Can we still do it?

It’s still in our hands. But can the players be lifted before our must win vs Boro? The game in hand gives us hope, along with Millwall’s tough run in, despite their strong form.

Somehow, the bookies still have us at 1/2 to finish in the top 6, and 13/8 to not. I hate betting against us, but there’s some serious value right there. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s difficult to care any more tbh.

If we finish in the playoffs we’re probably more likely to be stuck with Rowett, and if we don’t, and he goes, the season’s been a complete waste of time. 

Six and two threes. 

9 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

we have decent record agaisnt top teams, not so against burton and sunderland.

i would have thought we will get a decent reaction in the next game, given the shower in the last match.

Think that was mainly predicated on the form we showed in the run up to Xmas. In our current form it's hard to see us matching those performances, especially when we've contrived to make Sunderland and Burton look like Real Madrid. Hope you're right though :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

It’s difficult to care any more tbh.

If we finish in the playoffs we’re probably more likely to be stuck with Rowett, and if we don’t, and he goes, the season’s been a complete waste of time. 

Six and two threes. 

Chin up Lambchop - it'll soon be Christmas ;)

21 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Think that was mainly predicated on the form we showed in the run up to Xmas. In our current form it's hard to see us matching those performances, especially when we've contrived to make Sunderland and Burton look like Real Madrid. Hope you're right though :thumbsup:

well while the fans on here at least have given up... i really hope GR and the players havent... they have to give it their all in the last 4. 3 at home... we just need to have a go.

12 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

well while the fans on here at least have given up... i really hope GR and the players havent... they have to give it their all in the last 4. 3 at home... we just need to have a go.

Just 'having a go' is the bare bare minimum of expectations. It'll take more than that to beat Boro but I concede that it would be a starting point of sorts after our recent 'efforts'.

30 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I’m looking forward to the start of next year’s collapse already. 

Pastures new, and all that. 

March 2019: Serious questions are asked of Neil Warnock’s January transfer dealings as Derby slip from 1st down to 9th after a winless 14 games. Favourites to succeed Warnock include Gary Rowett, Mac 4 and Tom Ince’s mum. 

33 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I’m looking forward to the start of next year’s collapse already. 

Pastures new, and all that. 

I'm just grateful that we can usually get eh Xmas and NY celebrations out the way before the inevitable souternward slide begins. Pretty considerate really!

Of course we can do it!

But on current form, you can understand why some fans can’t see us getting over the line.

I mean if we had handled those Burton and Sunderland games with the same intensity we do a local derby against Forest, we’d probably be home and dry by this point.

Instead we probably need 7-9 points just to be sure of a top six place.

This is just typical Derby though. When do we ever do things the easy way? :lol:

We can definitely do it, but dear god someone shoot me if this is to be our promotion season and results in at least another year of this horrendous football.  

This has been the worst season I can remember including the Jewell era. The RAM PANT story was at least more entertaining than any thing on the pitch in the last 12 months under Rowett.

As results and performances have shown we are nowhere near good enough for promotion, just imagine the scores against us in the prem with this team!!!

Anyway, who actually thought at the start of the season we would be fighting for promotion come April? Not many I bet! 

Roll on to next season.....

Of course we can do it, but we have been dour and uncreative and the the two performances against Sunderland and Burton were so pathetic that you wonder what is going on

before a ball was kicked I believed we had an excellent squad for the top four and by the end of the summer transfer window I thought our midfield was non existent past the centre circle and worry some and after a series of results from good defending and taking our only chances and some kind decisions from the officials we zoomed up the table to second then again to me a dreadful January transfer window where we lost a lot of options and compounded our only style 

currently I don’t think our players are good enough offensively which is ridiculous considering we have the leagues leading scorer 

Archived