Do we sack Rowett or does Chairman Mel walk

Gypsy Ram

6 minutes ago, Davide said:

Yeh sack another manager get another, sack him cycle continues. The players aren’t good enough and most were not bought by Rowett. The players should be sacked.

Wisdom

davies

hudds

ledley

palmer

lawrence

jerome

thats a fair few he has signed that were in the team today..

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Davide said:

Yeh sack another manager get another, sack him cycle continues. The players aren’t good enough and most were not bought by Rowett. The players should be sacked.

I would agree if the players brought in by GR are any better.

8 minutes ago, Davide said:

8 of the 12 outfield players involved today were either signed by or had their contract extended by Rowett.

21 minutes ago, Papahet said:

MM is the sole blame for this.

14/15 squad needed minor twerks, not a 30 million quid facelift. Hughes and Ince gone, Vydra likely to be on his way in the Summer. 

Blackman, Butterfield, Johnson, Nugent, Jerome were not players we needed. Money down the shitter.

His spree under Clement has shafted us massively today with FFP.  Forgetting the countless managers hired and fired.

His heart is in the right place. Head isnt. 

Find it hard to berate a chairman that has consistently put his hands into his pockets. He has made mistakes, granted, but ultimately most managers in this league would give their right arm to have just a season with the sort of backing Mel has provided. Quite frankly I think Mel is vindicated in either sticking with Gary given his hot-headed reputation or firing him due to his incompetence. I'll back Mel, he is just one of us at the end of the day with a few more quid in his back pocket. He doesn't deserve this outcome given the backing he has given Gary. Can call it misplaced but he has given the manager the tools to do the job in my mind and so what more can he do?

35 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If Rowett isn't fired, I'd want Mel to walk. 

We sacked McClaren for less.

We sacked Clement for less.

Why on earth is Rowett still here? For his wonderful, flowing football? For adhering to the ''derby way''? 

Go and get Warburton please Mel, or another manager who actually believes in the ball on the ground. 

Clement spent more, not generated by himself and on a better squad… to be fair 

Both are horrendous scenarios!! Another new manager with more different ideas and no real backing to restructure and I think relegation is a possibility next season. If Mel walks away...we’re stuffed unless we’re bought by a sensible consortium with serious backing (do they even exist!)

The irony is Mel is the cause of much of this obvious discontent, but we need him because losing him could be catastrophic for the future of our club. Could lead to another 3 amigos scenario.

Who would be a football club owner?! Bet Mel wishes he’d left well alone!

1 hour ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Never should have sacked Steve 1. Never should have sacked Clement, never should have hired Pearson, never should have sacked Steve 2. Should have never hired Rowett. Should have never sanctioned all those horrible transfers.

He either sacks Rowett or walks away and finds decent Investors. I'm sorry his pet project didn't work out.

Why dont the fans with this view walk instead.

Do us all a favour!

The fact that if mel finds investment somehow saves him shows the mentality of fans in this country.

1 minute ago, "Like ya say" said:

What is this who to point at the finger at? 

Have a bit of patience ffs none of us fans have that do we some of you wanted mac 2 out. 

This club has made mistakes which are not gonna be made right over a season. 

Anyway DERBY TILL I DIE ????

Yes. Let's accept negligence and lack of fiduciary duty to the club and fans.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Both are horrendous scenarios!! Another new manager with more different ideas and no real backing to restructure and I think relegation is a possibility next season. If Mel walks away...we’re stuffed unless we’re bought by a sensible consortium with serious backing (do they even exist!)

Id rather us go down to league 1 with Mel, than sell out chinese owners.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Why dont the fans with this view walk instead.

Do us all a favour!

The fact that if mel finds investment somehow saves him shows the mentality of fans in this country.

I'll never ask you to walk. How crude.

Just now, Davide said:

Ok but that includes players like Davies who have had good seasons? We can’t keep sacking managers. 

A constant from comment from those who defend Rowett is that 'he inherited a mess' and 'wait until he has his players'.

At what point do we accept that Rowett simply isn't up to the job?

The majority of Derby players on that pitch today were signed by Rowett, one of the others is the top scorer in the league. Rowett himeslf has blamed at least 2 of his signings for giving away goals today. If the blame is on the players then Rowett has to take his share of the blame as he signed most of them.

Archived