to the other 2 pumps.

Probably designed by a woman.

11 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Men in the gym changing rooms who are a bit too uninhibited.

I'm no prude but sometimes I swear it feels like I'm an extra in some soft flick.

On a similar topic, people who come and stand right next to you when you're having a wee in the urinal. I thought there was an unwritten rule and there must be at least 1 gap space?

32 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Not sure why but I've always hated music videos. In recent years a musician / band selling their wares has become more about how cool the video looks than actually how good the song is.

Music is for LISTENING not watching.

Agreed - and at its extreme, I've sat and watched those stunning OK Go videos over the years and been mightily impressed. Could I hum you a single tune of theirs, or even tell you the song names? Nope...

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

On a similar topic, people who come and stand right next to you when you're having a wee in the urinal. I thought there was an unwritten rule and there must be at least 1 gap space?

Indeed....

Toiletiquette: The Unwritten Rules Of The Men’s Public Toilets

By : Alex Bentley | 17/02/15

3.5k Shares

Men’s toilets can be a confusing place. There are some scary smells and questionable stains. But there are some unwritten rules that sometimes get overlooked. Don’t break them.

We’ve all got several public toilet related anecdotes. You don’t want to feature in anybody else’s.

Which urinal do you use?

If the room is empty, this is an easy one. You use the one at the far end. If you are second in, you use the one on the opposite end. That’s just how it is. If both are taken, you use one in the middle, but not next to one of the lads who got there before you. If there is no urinal left that isn’t directly next to somebody, you may opt to go in a cubicle.

Obviously you leave the door wide open if you do that so that nobody else tries to go in. If you absolutely HAVE to go, and need to use a urinal right next to somebody, then the following rule becomes extra important.

Avoid eye contact, and no talking.

You look straight ahead as much as possible. If you DO look at another lad when they walk in, be careful where your eyes aim. Don’t check out their trainers, your eyes must not go low. And keep quiet. Don’t be that bell end that talks in there. Announcing your entrance with a **** joke like “Wooo! So THIS is where all the ***** hang out!” will not make you popular.

Do you wash your hands?

Yes, if somebody else is in there. Otherwise, only if you’ve got wee on them. Don’t pretend you wash them every time, you don’t and that’s okay.

Don’t whistle or sing.

You’re not at home. Whistling is annoying as ****. And CERTAINLY don’t if you are in the cubicle having a poo. That is just extra weird.

Don’t text at the urinal.

You don’t want to get wee on your phone. And it’s also sod’s law that you’ll drop it. Plus it’s kind of weird to text your mates while touching your knob. This rule does not apply in a cubicle though. Using your phone while having a poo is absolutely essential.

Don’t unzip until you’re stood at the urinal.

This should be obvious, but wait until you’re at the urinal to get your tool out. Any earlier is just odd. Similarly, put it away before you turn around. It is optional, but preferred if you can sort your flies and belt out before you turn around. But definitely no willy in the open area of the bogs. Absolutely never.

Use the mirror sparingly.

You’re not a girl. You don’t have time for it. A quick glance to check that your hair doesn’t look like a burst sofa is fine. But don’t spend ages in there styling it, you will look like a muppet. Don’t check out your gym progress, and definitely don’t pop spots in there either. It’s grim.

There are some other things to remember that don’t require any explanations…

The phone number that is given on the back of the cubicle door offering BJs, probably isn’t an attractive woman. Or a woman at all.

If you enter a cubicle and it’s unflushed and full, leave it that way and use a different cubicle.

If you MUST spit a big greeny, make sure it’s in the urinal, not on the wall. Don’t be that guy.

Always check there is toilet roll before you sit down. It’s not like you can shout your housemate from downstairs.

DON’T SPLASH YOUR OWN OR ANYONE ELSE’S TRAINERS.

Don’t try to make friends with everyone in there. In and out. Let the girls spend half their night in the toilets talking to strangers.

4 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Not sure why but I've always hated music videos. In recent years a musician / band selling their wares has become more about how cool the video looks than actually how good the song is.

Music is for LISTENING not watching.

Sort of get that, but considering the amount of music channels on sky i think a lot disagree.

Blokes in company vans driving whilst using their mobiles.

I then get a photo of them and the reg plate and report them if possible.

Normally I wouldn't bother but the very fact that they are driving a van owned by the people that keep a roof over their heads and they don't even attempt to hide their phones belies belief. No person THAT stupid should be in employment let alone be allowed on our roads.

Some people are unfathomable. :(

8 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Indeed....

Toiletiquette: The Unwritten Rules Of The Men’s Public Toilets

By : Alex Bentley | 17/02/15

3.5k Shares

Men’s toilets can be a confusing place. There are some scary smells and questionable stains. But there are some unwritten rules that sometimes get overlooked. Don’t break them.

