Can we still do it?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I must have missed it when Igor was getting Championship managerial experience?

What do you have to back up your statement that he is 'loads better than Rowett'.

Not sure how many players outside of Derby and Croatia would even have heard of Igor Stimac.

i didnt say championship experiance and  alot i would imagen when hes been the head coach of croatia and if you were going down that root how many people outside of england have heard of rowett? 

14 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

i didnt say championship experiance and  alot i would imagen when hes been the head coach of croatia and if you were going down that root how many people outside of england have heard of rowett? 

And would 2 defeats to Scotland make him an atractive proposition to potential new players?

Not sure many people will have heard of Rowett but there again I'm not trying to talk him up to be something that he might not be.

I don't think for a minute that we'll make the playoffs, let alone get up. It's not unrealistic with the games we have left, and what those teams, Barnsley included, have to play for, that we won't get a single point from now until the summer. 

If we were playing ok, but keepers were having worldys and we weren't getting the rub of green, then you could hope, or even expect that that tide would turn, and we'd hit the playoffs as the inform side. But that isn't the case. We are a very poor side, playing very poor football. 

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And would 2 defeats to Scotland make him an atractive proposition to potential new players?

Not sure many people will have heard of Rowett but there again I'm not trying to talk him up to be something that he might not be.

how have i talked him up iv only said he should go for igor because he a leader and the way we are going we need a good leader to take us forwards 

6 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

how have i talked him up iv only said he should go for igor because he a leader and the way we are going we need a good leader to take us forwards 

Sorry you are barking up the wrong tree ,it’s one thing being a leader type of a player on the pitch and quite another being a manager ,, there is far far more to being a manager than being a leader ,,had he not played for derby he would not even be on your radar as a poss manager for us ,there is not one thing on his cv as a manager that screams out go get him for the derby job ,,, the only ex player I would even consider giving the role would be Paul Simpson and that’s because of his knowledge and experience with young players but even then I wouldn’t give it to him as the weight of history and expectancy just puts to much pressure on ,,,

31 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

You've said he's experienced but not quantified why he would be any more experienced in managing a Championship team than Gary Rowett.

What insight do you have into Stimac's leadership as a football manager?

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Really. 

Yes, I’m sure it’ll be a completely different kind of collapse next season. With Rowett still in charge, and the same players in the squad, they’ll all be older and wiser, and will doubtless find new and inventive ways to implode. 

In the last 10, we're not creating much and are conceding disgraceful goals.  The team are rock bottom in terms of confidence - you only have to listen to Curtis Davies who says we'll be lucky to finish top ten playing like we are.  Not gonna happen, folks. 

5 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Yes, I’m sure it’ll be a completely different kind of collapse next season. With Rowett still in charge, and the same players in the squad, they’ll all be older and wiser, and will doubtless find new and inventive ways to implode. 

Assuming Rowett goes who do you want Dean Smith Brentford manager !

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Assuming Rowett goes who do you want Dean Smith Brentford manager !

I don’t have a preferred candidate. I agree with the comments that others have made about getting back to a coherent philosophy and a clear plan throughout the club. There are obviously several possible ways of doing that, and a number of different individuals who might be suitable. 

Perhaps the biggest indictment against Gary is that, even if he was eventually able to make his system work, it is at odds with the training ethos of the academy, making progression difficult, and it is at odds with what the fans actually want to see.

He was simply the wrong choice of manager for a long term project based on a consistent style. The fact that he is failing now means that now is the right time to make the change, and get back on track with ‘the Derby way’. 

I think the priority should be appointing an experienced and forward thinking manager who can be trusted to build in the right direction. I don’t know enough to know who that might be, possibly someone from abroad, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t Gary Rowett. 

Just now, Lambchop said:

I don’t have a preferred candidate. I agree with the comments that others have made about getting back to a coherent philosophy and a clear plan throughout the club. There are obviously several possible ways of doing that, and a number of different individuals who might be suitable. 

Perhaps the biggest indictment against Gary is that, even if he was eventually able to make his system work, it is at odds with the training ethos of the academy, making progression difficult, and it is at odds with what the fans actually want to see.

He was simply the wrong choice of manager for a long term project based on a consistent style. The fact that he is failing now means that now is the right time to make the change, and get back on track with ‘the Derby way’. 

I think the priority should be appointing an experienced and forward thinking manager who can be trusted to build in the right direction. I don’t know enough to know who that might be, possibly someone from abroad, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t Gary Rowett. 

I backed Rowett but I like Dean Smith. 

Anyhow it would seem Gary is on thin ice at the moment if your views are in the majority.

All depend how MM feels to be honest 

Archived