Just dropping in

SW6

Nothing would make me happier than to see a large inflatable snowman next to the Cardiff dugout while fake snow instead of flames comes out of of the boxes at the side of the pitch before the game. Then for the Rams to stuff Cardiff six nil.

One can only dream but I've probably got a better chance of winning the euro lottery on the same night.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

His damage ? I think the damage was done by Clement ? He had to sell our assets (ince and Hughes ) the club's trying to play fairly with ffp. 

I won't argue that Clement hasn't left his mark, as I think he was just as bad as Rowett, perhaps just a touch luckier with the results.

That being said, we were told time and time again that we were the right side of FFP - Hughes and Ince were most likely sold to finance Rowett's rebuilding. Unfortunately, that leaves us in no better shape but instead of sellable assets (like Ince and Hughes), we now have Jerome and Huddlestone, with low resale values and sat on high wages.

21 hours ago, SW6 said:

Guys,

Friendly Fulham fan here. Dropped in hoping I'd read how up for the game tuesday you all are and how beating cardiff will get your play off hopes back on track. Must admit, I'm feeling a little deflated. You don't seem very confident.

To me, cardiff seem there for the taking. They seem nervous and just scraping by. Sad to say, our season will be defined by you and Hull. I've read a few of your comments generally and just to say, from an away fans point of view, Pride Park away is one of those trips you expect to be under the cosh and will always take a point. I've always enjoyed my trips there (rarely the result).

Anyway, you have lot's of people in black n white, down south who are rams fans for the next few days. All the best

I know it's you Wolfie.  Stand up the real Citizen Smith.

I dont have any particular love of Fulham.

Fairly inoffensive team with a nice little ground, and in this era it probably helps attract players from overseas and young scousers onloan apparently if your club is based in the centre of London.

However, if its a choice between you and any club managed by that Colin! - who only gets 4k in cup games (unless its man city coming to town of course), and therefore needs to lock up 50% of the stands - then i know who i want to see get promoted every time.

P.S I really really dislike Colin.. and any rams fans who seriously wants him as boss of my beloved Rams, makes me wonder what other depths of depravity you would stoop to, just to theortically improve chances of a promotion to the league of soulness nations league.

19 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Backing the Manager isn't necessarily stupid. In this instance, it's just misguided. He's been backed all season, and what good has it done? We're here. Dropping like a brick in a swimming pool. 

Just as previous Managers have been found out, so has Rowett. No plan B at all. As soon as the rest of the league figures us out, we're screwed because we're incapable of playing any other way. Just because it's a mistake that's been repeated, doesn't mean that it's not a problem to fix. Rowett is clueless - giving him more time is just going to mean that there's more damage to undo when we finally do pull the trigger and put him out of our misery.

Still, it's good that Gary has some flexibity - moving from one strategy that sees us die on our @r$e$ to a different strategy that accomplishes much the same, winner.

As a playing squad we are now worse than when Rowett took over. We're not even heading in the right direction. Talented younger players shown the door so that more journeymen can be brought in? Brilliant. So when this goes wrong we're left with aged players, sat on fat contracts, with no one wanting to take them on the same terms, and them having no incentive to leave. Again, genius.

Take a good look around now before the season finishes. Identify who we want. Then as soon as the final whistle goes against Barnsley, show Rowett the door. Instead, we'll hold fire, then sack him in October anyway and spend the rest of the season d**king about until we can start undoing his damage the following summer.

Could've been said as equally valid a year ago.

21 hours ago, SW6 said:

I think you're all too pessimistic. Beat cardiff. You just need to deal with their aerial bombardment, sneak a win and that could be the catalyst. You'd just need to beat Barnsley and you'd be in, by my calculations. Millwall won't get more than 2 points off villa and boro. Then, as one of you rightly says, it's a lottery. Stranger things have happened boys.

C'mon, pull yourselves together and get pride park rocking. If not for yourselves, or us but just to take that fake grin of that sneaky old xxxx's face. 

