Why is he too afraid to play attacking football?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I didnt hear Radio Derby, but apparently  he said the recruitment policy hasnt worked and caught up with us. 

Cant disagree with that. 

Basically said due to the funds he had he had to go down certain routes recruitment wise. 

The managers before splashed wrecklessly and now it has caught up with us. So for gary to improve our league position despite having a small budget should be remembered by the rowett out brigade. 

11 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Basically said due to the funds he had he had to go down certain routes recruitment wise. 

The managers before splashed wrecklessly and now it has caught up with us. So for gary to improve our league position despite having a small budget should be remembered by the rowett out brigade. 

He let good players go and replaced them with dross, his choice not the previous management. That should be remembered by the Rowett in brigade.

37 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The problem is we had just about all of those qualities at the start of the season,then gary sold or loaned them all away.

Abysmal.

Rubbish. If we had all the qualities you speak about then with McClaren in charge we would’ve walked into the playoffs last season playing fluid football wouldn’t we? Yet we were miles away and also played crap football.

Personnel wise he can't do much to make us more attacking. Palmer is the only person who didn't start today who is even remotely attacking in play style, but we seem to play him as a defensive mid half the time.

I would rather not ruin the youth players at this point - wait until this train wreck is over and try them next season.

His post match interview makes no sense.

He's had to go down a different route financially, which is fair enough.

But what pisses me and others off is wasting the money we do have signing someone like Jerome for over a million, a player who's 31 and sat on the bench offering sod all. How many new deals lately? Pearce, Thorne, Hanson, Keogh, Forsyth - Do you think they'd have taken pay cuts to commit?

He brings in Palmer and for whatever reason can't get a game for toffee. He's signed Fozzy to a new deal and only today back in the eleven, sometimes he's not even in the squad. Thorne? Waste of money IMO. Get him gone.

Why not use the loan market more appropriately if we are up to our tits with FFP?

42 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

He let good players go and replaced them with dross, his choice not the previous management. That should be remembered by the Rowett in brigade.

What good players went?? Ince and Hughes to raise money to stay in line with ffp.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Absolutely this - the likes of Gibson, Friend, Clayton, Basic, Traore & Assombalonga would walk into our team.

I wish their manager's hat would walk into our club.

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

What good players went?? Ince and Hughes to raise money to stay in line with ffp.

Ince & Hughes who haven’t been replaced (as promised last summer specifically by Rowett) Bryson, Martin, Russel. I’m more concerned with the ins to be honest. 

57 minutes ago, Simsy said:

He has a smaller bigger compared to previous Derby managers admittedly, compared to other managers in the league he has spent more and has a bigger budget.

His management is the reason why we have failed, one of the better players recruited he don’t even play from the start, is that also down to the budget? 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Ince & Hughes who haven’t been replaced (as promised last summer specifically by Rowett) Bryson, Martin, Russel. I’m more concerned with the ins to be honest. 

I have no problem with a player like Huddlestone IF you have mobile players around him to basically do his running for him. Say a really good fetch-and-carry merchant like that bloke who plays for Cardiff on loan - what's his name? Bison, Byron - something like that. He'd be a decent signing.

15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Martin :lol::lol::lol:

Russell wasn't really his choice..

Bryson didn't fit into our system.

Lawrence may be a good signing. Huddlestone was a bargain so was Davies. 

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I have no problem with a player like Huddlestone IF you have mobile players around him to basically do his running for him. Say a really good fetch-and-carry merchant like that bloke who plays for Cardiff on loan - what's his name? Bison, Byron - something like that. He'd be a decent signing.

Just imagine having one of those but letting him go whilst cocking up the replacement on deadline day. I mean that just wouldn’t happen would it :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

We haven't got a system. Rowettball isn't a system - it's a form of slow torture.

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yeah Martin you know that 20 goal a season centre forward, well we got Jerome to replace him so that’s good. Bryson doesn’t fit our system, no he doesn’t he can run in a forward direction. I’ll give you Lawrence but not really a Ince replacement to be fair. Huddlelump, give over. 

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

It was though. He had the option to keep Russell until the end of the season and lose him for nothing instead of getting a couple of hundred thousand. He said something along the lines of Russell's mind might be on his move and he wouldn't give his full effort. Obviously he's spoke to Russell regularly and knows him, better than us, but I personally don't believe for one second that Russell wouldn't give his all until he left

Archived