Why is he too afraid to play attacking football?

Sexydadbod

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It was though. He had the option to keep Russell until the end of the season and lose him for nothing instead of getting a couple of hundred thousand. He said something along the lines of Russell's mind might be on his move and he wouldn't give his full effort. Obviously he's spoke to Russell regularly and knows him, better than us, but I personally don't believe for one second that Russell wouldn't give his all until he left

I think that Russel was unhappy with life at Derby under GR, he wasn’t in the team earlier in the season and the contract offer probably came after he had spoke to his new team.  GR could have made him stay, we have other players in their final year that he is playing, however he decided not to, smoke screen that he wouldn’t give it his all.  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I think that Russel was unhappy with life at Derby under GR, he wasn’t in the team earlier in the season and the contract offer probably came after he had spoke to his new team.  GR could have made him stay, we have other players in their final year that he is playing, however he decided not to, smoke screen that he wouldn’t give it his all.  

After Russell scored his hat trick last night he said in a post match interview that he'd lost his confidence and that the Sporting KC manager gave him the belief and freedom again

32 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yeah Martin you know that 20 goal a season centre forward, well we got Jerome to replace him so that’s good. Bryson doesn’t fit our system, no he doesn’t he can run in a forward direction. I’ll give you Lawrence but not really a Ince replacement to be fair. Huddlelump, give over. 

Martin the one on lower league readings bench. The one with 2 goals in a year. Yes that one.

I think it's hard to replace and improve on ince for half the price to be honest. Who would you have got?

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Poor Rowett. Had it so hard. I bet Huddlestone, Davies and Ledley are on minimum wage. And Lawrence and Jerome were real bargains.

He bought Davies because of his buy out clause and only bought Huddlestone on the advise of Davies. Ledley was even more of a fluke as we wouldn’t have got him if it wasn’t for what happened with kieftenbeld on deadline day. Lawrence was meant to be our star player to replace “the one trick pony Ince” and Jerome to replace Martin.

Honestly mate, that just makes me upset, I think I will have a break with Derby and focus on other sports like the boxing for the foreseeable.

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Martin the one on lower league readings bench. The one with 2 goals in a year. Yes that one.

I think it's hard to replace and improve on ince for half the price to be honest. Who would you have got?

So you think Jerome is a upgrade on Martin?

I don’t know who’d I’d of got, but I’m not a professional football manager with an organisation and plethora of resource to scout and search for new talent. 

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Poor Rowett. Had it so hard. I bet Huddlestone, Davies and Ledley are on minimum wage. And Lawrence and Jerome were real bargains.

I really don't get the posts making out Rowett has been dealt some kind of bad hand. The squad he inherited, with zero changes, was capable of a top 6 challenge. He chose to cash in Hughes, Ince and Christie to raise quick cash to bring in very well established players that he knew could do the job he wanted. Every decision Rowett has made this season was with the view to go up this season without a second thought to future planning. If we don't finish in the top 6 this year, he has damned himself by his own hand.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He bought Davies because of his buy out clause and only bought Huddlestone on the advise of Davies. Ledley was even more of a fluke as we wouldn’t have got him if it wasn’t for what happened with kieftenbeld on deadline day. Lawrence was meant to be our star player to replace “the one trick pony Ince” and Jerome to replace Martin.

Honestly mate, that just makes me upset, I think I will have a break with Derby and focus on other sports like the boxing for the foreseeable.

Jerome is one that I truly don't get and I wouldn't be surprised if it raised a few eyebrows among the playing staff. Signing a 3rd choice player from a club below you in the table to ostensibly be the first choice striker for a final push for promotion is hardly inspiring. 

