Can we still do it?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sad to say but I think too many would rather us have a bad performance so they can tell us they were right, give them a chance to berate the players, even better it could get our manager sacked or the absolute pinnacle...our chairman, who has invested over £100m in our club will walk away.

Absolutely. It's all my fault. Mea Culpa. :lol:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever the optimist. 

Heres my hope. Saturday’s team will see the return of Keogh and Fozzy/Olsson and they along with the back 5 will regain the form that saw us up to 2nd between now and the end of the season. If we are to do anything this season we need to tighten up. 

If the team can pick a win up Saturday by hook or by crook that would give us much needed confidence going into Cardiff. Stranger things have happened. We need to hit a Cardiff/Fulham run which must start Saturday. 

The confidence must be low, we are out of the top 6. What really do we have to lose? Let’s try going for it. 

If we remain in this league we need a clearout, Olsson, Pearce, Johnson, Butterfield, Wiemann, Anya, Jerome, Nugent. Problem is who would want them? 

Possibly Forsyth, Thorne if they can’t find their form or fitness. Again who would want them?

I like Keogh, Bryson and Martin but maybe their time has come to move on. 

Looking at the squad as a whole I don’t think barring Vydra, Carson and Davies I would be concerned if anyone left. That is how the season has got me. 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You're fault for what? 

Demanding a bad performance so I could say I was right - that's what you were suggesting. As I said before Rowett has chosen his way and while he's winning it was okay for lots, now we're not winning it's wrong to suggest fans are wanting Derby to fail just to say I told you so.

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Demanding a bad performance so I could say I was right - that's what you were suggesting. As I said before Rowett has chosen his way and while he's winning it was okay for lots, now we're not winning it's wrong to suggest fans are wanting Derby to fail just to say I told you so.

Think you're putting words in my mouth there.

I said Saturday is a massive opportunity for us and it would be good to see the fans getting behind us, as they did when we were winning. 

Just think that many won't because they really aren't arsed and would probably prefer a chance to vent their spleen rather than see Rowett managing us in the Premier League.

Nowhere did I apportion any blame to the fans for our bad performances, just pointing out that Saturday might be an opportune time to try and give the players a real lift.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

4 games to go, 12 points to play for, 3 promotion rivals to play and there a few matches still to go between our rivals...of course we can do it.

Can we shake off the complete negativity surrounding the club once again...I doubt it.

Can we as fans re-create the sort of atmosphere at Pride Park that we had against Forest and Sheffield Wednesday when the players came flying out the blocks? If not, why not?

Sad to say but I think too many would rather us have a bad performance so they can tell us they were right, give them a chance to berate the players, even better it could get our manager sacked or the absolute pinnacle...our chairman, who has invested over £100m in our club will walk away.

I don’t beleive that to be true, Derby fans will back the team and if they come out fighting and attacking then the atmosphere will reflect that.  Most fans don’t really care who is in charge, however if they see the team sitting back, counter attacking, and trying not to lose rather than win, then they to will sit back in their seats and wait for something to happen.  

The team need to shake off the negativity as much as the fans, if Derby set off on the front front, the fans as always will respond.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is what you said @G STAR RAM I misunderstood what you meant then.

16 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I don’t beleive that to be true, Derby fans will back the team and if they come out fighting and attacking then the atmosphere will reflect that.  Most fans don’t really care who is in charge, however if they see the team sitting back, counter attacking, and trying not to lose rather than win, then they to will sit back in their seats and wait for something to happen.  

The team need to shake off the negativity as much as the fans, if Derby set off on the front front, the fans as always will respond.

Agree with what you say.

Just remember back to Forest and Sheffield Wednesday matches where the atmosphere was electric before and we flew out the blocks in both games. 

Pretty sure either GR or one of the players mentioned it post match too.

17 hours ago, King Kevin said:

I have alluded to this before but I have never felt like this before about Derby .I always predicted an 8th to 10th finish this season .So why am I not happy even though we have a chance of the playoffs .

Being second and going backwards doesn't help if we were on the way up on a run we would all feel different .I can't be arsed to go on Saturday if I was a betting man I'd put money on a Bamford winner it's the Derby way.

I guess the dull pedestrian football has beat the **** out of me and I have lost interest .I admire the blind faith of some of the young ones because I was like that once ,now the cynical old git in me looks past that .

I look past it and I don't like what I see anymore ,I hope they make it for the believers but I don't think they will not much to be proud about Derby these days.

Same here @King Kevin! For the first time in 54 years I’ve not renewed my season ticket as I’m worn out by constantly having my weekends ruined by watching this mind numbing stuff.Enough is enough.

Social media ,in all its forms,is particularly vicious and I do wonder how many people who spew out their venom against the owner,the manager the players and just about everyone else ! actually go to games?!?It’s a far cry from my starting out in 1964 and “supporting” the team through thick and thin.Even back then ,Tim Ward and Cloughie got moaned at as well as players like O’Hare and McGovern who did reasonably well I think! 

People constantly advocating a change of manager every season or “playing the U23s”(ffs!) don’t seem to get the bigger picture or think about the leap from U23 level to the Championship.

I always thought it’d take Rowett at least three windows to get things on an even keel but,like most things in football,patience and tolerance is in short supply.I like the fact that Shackell,Bent,Ledley,Baird and Roos are leaving at the end of June which frees up wages.Having said that I’m totally mystified by new contracts awarded to Keogh,Pearce,Thorne,Forsyth and Hanson.

I still think that,with the right 4/5 additions in the summer and adding Lowe,Elsnik and Thomas to the squad,Rowett can make us a force next season.I also read today from Alan Nixon that a new recruitment advisor is on his way and that Mel has actually said he’ll back the manager with significant funds in the summer.

You don’t have to be an Einstein to realise we need younger legs in all areas and that the balance of the squad is still not right.Rowett’s had to work within the restraints of FFP and that should ease from July 1st and ,hopefully,quieten the dimwits who think splashing millions is the simple answer to a winning team.Bryson,Butterfield and Martin also return to the club and I’m intrigued as to how that’ll work out for next season.

I’ll still be at every game  in spirit but have to stay away to rest my eyes and try and try to restore my optimism.The 54 year love affair has ended and anyone who knows me won’t believe I’m not going anymore.Having said that,they’ll probably run away with the title next season by playing sparkling,attacking football! Then again!?

The next 4 games could tell us and Gary so much. They know now they have messed this up. If they had anything about them, they would come out and give everything they've got. The players who don't...Get rid, because we don't want you. The players who give everything and just show desire, you have another chance.

Archived