We’ve all got several public toilet related anecdotes. You don’t want to feature in anybody else’s.

Which urinal do you use?

If the room is empty, this is an easy one. You use the one at the far end. If you are second in, you use the one on the opposite end. That’s just how it is. If both are taken, you use one in the middle, but not next to one of the lads who got there before you. If there is no urinal left that isn’t directly next to somebody, you may opt to go in a cubicle.

Obviously you leave the door wide open if you do that so that nobody else tries to go in. If you absolutely HAVE to go, and need to use a urinal right next to somebody, then the following rule becomes extra important.

Avoid eye contact, and no talking.

You look straight ahead as much as possible. If you DO look at another lad when they walk in, be careful where your eyes aim. Don’t check out their trainers, your eyes must not go low. And keep quiet. Don’t be that bell end that talks in there. Announcing your entrance with a **** joke like “Wooo! So THIS is where all the ***** hang out!” will not make you popular.

Do you wash your hands?

Yes, if somebody else is in there. Otherwise, only if you’ve got wee on them. Don’t pretend you wash them every time, you don’t and that’s okay.

Don’t whistle or sing.

You’re not at home. Whistling is annoying as ****. And CERTAINLY don’t if you are in the cubicle having a poo. That is just extra weird.

Don’t text at the urinal.

You don’t want to get wee on your phone. And it’s also sod’s law that you’ll drop it. Plus it’s kind of weird to text your mates while touching your knob. This rule does not apply in a cubicle though. Using your phone while having a poo is absolutely essential.

Don’t unzip until you’re stood at the urinal.

This should be obvious, but wait until you’re at the urinal to get your tool out. Any earlier is just odd. Similarly, put it away before you turn around. It is optional, but preferred if you can sort your flies and belt out before you turn around. But definitely no willy in the open area of the bogs. Absolutely never.

Use the mirror sparingly.

You’re not a girl. You don’t have time for it. A quick glance to check that your hair doesn’t look like a burst sofa is fine. But don’t spend ages in there styling it, you will look like a muppet. Don’t check out your gym progress, and definitely don’t pop spots in there either. It’s grim.

There are some other things to remember that don’t require any explanations…

The phone number that is given on the back of the cubicle door offering BJs, probably isn’t an attractive woman. Or a woman at all.

If you enter a cubicle and it’s unflushed and full, leave it that way and use a different cubicle.

If you MUST spit a big greeny, make sure it’s in the urinal, not on the wall. Don’t be that guy.

Always check there is toilet roll before you sit down. It’s not like you can shout your housemate from downstairs.

DON’T SPLASH YOUR OWN OR ANYONE ELSE’S TRAINERS.

Don’t try to make friends with everyone in there. In and out. Let the girls spend half their night in the toilets talking to strangers.

Well, there's always the great outdoors. This from the Daily Telegraph.

The world's tallest church is being eroded by streams of urine

Germany’s renowned Ulm Minster, the tallest church on the planet, is being steadily eroded by passers-by relieving themselves on its ancient walls.

The church in the city of Ulm in the south of the country is at risk, according to custodians, from the acids and salts in urine causing damage to the stone on its lower walls.

The church's spire stands at 161.5 metres

The minster’s stonemasons lament that doubling the fine for those caught mid-stream to €100 (£90) has not been enough to prevent people from peeing on the building.

“I’ve been keeping an eye on it for half a year now and, once again, it’s coated with urine and vomit,” said Michael Hilbert, Ulm Minster’s head mason.

“I am not the pee-police, but it’s about maintaining public order.”

The church's stonework is under threat, says its custodians

Mr Hilbert believes that the city’s Christmas market as well as a wine festival are in part to blame for the number of people urinating on the building, and wants to see more public toilets in the area.

A city spokesperson told Suedwest Presse that police patrols have increased, but no one has been caught in the act. She said the problem is likely to persist for as long as there are people.

The 14th century church is famous for boasting the highest spire in the world at 161.53 metres and being the 12th largest church by area, at 8,260 square metres. It is the fourth largest structure in the world built before the 20th century, and survived the Second World War unscathed despite the city around it being heavily bombed by the Allies. Its sandstone base has recently undergone a restoration.

Ulm is not the only city to be facing a problem with public urination. Last year, San Francisco introduced “anti-pee paint” on some of its walls in a bid to put off men caught short.

The urine-repellent coating is said to splash the urine back onto the offenders' trousers and shoes.

13 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Normally I wouldn't bother but the very fact that they are driving a van owned by the people that keep a roof over their heads and they don't even attempt to hide their phones belies belief. No person THAT stupid should be in employment let alone be allowed on our roads.

I would also ban driving while smoking too.

23 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I presume you're not taking these pics whilst at the wheel yourself