The Championship needs you

Come on you Rams

Welcome to the Derby forum mate. This is as cheery as it gets on here these days. We're the most hard done by club in the land, don't you know. Noone has it worse than us. As such, we quite partial to a moan and if we think it's a good one, we're quite happy to post it several hundred times across every thread so that everybody knows how pissed off we really are.  Anyone who doesn't is immediately labelled, stupid or a happy-clapper. Usually both, in fact.

As for Cardiff, well we're struggling at the moment so it certainly won't be a cakewalk, but there's a chance we could assist you in the fight for 2nd place. Be assured, there are still a few Derby fans who'd love to stick it to Colin whom, it's fair to say, is not terribly popular amongst us lot, mainly because he's a proper mardy ****.  Mildly ironic, that is. Unfortunately, there's probably more of us who actively want Derby to lose the game. Make of that what you will.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Good luck with the rest of your season. Hope to see you in the Prem next year or 2019 at least! :thumbsup:

On 22/04/2018 at 18:27, SW6 said:

I think you're all too pessimistic. Beat cardiff. You just need to deal with their aerial bombardment, sneak a win and that could be the catalyst. You'd just need to beat Barnsley and you'd be in, by my calculations. Millwall won't get more than 2 points off villa and boro. Then, as one of you rightly says, it's a lottery. Stranger things have happened boys.

C'mon, pull yourselves together and get pride park rocking. If not for yourselves, or us but just to take that fake grin of that sneaky old xxxx's face. 

The Championship needs you

Come on you Rams

I hope we do you the favour and you go up. Like Fulham and Craven Cottage. Been on the Hammersmith (?) when it was terracing about 15-20 years back. Tigana era I think. Great atmosphere and witty fans. Ruffled the feathers of the so called bigger teams. And as for that uefa cup run - amazing. Was it Juve for that comeback? 

Current form says sorry but... we’re dippy enough to do something a bit mad and surprise everyone :)

22 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

I won't argue that Clement hasn't left his mark, as I think he was just as bad as Rowett, perhaps just a touch luckier with the results.

That being said, we were told time and time again that we were the right side of FFP - Hughes and Ince were most likely sold to finance Rowett's rebuilding. Unfortunately, that leaves us in no better shape but instead of sellable assets (like Ince and Hughes), we now have Jerome and Huddlestone, with low resale values and sat on high wages.

spot on

40 minutes ago, The ayatollah said:

I’m a city fan , i don’t want to go up , been a cracking season and i’ve loved the majority of it but i much prefer the championship . Fulham you can have it for me?

Well said. We don't want  you to go up either.

Don’t really care who goes up if it’s not us ,,, why would I? All this talk of styles ,,, which style deserves to go up ,it’s rubbish it takes all types of styles to make the great competitive football we watch in this country ,it’s what makes it interesting, the best boxing matches are the puncher v the boxer or two punchers ,two boxing technicians usually turns into a bore fest,

the other thing that drives me mad is all this plan b ******** ,,,,,, you choose a plan a and make sure you are so practised and good at it you beat most teams , the odd tweak ok but how many players do you need to keep and how much time do you have to coach two different styles of play to switch between ? Especially in a league like the championship where there seems to be a game every 3 days in the main ,,, it’s pure fantasy all this plan b stuff ,it’s down to pundits who don’t manage or coach telling us how every goal ever scored should have been stopped and games like football manager where you switch formations and log loads of extra training and it’s easy job done ,,,, it’s not real world 

we have for whatever reason stopped performing to the levels that got us to second spot such as concentration , confidence work rate ,determination and a bit of luck thrown in ,get those and get a bit of momentum and we are on it again , too many of our lot have rolled over in games when things have not gone to plan 

I want Fulham to go up as it will be a reward for playing good, attacking, attractive football

I don't want Fulham to go up because it's the best away day in the Championship

I don't want to Cardiff to go up because I dislike their manager and their style of play, and they are from Wales

I want Cardiff to go up so we don't have anything to do with them next season.

So really, whatever happens happens.

Archived