Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:26, Wolfie said:

Having seen local news from most regions, there's definitely something annoying and embarrasing about how Yorkshire presents itself.

What is it with the Yorkshire superiority complex?. Constantly banging on about "God's own county". It can't just have come from Geoff Boycott.

I'm a yorkshireman born and bred and they usually fall into two categories. Thick, obnoxious, insular, narrow minded ,arrogant tw*ts that know everything under the sun and have been there and done it already and they lack manners, basic courtesy and still think it's ok to make unsolicited sexist comments to passing women.

Or genuine, really dependable, salt of the earth blokes who are loyal, honest and although they say it how it is they don't ram it down others throats like the first category of yorkshireman. I fall between the two categories. :whistle:

Saw a  rotund 40 plus bloke walking the harbour at Brid last week wearing a t shirt that said, IF IT'S NOT FROM YORKSHIRE - IT'S *****. Should have known better than to go to Brid I guess.  So glad my kid is born and raised Derbyshire tbh.

When you paint outside steps as forecast says no rain then notice clouds on the horizon, could be shower. Spend time constructing a "rain tent" from bin bags and garden bench, securing bags with bricks to protect steps. Does not rain...bah!

People (particularly some posters on here) who say "disinterested" when they mean "uninterested ". The two don't mean the same thing. Disinterested means impartial or unbiased.  Grrr! 

On 27/08/2016 at 01:14, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'm a yorkshireman born and bred and they usually fall into two categories. Thick, obnoxious, insular, narrow minded ,arrogant tw*ts that know everything under the sun and have been there and done it already and they lack manners, basic courtesy and still think it's ok to make unsolicited sexist comments to passing women.

Or genuine, really dependable, salt of the earth blokes who are loyal, honest and although they say it how it is they don't ram it down others throats like the first category of yorkshireman. I fall between the two categories. :whistle:

Saw a  rotund 40 plus bloke walking the harbour at Brid last week wearing a t shirt that said, IF IT'S NOT FROM YORKSHIRE - IT'S *****. Should have known better than to go to Brid I guess.  So glad my kid is born and raised Derbyshire tbh.

I can live with the former as often they are great blokes to have around when the chips are down.

Best fun is to wind them up..... try this ...

Interrupt his 2 hour pub discourse on why Yorkshire is the greatest by saying - "Oh yeah, Yorkshire, the place who's job is to keep the wind off the Midlands."

Period drama's on telly. TV execs have gone all Alan Partridge it seems. "People like them, let's make some MORE of them"

How many do you bloody need to make?! Bloke in fancy costume, meets girl, they have it off, a few people get murdered, THE END.

They are all so predictable and mundane. So much so that I've heard they are thinking of doing one set around the iPro on matchday. :lol::p

Have a day off TV producers and make something else yeah?

The National Trust's pricing system.

I always thought that by Gift-aiding something, you pay's yer money and they get it plus the implied tax you've paid to get that amount. But no. Their prices are higher if you gift aid it.

An example would be

Non-gift-aided - £18

Gift aided - £20

What's the incentive to gift aid, or am I missing something?

What's even more annoying is where they say 'that's £15 with gift aid'..So you have to specifically say 'no I don't want to help charity'... This 'shame' technique winds me up.. whether it be people 'helping' to pack my shopping for money for their Uni rugby kit, or coming to your desk at work a d asking if you 'want' to sponsor them for a 3 mile flipping walk for some obscure charity...P!$$ o$$.

Ah, Chester, a man after my own heart. I'm no skinflint, I tip well, I do give to charities that I feel a connection with but sponsoring people at work for stuff that means nothing to me, particularly when these people barely give you the time of day boils my piss.

I hereby resolve to inform these people they can whistle, I'm done with stumping up to these people just so I am seen to be a decent bloke. **** 'em.

something that has annoyed the **** out of me for as long as I can remember, it started with Radio Stations, and has extended to Music TV stations, Movies and now Music compilations.

Censoring words.

In my opinion, if a song has a word in that you don't want to be heard, then do not play the song. That'll learn gangsters to use the N word in their rap songs. But it then started affecting films, even the "Yippee KeyYay .." bit in Die Hard 2!

But listening to a Hip Hop Compilation, which has "parental advisory" stickers all over it, faded out the N word. Grrrrr

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

something that has annoyed the **** out of me for as long as I can remember, it started with Radio Stations, and has extended to Music TV stations, Movies and now Music compilations.

Censoring words.

In my opinion, if a song has a word in that you don't want to be heard, then do not play the song. That'll learn gangsters to use the N word in their rap songs. But it then started affecting films, even the "Yippee KeyYay .." bit in Die Hard 2!

But listening to a Hip Hop Compilation, which has "parental advisory" stickers all over it, faded out the N word. Grrrrr

What about 2 Pacs great - Hit 'em up! Three minutes of silence? 

Radio 1 back in the 60's made The Kinks change a lyric in their song Lola from Coca Cola to Cherry Cola for fear of upsetting their strict advertising rules, yet didn't even know and still play to this day Apeman which includes the line "The air pollution is a effin' up my eye". Except they don't sing effin' they sing the word that would be filtered on here. Mad.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If we didn't have censoring, there wouldn't be the great line from The Who's My Generation 

Why don't you all f-f-fade away

Not really sure about that as FO wouldn't have rhymed with Don't try and dig what we all say. Although they could have changed that line to hope you get a nasty cough. ;)

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Adblock ?

Naughty, I appreciate sites need advertising but every 30 seconds or so, this redirection <div> tag to some advert which stops the clip altogether and then returns when you have the mandatory 15 second viewing is atrocious.

RIP Google :angry:

my little one has "safe search" on Google and the adverts are clearly not appropriate, providing loans to a 12 year old is not only immoral but illegal.