Gary will always play with the handbrake on and he will never change. The three to play behind Nugent should be Vydra, Lawrence and Palmer. However he won’t do this because those three may be slightly lazy in tracking back. We could easily play these three as we just need two workers behind them. Two players that will run and work. We haven’t got these players bar Ledley. Huddlestone is slow and Johnson can’t do this. Hanson may be able to be he will need time. Gary wants workers and players that can defend he does not like flair players. Our big loss this season was not getting Kieftenbeld from Birmingham as he was the perfect player for this. Gary can’t drop Vydra as he is our only goal threat and he won’t drop Lawrence as he is his big money buy. To drop Lawrence may bring into question his ability (or lack of) in the transfer market. He can however not play Palmer, which he clearly does. To play Wisdom at right wing back is criminal. Wisdom is barely is right back. I firmly believe we should play a back three with wing backs, and Anya is the clear choice for right wing back. I would play a back three of Wisdom, Keogh and Davies with Anya and Forsyth / Olsson as the left wing back.

Just now, brady1993 said:

Jerome is one that I truly don't get and I wouldn't be surprised if it raised a few eyebrows among the playing staff. Signing a 3rd choice player from a club below you in the table to ostensibly be the first choice striker for a final push for promotion is hardly inspiring. 

Especially after the Norwich fans warned us against him and that he was on a decline. If he isn’t good enough for them(who were towards the bottom at the time), then I doubted at the time that he’d be good enough to improve us. You just have to see the difference Mitrovic has made for Fulham the importance of having a high quality forward.

2 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Gary will always play with the handbrake on and he will never change. The three to play behind Nugent should be Vydra, Lawrence and Palmer. However he won’t do this because those three may be slightly lazy in tracking back. We could easily play these three as we just need two workers behind them. Two players that will run and work. We haven’t got these players bar Ledley. Huddlestone is slow and Johnson can’t do this. Hanson may be able to be he will need time. Gary wants workers and players that can defend he does not like flair players. Our big loss this season was not getting Kieftenbeld from Birmingham as he was the perfect player for this. Gary can’t drop Vydra as he is our only goal threat and he won’t drop Lawrence as he is his big money buy. To drop Lawrence may bring into question his ability (or lack of) in the transfer market. He can however not play Palmer, which he clearly does. To play Wisdom at right wing back is criminal. Wisdom is barely is right back. I firmly believe we should play a back three with wing backs, and Anya is the clear choice for right wing back. I would play a back three of Wisdom, Keogh and Davies with Anya and Forsyth / Olsson as the left wing back.

Great post dude, reflects my views perfectly. Who knows what Rowett was thinking playing Wisdom at right wing back.

15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

So you think Jerome is a upgrade on Martin?

I don’t know who’d I’d of got, but I’m not a professional football manager with an organisation and plethora of resource to scout and search for new talent. 

No I don't I wouldn't want either to be honest.

I do think rowett has made mistakes but I think he's had to look at a certain market due to finances available.

Let's be honest the mangers before him made a loss financially in transfers. He's made a slight profit and done no worse league position wise? 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Great post dude, reflects my views perfectly. Who knows what Rowett was thinking playing Wisdom at right wing back.

I couldn’t believe him playing Wisdom there. Wisdom is barely able to play right back. He started playing there to get games and it stuck. As I said Anya is made for that position in my opinion. Rowett is happy to get goals from set pieces and defend like hell. He reminds me very much of a low rate Mourinho but has absolutely no pedigree to back it up.

30 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Russell always gave his best and even if he played half hearted it would be better than some we have out there - we have missed him and badly

18 hours ago, Simsy said:

Maddison at Peterborough? Had an incredible season, probably would have gotte him for a couple million last summer. Guessing he and Marriott will go for a lot more this summer. 

18 hours ago, Simsy said:

Same old ..... from you. Take it you weren't at Brum , when in only a short time on the pitch Martin's skilfull flick lead to a goal. ( We were crying out for such skill yesterday.) Martin could still have done something especially after Winnalls injury but ' squad's too big Rowett ' thought otherwise.

19 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Don't overlook Gary wanted him last summer but couldn't get it done, so it wasn't even the case that he took a gamble to push us over the line.

He wanted Jerome to lead us all season.

19 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Don't overlook Gary wanted him last summer but couldn't get it done, so it wasn't even the case that he took a gamble to push us over the line.

He wanted Jerome to lead us all season.

That's the most depressing thing I've ever read.

Archived